Ctrlwm is a customisable tool for automatic windows positioning and sizing (e.g. tiling, resizing like Windows Aero Snap, and much more). It can be driven through either command line or screen corner/border actions (see daemon mode).
Tested with Metacity, Openbox, KDE, XFCE.
- Tile windows (different layouts)
- Resize and reposition window to take left/right/top/bottom half of the screen depending on the mouse position (similar to Aero Snap)
- Resize and reposition window to take specific sector defined by the grid depending on the mouse position, or move it to another workspace
- Go to empty workspace (Create one if there's none)
- Switch to next window (like Alt-Tab, but without bugs/features)... More Info »
Installation and setup:
- Download archive
- If you want to recompile, make sure you have installed xorg-dev, libglib2.0-dev for Ubuntu or corresponding for your system. Compile with ./configure make make install.
- As an Arch Linux user please visit https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ctrlwm/