Open Source GhostReader Alternatives
The most popular alternative is eSpeak, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 45 alternatives to GhostReader so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting GhostReader alternatives are Read Aloud - Browser Extension (Free, Open Source), Central Access Reader (Free, Open Source), Chrome Speak (Free, Open Source) and Fala (Free, Open Source).
- eSpeak is a compact open source software speech synthesizer for English and other languages, for Linux and Windows.
- An extension for Chrome browser. Let's you select text from screen and read it. Capable of reading in different languages. Speed, pitch and other settings available.
- Central Access Reader (CAR) is a free TTS application, which reads docx files and pasted text using the voices installed on your pc.
- Chrome Speak, select the text and right-click to speak with offline tts engine- Select text and select "Read the selected text" from context menu.
- Fala - A simple text reader is an open source application. A simple software that speaks a text. You can type the text or appoint a file. Fala is just a frontend to festival.