Open Source LightWave Alternatives
The most popular alternative is Blender, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 48 alternatives to LightWave so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting LightWave alternatives are Wings 3D (Free, Open Source), Bforartists (Free, Open Source), K-3D (Free, Open Source) and DeleD CE (Free, Open Source).
- Blender is the free and open-source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing, video editing, and motion tracking.
- Wings 3D is a subdivision modeler inspired by Nendo and Mirai from Izware.
- Bforartists is a fork of Blender. It comes with the same features, but with an improved UI and usability.
- K-3D is free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling and animation software.
- DeleD is a 3D modeler and level-editor combined into one. It focuses at game development and is specifically designed to create static objects/worlds.
- Dead Deer is a 3D modeler, 3D game maker, and a 3D demo maker designed to create games.
- Fragmentarium is an open source, cross-platform IDE for exploring pixel based graphics on the GPU.
- OpenFX is an open-source, free modeling and animation studio, distributed under the GNU General Public License.