Open Source Norton Ghost AlternativesTop System Restore Tools and other similar apps like Norton Ghost
Rescuezilla is a free, easy-to-use hard drive disk cloning and imaging application that boots as a live USB. Rescuezilla is fully interoperable with Clonezilla . This means that backups created by Clonezilla can be restored with Rescuezilla...
Suggest and vote on features
- - Rescuezilla is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Norton Ghost.
- - Rescuezilla is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Norton Ghost.
- PortableRescuezilla can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Ad-freeRescuezilla doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- LightweightRescuezilla consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- NTFS Partition RecoveryRescuezilla can recover your data from a formatted or deleted NTFS partition.
- Recover Corrupted FilesRescuezilla can recover and repair corrupted files that won't open or that open with an error.
- No TrackingRescuezilla will not track you or use your personal data.
- Encrypted BackupRescuezilla uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
- Photo RecoveryRescuezilla can recover photos from damaged, failed, corrupted, or inaccessible storage.
- Automatic BackupRescuezilla will automatically back up your data periodically.
Open-source partition and disk imaging, cloning and recovery solution with multicast support to clone 40+ computers simultaneously.Suggest and vote on features
- PortableClonezilla can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Encrypted BackupClonezilla uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
- Schedule BackupClonezilla supports scheduling of your backups at specific times or intervals.
- Ad-freeClonezilla doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
Comments about Clonezilla as a Alternative to Norton GhostMost users think Clonezilla is a great Norton Ghost alternative.Guest
One of the most important features of norton ghost is live backups which is not supported by Clonezilla5
Redo Rescue can backup and restore an entire system in minutes, with a point-and-click interface anyone can use. Bare metal restore to a new, blank drive and be up and running in minutes. Supports saving to and restoring from local disks or shared network drives.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Redo Rescue is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to Norton Ghost.
Redo Rescue Features
A utility that can write a raw backup image of your hard drive to a removable device or vice versa.Suggest and vote on features
Win32 Disk Imager Features
Comments about Win32 Disk Imager as a Alternative to Norton Ghostpros, cons and recent commentsGuest
This is just for writing to removable devices, not for hard disk images.0
FOG is a free open-source cloning/imaging solution/rescue suite. A alternative solution used to image Windows XP, Vista PCs using PXE, PartImage, and a Web GUI to tie it together. Includes featues like memory and disk test, disk wipe, av scan & task scheduling.Suggest and vote on features
FOG Project Features
rdiff-backup backs up one directory to another, possibly over a network. The target directory ends up a copy of the source directory, but extra reverse diffs are stored in a special subdirectory of that target directory, so you can still recover files lost some time ago.Suggest and vote on features
FSArchiver is a system tool that allows you to save the contents of a file system to a compressed archive file. The file system can be restored on a partition which has a different size and it can be restored on a different file system.FSArchiver has no features, suggest some!
Cronopete is a backup utility for Linux, modeled after Apple's Time Machine. It aims to simplify the creation of periodic backups.Suggest and vote on features
Lethe is a Deep Freeze -like partition freezing software for Debian GNU/Linux and Lihuen GNU/Linux (May work on other Debian-based GNU/Linux distributions). Lethe makes the partitions behave like a Live CD: all changes made on the file system...Suggest and vote on features
The project is no longer developed. Last version, 0.34, released in January 2011, can be still downloaded from SourceForge
fwbackups is a feature-rich user backup program that allows you to backup your documents anytime, anywhere. It is completely free to download and use without any sort of trial or restrictions. In fact, fwbackups is open-source, which means anybody can use, share it and improve...Suggest and vote on features
- Schedule Backupfwbackups supports scheduling of your backups at specific times or intervals.
The program is no longer updated. Last version, 1.43.4, released in December 2010, can be still downloaded from the official website.
Simple system backup and restore application with extra features. Systemback makes it easy to create backups of system and users configuration files. In case of problems you can easily restore the previous state of the system. There are extra features like system copying, system.Systemback has no features, suggest some!Discontinued
The project is no longer developed and supported. Last version, 1.8, released in May 2016, can be still downloaded from SourceForge.
ODIN (Open Disk Imager in a Nutshell) is a utility for easy backup of hard drive volumes or complete hard drives under Windows. A disk image can be created or restored. Only used clusters can be backuped, compression on the fly is possible.ODIN has no features, suggest some!Discontinued
The project is no longer developed. Last version, 0.34, released in October 2011, can be still downloaded from SourceForge.