Open Source MyPaint Alternatives
The most popular alternative is GIMP, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to MyPaint so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting MyPaint alternatives are Krita (Free, Open Source), Glimpse Image Editor (Free, Open Source), Pixelitor (Free, Open Source) and Seashore (Free, Open Source).
- GIMP is a free program for such photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. Essentially it's the closest thing to Photoshop you can get for free.
- Professional, free, and open-source raster graphics editor with advanced digital painting and sketching tools and workflow features.
- Glimpse is an open source image editor based on the GNU Image Manipulation Program. The goal is to experiment with new ideas and expand the use of free software.
- Pixelitor is a cross-platform raster graphics editor written in Java. It supports image filters, drawing, layers, multiple undo, etc.
- Seashore is an open source image editor for Mac OS. It features gradients, textures and anti-aliasing for both text and brush strokes.
- This application is a basic image editor, similar to Microsoft Paint, but aiming at the GNOME desktop. PNG, JPEG and BMP files are supported.
- Milton is an open source application that features an infinite canvas. It feels raster-based but internally it works with vectors. It lets you export your work at any resolution.
- GPS (aka Gimp Paint Studio) is a collection of brushes, patterns, color gradients, accompanying tool presets and dynamics.
- You can use it to view your photographs and improve them. Showfoto is the standalone image editor of the digiKam project.
- AzPainter is a full color painting program for linux. It's a lightweight tool with tablet pressure support, and provides basic functions such as selection, layers, filters.