cURL Alternatives for Mac
There are many alternatives to cURL for Mac if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Mac alternative is Wget, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 18 alternatives to cURL and 11 are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to cURL are aria2 (Free, Open Source), HTTPie (Free, Open Source), Transmit (Paid) and lftp (Free, Open Source).
- GNU Wget is a free software package for retrieving files using HTTP(S) and FTP, the most widely-used Internet protocols.
- aria2 is a multi-protocol & multi-source, cross platform download utility. The supported protocols are HTTP(S), FTP, BitTorrent (DHT, PEX, MSE/PE), and Metalink.
- Modern command line HTTP client – user-friendly curl alternative with intuitive UI, JSON support, syntax highlighting, wget-like downloads, extensions, etc. .
- Transmit is a fast and wonderful file transfer app. It supports every major cloud storage provider, and it looks awfully nice.
- lftp is a command-line file transfer program which besides FTP, also supports FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, HFTP, FISH, and SFTP. A BitTorrent client is also built-in as torrent command.
- Download files using curl or wget.
- RESTClient can be used to test variety of HTTP communications and RESTful webservices. Friendly GUI, rich functionalities.
- An SSH browser with an rsync transfer engine. It lets you point-and-click to rsync.
- Blue Crab is a versatile app that you use to download the contents of a website to your Mac, in whole or in part, and then search it.
- kurly is a tool to transfer data from a HTTP(S) server, similar to curl.