Google Home Alternatives for Windows
Open-source and privacy-first home automation with an emphasis on local control and backed by a worldwide community. Runs on Raspberry Pi or local server.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Home Assistant is the most popular Windows, Android, Mac & iPhone alternative to Google Home.
- - Home Assistant is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Google Home.
Home Assistant Features
- Ad-freeHome Assistant doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Privacy focusedHome Assistant is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- IFTTT IntegrationYou can connect different services to automatically trigger actions within Home Assistant using IFTTT.
- Dark ModeHome Assistant supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- No TrackingHome Assistant will not track you or use your personal data.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsHome Assistant can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
Comments about Home Assistant as a Alternative to Google Homepros, cons and recent comments
Open Source, independent, and compatible with almost everything.0
openHAB is a Java-based open-source home automation platform that integrates and combines a vast range of different smart home systems and technologies into one single solution.
Suggest and vote on features
- - openHAB is the most popular Web-based alternative to Google Home.
- Privacy focusedopenHAB is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Ad-freeopenHAB doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsopenHAB can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- IFTTT IntegrationYou can connect different services to automatically trigger actions within openHAB using IFTTT.
- Chromecast SupportCast your content to a Chromecast connected device with openHAB.
Opinions about openHAB as a Alternative to Google HomeAlmost everyone thinks openHAB is a great Google Home alternative.
Homebridge is a lightweight NodeJS server you can run on your network that emulates the iOS HomeKit API. It supports Plugins,community-contributed modules, that provide a basic bridge from HomeKit to various 3rd-party APIs of "smart home" devices.Suggest and vote on features
ioBroker is an integration platform for the Internet of Things, focused on Smart home, Building Automation, Smart Metering, Ambient Assisted Living, Process Automation, Visualization and Data Logging. It aims to be a possible replacement or extension for software like f.e.Suggest and vote on features
MediaPortal transforms your PC into a complete media solution. It runs on basic hardware, connects directly to your TV and displays your TV Series, Movies, Photos and Music in a much more dynamic way.Suggest and vote on features
Domoticz is a home automation system that lets you monitor and configure various devices like lights, switches, various sensors/meters like temperature, rain, wind, UV, electricity, gas, water and much more. Notifications/alerts can be sent to any mobile device.
Home Remote is a comprehensive app for controlling a wide range of home automation and AV devices, offering customizable layouts and dashboard creation for an integrated smart home experience.Suggest and vote on features
Home Remote Features
TVMOBiLi is an UPnP/DLNA media server for Mac, Windows and Linux.
It streams your Videos, Music, and Photos from your computer to any Smart TV or internet enabled device in your home.
Control4 manufactures a complete line of affordable wired and wireless smart home systems and home automation software products to enable lighting control, temperature control, whole home audio distribution, security and energy management for homes.
Homify is an open-source smart-home platform running on PHP using the Laravel framework. The entire application is built using a modular approach so support for other devices or actions can be implemented easily.Suggest and vote on features
Change colors, whites and brightness from the palm of your hand. The LIFX app is packed full of features like:Suggest and vote on features
MisterHouse is an open source home automation program. It's fun, it's free, and it's entirely geeky. Written in Perl, it fires events based on time, web, socket, voice, and serial data. It currently runs on Windows 95/98/NT/2k/XP and on most Unix based platforms...MisterHouse has no features, suggest some!