Dart RPG is an open-source, browser-based 2D RPG and game editor. It's basically a game maker you use in your browser to make 2D tile-based RPGs, which are saved into and loaded from JSON files.
There are three sections to the editor: The "Map Editor", the "Object Editor", and "Settings".
The "Map Editor" is where you manage your map screens and the objects on them. Some things you can do in the map editor:
- create, edit, and delete maps
- set the player start map and position
- edit the size of a map
- edit the tiles on a map
- move characters that have been designated for this map
- add special tiles like signs, warps, events, and encounter tiles
- set which random battlers can appear on this map's encounter tiles (if any)... More Info »
Here is an overview of the objects you can manage in the "Object Editor":
- attacks (name, category (physical or magical), power)
- battler types (stats, attacks learned at different levels, rarity right now just modifies how much exp you get from them)
- characters (inventory, battler type and level, game event that triggers when you either talk to them, or if they see you and their sight distance is > 0)
- items (set their base price, give them a description, and set what game event gets triggered when you use them)
- player (name, sprite, battler type, level, starting money, inventory)
- game events (create and name a list of game events that can be attached to things like characters, event tiles, and items)
In the settings tab, you can edit the sprite sheet url to load from, and scaling.