Free MPV Alternatives for Mac
There are many alternatives to MPV for Mac if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Mac alternative is VLC Media Player, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to MPV and many of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to MPV are MPlayer (Free, Open Source), IINA (Free, Open Source), KMPlayer (Free) and QuickTime Player (Free).
- VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework. Owned by the non-profit organization VideoLAN.
- MPlayer is a movie player which runs on many systems (see the documentation).
- INA is born to be a modern macOS application, from its framework to user interface.
- The KMPlayer is a versatile media player which can cover various types of container format.
- Watch Internet video, HD movie trailers, and personal media clips. Whether it’s on the web or on your desktop, QuickTime Player brings your digital media brilliantly to life.
- RealPlayer with RealTimes (aka “RealPlayer” for short) still includes the legacy features, such as Video Player, Downloader, Converter, Organizer and Web Videos.
- A Mac media player based on QuickTime and FFMpeg, Open source under the GPLv3 and hosted on Google Code.
- MPlayerX is an open source project which aims to be the most powerful, beautiful, easy to use multimedia player on Mac OS X.
- 5KPlayer is a mixture of free (MKV) HD video player, music player, AirPlay media streamer and online video downloader.
- QMPlay2 is a video and audio player. It can play all formats supported by FFmpeg, libmodplug (including J2B and SFX).