Free gevent Alternatives
The most popular alternative is Socket.io, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 7 alternatives to gevent so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting gevent alternatives are WebRTC (Free, Open Source), greenlet (Free, Open Source), eventlet (Free, Open Source) and WebSocket-Node (Free, Open Source).
- Socket.IO aims to make real-time apps possible in every browser and mobile device, blurring the differences between the different transport mechanisms.
- WebRTC is a project that provides applications with Real-Time Communications (RTC) capabilities via simple APIs.
The WebRTC components have been optimized to best serve this purpose.
- Lightweight in-process concurrent programming.
- Eventlet is a concurrent networking library for Python that allows you to change how you run your code, not how you write it.
- The Autobahn project provides open-source implementations of the The WebSocket Protocol and The Web Application Messaging Protocol (WAMP) network protocols.