Free LightWave Alternatives
The most popular alternative is Blender, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 48 alternatives to LightWave so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting LightWave alternatives are SketchUp (Freemium), Wings 3D (Free, Open Source), Bforartists (Free, Open Source) and Rocket 3F (Free Personal).
- Blender is the free and open-source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing, video editing, and motion tracking.
- SketchUp (formerly Google Sketchup) is a 3D modeling computer program for a wide range of drawing applications such as architectural, interior design, civil and mechanical...
- Wings 3D is a subdivision modeler inspired by Nendo and Mirai from Izware.
- Bforartists is a fork of Blender. It comes with the same features, but with an improved UI and usability.
- Rocket 3F is polygonal modeller created for Concept Artists and Designers.Modeling with Rocket 3F is like drawing - very Simple and Inspiring!
- K-3D is free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling and animation software.
- ZModeler (or Zanoza Modeler) is a 3D modeling application.
- Autodesk 123D is a suite of hobbyist CAD and modelling tools created by Autodesk.
- Walk through your architectural projects in virtual reality with the Oculus Rift. Download the Enscape Revit plugin and Revit sample projects for free.
- TouchDesigner is a complete authoring tool for building interactive 3D art, visualizations, prototypes and UIs.