Open Source mIRC AlternativesTop IRC Clients and other similar apps like mIRC
Pidgin is a chat program which lets you log into accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on XMPP and sitting in an IRC channel at the same time.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Pidgin is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to mIRC.
- - Pidgin is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to mIRC.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsPidgin can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Multiple Account supportPidgin support multiple accounts without the need to logout and login
- PortablePidgin can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- No TrackingPidgin will not track you or use your personal data.
- Ad-freePidgin doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- VoiP CallsPidgin allows you to make voice calls over Internet using the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
Opinions about Pidgin as a Alternative to mIRCMost users think Pidgin is a great mIRC alternative.
HexChat is an IRC client based on XChat for Linux , but unlike XChat it’s completely free for both Windows and Unix-like systems.Suggest and vote on features
The version 2.16.2 is the final version of the software. The author announced that "The project has largely been unmaintained for years now and nobody else stepped up to do that work."
Comments about HexChat as a Alternative to mIRCAlmost everyone thinks HexChat is a great mIRC alternative.Guest
Open source, light and customizable, i recommend it3Guest
Similar to Mirc but less complex0
Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, video chat, and file transfers over many different protocols. You can tell it about your accounts on all those services and do all your chatting within one application.Suggest and vote on features
Empathy is currently unmaintained. Last version, 3.25, released in August 2017, can be still downloaded from the official website.
XChat is an IRC chat program for both Linux and Windows. It allows you to join multiple IRC channels (chat rooms) at the same time, talk publicly, private one-on-one conversations etc. Even file transfers are possible.Suggest and vote on features
XChat for Linux FeaturesDiscontinued
The program is no longer updated. Last version, 2.8.8, released in May 2010, can be still downloaded from the official website.
Quassel IRC is a modern, cross-platform, distributed IRC client based on the Qt5 framework. Distributed means that one (or multiple) client(s) can attach to and detach from a central core that stays permanently online -- much like the popular combination of screen and a...
WeeChat is a free chat client, fast and light, designed for many operating systems. It is highly customizable and extensible with scripts.Suggest and vote on features
- Command line interfaceWeeChat either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsWeeChat can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Support for ThemesYou can use themes and templates to change the look and feel of WeeChat.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in WeeChat without registration.
- DecentralizedWeeChat is based on a decentralized infrastructure with no single entity controlling it.
- Support for @mentionsWeeChat supports the use of mentions through @ to a particular user, who will be notified personally.
- LightweightWeeChat consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- No TrackingWeeChat will not track you or use your personal data.
- Ad-freeWeeChat doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
KVIrc is a free portable IRC client based on the excellent Qt GUI toolkit. KVirc is being written by Szymon Stefanek and the KVIrc Development Team with the contribution of many IRC addicted developers around the world.Suggest and vote on features
Comments about KVIrc as a Alternative to mIRCAlmost everyone thinks KVIrc is a great mIRC alternative.Guest
Good features, very stable and free, aside from mIRC there's nothing better out there.0Guest
It's free, has certain nice extra features and a better scripting language.1
A hand-crafted IRC client that you can enjoy. Designed to be used easily and freely. More friendly than other webirc clients giving the general public an easy option to connect to any IRC network.
- - Kiwi IRC is the most popular Web-based & Self-Hosted alternative to mIRC.
Comments about Kiwi IRC as a Alternative to mIRCpros, cons and recent comments
It's clearly an IRC application. Just because it can be self-hosted doesn't change that.0
Konversation is an IRC client which gives you speedy access to Freenode network's channels, where you will find support for most distributions.
ChatZilla is a clean, easy to use and highly extensible Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client, built on the Mozilla platform, which provides all the usual features: multiple servers, a built-in list of standard networks, easy searching and sorting of available channels, logging, and...Discontinued
Discontinued since 2017. From their website: “With the release of Firefox 57 (Firefox Quantum), it is no longer possible for ChatZilla to work as an extension in Firefox.”
Polari is an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client designed for GNOME 3.Suggest and vote on features