Open Source Cubase Alternatives for Mac
There are many alternatives to Cubase for Mac if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Mac alternative is LMMS, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to Cubase and many of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to Cubase are FL Studio (Paid), Ardour (Freemium, Open Source), Reaper (Paid) and Ableton Live (Paid).
- Ardour is a hard disk recorder and digital audio workstation application. Record, edit, and mix on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
- Radium is a music editor with a new type of interface.- Compared to the normal sequencer interface editing is quicker and more musical data fits on the screen.
- Zrythm is a digital audio workstation designed to be featureful and easy to use.
- Traverso DAW is an audio recording and editing program which is very well suited to record a single voice, a band, an ensemble, a whole orchestra or any other source of music!
- LinuxSampler - free, open source pure software audio sampler with professional grade features.
- A free, easy to use tool for creating music.
- Frinika is a free (licensed under GNU GPL) complete music workstation software containing sequencer, midi support, soft synthesizers, audio recorder, piano roll/tracker/notation...
- FamiStudio is very simple music editor for the Nintendo Entertainment System or Famicom. It is designed to be easier to use than FamiTracker, but its feature set is also much more limited. It is targeted at both chiptune artists and NES homebrewers.
- LNX_Studio is a Digital Audio Work Station created in the SuperCollider language. It has a powerful set of tools for creating music, all of which can be networked. Co-location gigs or real-time collaborations don't have to be in the same room.