Open Source DocFetcher Alternatives
The most popular alternative is Recoll, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to DocFetcher so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting DocFetcher alternatives are FSearch (Free, Open Source), grep (Free, Open Source), fzf (Free, Open Source) and Gnome Do (Free, Open Source).
- This package is a personal full text search package which is based on a very strong backend (Xapian), for which it provides an easy to use and feature-rich interface.
- FSearch is a fast file search utility for GNU/Linux operating systems, inspired by Everything Search Engine. It's written in C and based on GTK+3.
- grep is a command-line utility for searching plain-text data sets for lines matching a regular expression.
- fzf is a general-purpose command-line fuzzy finder.* No dependencies* Blazingly fast* The most comprehensive feature set* Flexible layout using tmux panes
- GNOME Do allows you to quickly search for many items present on your desktop or the web, and perform useful actions on those items.
- grepWin is a simple search and replace tool which can use PCRE regular expressions to search for strings of text within files.
- dnGrep allows you to search across files with easy-to-read results.
- GTK+ desktop search frontend.
- Locate32 is software which can be used to find files from your harddrives and other locations. It works like updatedb and locate commands in Unix based systems.
- AstroGrep is A Microsoft Windows GUI File Searching (grep) utility.