HDAT2 Alternatives for Windows
Open-source HDD/SSD utility for monitoring S.M.A.R.T. values, disk temperature and other information.
Suggest and vote on features
- - CrystalDiskInfo is the most popular Windows alternative to HDAT2.
- - CrystalDiskInfo is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to HDAT2.
- PortableCrystalDiskInfo can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Ad-freeCrystalDiskInfo doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- LightweightCrystalDiskInfo consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Works OfflineCrystalDiskInfo can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Dark ModeCrystalDiskInfo supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in CrystalDiskInfo without registration.
Monitoring hard disk health and temperature. Test and repair HDD problems and predict failures. Prevent data loss by automatic and scheduled backup.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Hard Disk Sentinel is the most popular Linux alternative to HDAT2.
- - Hard Disk Sentinel is the most popular commercial alternative to HDAT2.
Hard Disk Sentinel Features
Victoria is a small application designed to assess performance, test and perform minor repairs to your IDE drive and SATA HDD. It's designed primarily for HDD repairmen in stationary conditions and is not intended to test the system hard drive.Suggest and vote on features
HD Tune is a hard disk / SSD utility with many functions. It can be used to measure the drive's performance, scan for errors, check the health status (S.M.A.R.T.), securely erase all data and more!.Suggest and vote on features
HD Tune FeaturesDiscontinued
The last update is from August 2019.
The HDD Regenerator can repair damaged hard disks without affecting or changing existing data. As a result, previously unreadable and inaccessible information is restored.Suggest and vote on features
HDD Regenerator Features
- PortableHDD Regenerator can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
The program is no longer updated since 2011, but it supports Windows 10 and can be still bought from the official website.
Comments about HDD Regenerator as a Alternative to HDAT2Most users think HDD Regenerator is a great HDAT2 alternative.Guest
It is the only one that really regenerates the bad sectors of the HDD ...1Guest
HDAT2 may repair the bad sectors but the drive may still be unusable. HDD Regenerator has a feature that shows slow (to read/write) sectors so you can retry or avoid the bad areas. Victoria has this feature too but I have never used Victoria to repair disks.0
MHDD is the most popular freeware program for low-level HDD diagnostics.
MHDD supports these interfaces: IDE, Serial ATA, SCSI. Also there is a possibility to access an USB storage, there are drivers for emulation (USB->SCSI).
This software can make precise diagnostic of the.Suggest and vote on features
Last version 4.6 was released in 2005. See http://hddguru.com/software/2005.10.02-MHDD/mhdd_changelog.en.html
SpinRite is a computer software program for scanning magnetic data storage devices such as hard disks, recovering data from them and refreshing their surfaces.Suggest and vote on features
HDDScan is a freeware utility for storage devices diagnostics (HDD, RAID, Flash). The program can scan storage device for bad blocks, show S.M.A.R.T. attributes and change some HDD parameters such as AAM, APM, etc.Suggest and vote on features
Macrorit Disk Scanner is a third party disk surface portable tool for scan disk bad sectors which provides you with better options and better performance than Windows native disk scanner.Suggest and vote on features
Macrorit Disk Scanner Features
SeaTools is a diagnostic tool that helps you determine the condition of the disk drive in your external hard drive, desktop or laptop computer.Suggest and vote on features
DRevitalize is a program that repairs bad sectors (physical defects) on popular magnetic media (hard drives and also floppy drives to some extent) by generating a special sequence of high and low signals around the physically damaged area.DRevitalize has no features, suggest some!