Open Source MPV Alternatives for Mac
There are many alternatives to MPV for Mac if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Mac alternative is VLC Media Player, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to MPV and many of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to MPV are MPlayer (Free, Open Source), IINA (Free, Open Source), KMPlayer (Free) and QuickTime Player (Free).
- VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework. Owned by the non-profit organization VideoLAN.
- MPlayer is a movie player which runs on many systems (see the documentation).
- INA is born to be a modern macOS application, from its framework to user interface.
- MPlayerX is an open source project which aims to be the most powerful, beautiful, easy to use multimedia player on Mac OS X.
- A Mac media player based on QuickTime and FFMpeg, Open source under the GPLv3 and hosted on Google Code.
- QMPlay2 is a video and audio player. It can play all formats supported by FFmpeg, libmodplug (including J2B and SFX).
- This program aims to be a multi-engine (Include of Perian Project) player designed for playing movies nicely for a person who likes to watch or present movies on their computer...
- QtAV is a multimedia playback library based on Qt and FFmpeg. It can help you to write a player with less effort than ever before.Features
- MPlayer OSX Extended is an unofficial extension of the MPlayer OSX user interface.
- This is the next generation of VLC for Mac also called Lunettes.