DealMe.Cards (http://www.dealme.cards ) is a free web app that enables people to play a physical board game they own with their friends over video chat.
In short, it works like this:
• The host picks and sets up a board game from their collection
• The host can deal out cards to players by using the camera on their phone
• If the cards are meant to be kept secret, the host is able to flip their phone and the card over and snap a picture of it without ever seeing the face of the card
• Players can view a card, highlight it to be played by the host, or show it to all players
• The host can snap an updated view of the game board between each turn... More Info »
The app itself does not dictate any of the game flow, it simply enables the host and players to participate in a variety of board games by dealing out cards and giving players a few actions that mimic their real life counterparts.
It’s designed primarily for mobile devices.
Some ways it differs from other options
• The app is entirely free
• No advance setup needed (or tools/programming experience)
• It’s designed for mobile
• There is no extra cost depending on the board game you play