Geany Alternatives for Mac
There are many alternatives to Geany for Mac if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Mac alternative is Visual Studio Code, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Geany and loads of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to Geany are Atom (Free, Open Source), Sublime Text (Paid), Vim (Free, Open Source) and Eclipse (Free, Open Source).
- VS Code is more than just a code editor, it provides the tools and extensions to compile, debug, compare, refactor, and even manage code repositories all within a...
- Extensible, cross-platform text editor with a rich ecosystem of plugins and themes.
- Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, html and prose - any kind of text file. You'll love the slick user interface and extraordinary features.
- Vim ("Vi IMproved") is an advanced text editor that allows syntax highlighting, word completion and has a huge amount of contributed content. It also has a GUI version called GVim.
- Eclipse is an extensible development platform with runtimes and application frameworks for building, deploying and managing software across the entire software lifecycle.
- Official text editor of the GNOME desktop environment. Has syntax highlighting and is suitable for programming, with support for several languages. It is extensible with plugins.
- GNU nano is a small and friendly text editor.
- Cross-platform Python and Django IDE with on-the-fly code analysis and code quality tools, graphical debugger, VCS integration and more.
- Binary releases of Visual Studio Code without Microsoft branding, telemetry and licensing.