For better or worse, the core madokami community organizes through
IRC, on the Rizon network, in the #madokami channel. To the end of
making sure people know how to use such glorious technology,
using madokami requires an account only obtainable through a labyrinthine
gauntlet of IRC arcana. Don't worry, it builds character.
1. Connect to the Rizon IRC network using a real IRC client. I like Hexchat.
2. Register your nick through Rizon's NickServ.
3. Open the #madokami channel. Note the channel topic, it's important.
4. There's an IRC bot in the channel, identified by that important thing earlier.
5. Direct message that IRC bot with this cryptic incantation:
"REGISTER user pass", replacing the `user` and `pass` with, you know,
the things you might expect.
6. When prompted by the website, enter in those magical things into
the appropriate dialog box in your web browser.
7. Wow, that was incredibly painful!... More Info »
If you forget your password for some reason, it's gone forever, too bad. You
can create a new account using the procedure above.
If you do want to change your (or someone else's) password, use the
"CHANGEPASSWORD user old-password new-password" incantation.
If you want to upload new files or organize existing files, email
email@example.com and ask nicely for a special uploading account. If you sound
like a reasonable person, we'll give you further instructions on how to do
things from there. We used to allow anonymous edits, but there's been too much
vandalism recently. We'll have a better solution to asking us manually for
Your lazy sysadmin,