The most popular alternative is Dexpot. It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try GridMove or KDE Mover-Sizer. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 32 alternatives to Desklayer so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Desklayer alternatives are DM2 (Free, Open Source), Nimi Visuals (Free), MoveInactiveWin (Free) and FreeSnap (Free).
- Dexpot turns your monitor into up to 20.
- GridMove - A window management tool that can quickly arrange your windows into desktop grids.
- KDE Mover-Sizer is a lightweight program enabling KDE-style alt-click moving and resizing for Windows XP, 7, 2000, 2003, Windows Server, and Vista.
- DM2 provides several Windows enhancements that may help in every-day work.
- Adds eye-candy effects to windows (and start menu) like deformations (e.
- Sometimes a lot of deskop clutter can hide a window (eg, open file, programs, files-explorer, dialogs)Move a window without activating it.
- Ever try to size a window so it just touches the edge of the screen? It’s tedious (at least for me).
- Dims all windows except the active one.
- Place a transparent image across the screen.
- Highly configurable.
- reSizer is a system utility that enables keyboard shortcuts to focus, move, resize and change other window properties in a fast and intuitive way without even touching the mouse.
- TaskLayout is a small portable layout manager which allow saving/restoring of desktop layout (a set of specified apps/windows with corresponding position on screen) in a single click/hotkey.