Free Gnome MPlayer Alternatives
The most popular alternative is VLC Media Player, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to Gnome MPlayer so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Gnome MPlayer alternatives are MPC-HC (Free, Open Source), MPV (Free, Open Source), PotPlayer (Free) and Clementine (Free, Open Source).
- VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework. Owned by the non-profit organization VideoLAN.
- MPC-HC is an extremely light-weight, open source media player for Windows. It supports all common video and audio file formats available for playback.
- MPV is an audio and movie player based on MPlayer and mplayer2.
- Minimalist video player that supports 3D video, Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode, and sound card selection.
- Clementine is a cross-platform free and open source music player and library organizer based on Amarok 1.4.
- Free and full-featured media player with seamless, high-quality audio playback and comprehensive format support.
- SMPlayer intends to be a complete front-end for MPlayer, from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, and VCDs to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters and...
- Strawberry is a music player and music collection organizer. It's written in C++ using the Qt framework.
- MPC-BE is a free and open source audio and video player for Windows.
- Media Player Classic was designed to look just like...