CotEditor Alternatives for Windows
CotEditor is not available for Windows but there are plenty of alternatives that runs on Windows with similar functionality. The most popular Windows alternative is Notepad++, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to CotEditor and loads of them are available for Windows so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Windows alternatives to CotEditor are Visual Studio Code (Free), Atom (Free, Open Source), Sublime Text (Paid) and Vim (Free, Open Source).
- Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages.
- VS Code is more than just a code editor, it provides the tools and extensions to compile, debug, compare, refactor, and even manage code repositories all within a...
- Extensible, cross-platform text editor with a rich ecosystem of plugins and themes.
- Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, html and prose - any kind of text file. You'll love the slick user interface and extraordinary features.
- Vim ("Vi IMproved") is an advanced text editor that allows syntax highlighting, word completion and has a huge amount of contributed content. It also has a GUI version called GVim.
- Eclipse is an extensible development platform with runtimes and application frameworks for building, deploying and managing software across the entire software lifecycle.
- Geany is a small and lightweight Integrated Development Environment. It was developed to provide a small and fast IDE, which has only a few dependencies from other packages.
- Official text editor of the GNOME desktop environment. Has syntax highlighting and is suitable for programming, with support for several languages. It is extensible with plugins.
- Binary releases of Visual Studio Code without Microsoft branding, telemetry and licensing.
- GNU nano is a small and friendly text editor.