Open Source Fluxbox Alternatives
The most popular alternative is i3, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 25 alternatives to Fluxbox so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Fluxbox alternatives are Openbox (Free, Open Source), awesome (Free, Open Source), Xmonad (Free, Open Source) and Amethyst (Free, Open Source).
- A dynamic tiling window manager designed for X11, inspired by wmii, and written in C.
- Openbox is a highly configurable, next generation window manager with extensive standards support.
- A dynamic window manager for the X Window System developed in the C and Lua programming languages. .
- xmonad is a dynamically tiling X11 window manager that is written and configured in Haskell. In a normal WM, you spend half your time aligning and searching for windows.
- Amethyst is a tiling window manager for Mac similar to the xmonad tiling window manager popular on Linux.
- Sway is a tiling Wayland compositor and a drop-in replacement for the i3 window manager for X11.
- dwm is a dynamic window manager for X. It manages windows in tiled, monocle and floating layouts.
- Bluetile is a tiling window manager for Linux, designed to integrate with the GNOME desktop environment.
- Qtile is a full-featured, hackable tiling window manager written in Python.
- herbstluftwm is a manual tiling window manager for X11 using Xlib and Glib.