LyX Alternatives for Linux
There are many alternatives to LyX for Linux if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Linux alternative is Apache OpenOffice Writer, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 46 alternatives to LyX and many of them are available for Linux so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Linux alternatives to LyX are Texmaker (Free, Open Source), TeX Live (Free, Open Source), Kile (Free, Open Source) and MiKTeX (Free, Open Source).
- Texmaker is a free LaTeX editor, that integrates many tools needed to develop documents with LaTeX, in just one application.
- TeX Live is an easy way to get up and running with the TeX document production system.
- An integrated LaTeX editor and viewer environment with many comfort features for quickly creating beautiful documents.
- MiKTeX is a typesetting system for the Windows operating system. The distribution includes TeX, pdfTeX and XeTeX.
- TexMaths is an addon designed to provide LaTeX support into LibreOffice. LaTeX equations can be inserted as images (SVG or PNG formats) and the LaTeX code is saved into the image attribute for further editing.
- OmniaWrite is a next-generation cross-platform plain text editor engineered for creative writing. It is perfect for writing novels, lyrics, poems, essays, drafts and screenplays.
- The TeXworks project is an effort to build a simple TeX front-end program (working environment) that will be available for all today’s major desktop operating systems—in...
- GNU TeXmacs is a free scientific editing platform designed to create beautiful technical documents. It provides a unified and user friendly framework for editing structured documents with different types of content: text, math, graphics, slides, etc.
- KLatexFormula is an easy-to-use graphical application for generating images (that you can drag and drop, copy and paste or save to disk) from LaTeX equations. It is written in Qt4.