Open Source Mathematica Alternatives for Mac
There are many alternatives to Mathematica for Mac if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Mac alternative is Sage, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to Mathematica and many of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to Mathematica are GNU Octave (Free, Open Source), R (programming language) (Free, Open Source), Maxima (Free, Open Source) and Jupyter (Free, Open Source).
- Sage is a free open-source mathematics software system licensed under the GPL. It combines the power of many existing open-source packages into a common Python-based interface.
- Octave is a computer program for performing numerical computations which is mostly compatible with...
- R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics.
- Maxima is a system for the manipulation of symbolic and numerical expressions, including differentiation, integration, Taylor series, Laplace transforms, ordinary differential...
- Open source, interactive data science and scientific computing across over 40 programming languages.
- Scilab is a scientific software package for numerical computations providing a powerful open computing environment for engineering and scientific applications.
- Julia is a high-level, high-performance dynamic programming language for technical computing, with syntax that is familiar to users of other technical computing environments.
- Spyder (previously known as Pydee) is a free open-source Python development environment providing MATLAB-like features in a simple and light-weighted software, available for...
- SymPy is a Python library for symbolic computation.
- wxMaxima is a document based interface for the computer algebra system Maxima. wxMaxima uses wxWidgets and runs natively on Windows, X11 and Mac OS X.