ConEmu Alternatives for Windows
There are many alternatives to ConEmu for Windows if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Windows alternative is cmder, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to ConEmu and many of them are available for Windows so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Windows alternatives to ConEmu are PowerShell (Free, Open Source), MobaXterm (Freemium), Hyper (Free, Open Source) and KiTTY (Free, Open Source).
- PowerShell (including Windows PowerShell and PowerShell Core) is a task automation and configuration management framework from Microsoft, consisting of a command-line shell and associated scripting language built on the .NET Framework.
- An advanced terminal that gives Windows users a powerful, Unix-like command-line experience.
- Hyper™ is a beautiful and extensible, cross-platform terminal built on open web standards.
- Windows Terminal is a new, modern, feature-rich, productive terminal application for command-line users.
- MSYS2 is an independent rewrite of MSYS, based on modern Cygwin (POSIX compatibility layer) and MinGW-w64 with the aim of better interoperability with native Windows software.
- Cross-platform, Electron-based terminal that works with Bash, Powershell, Cygwin and more.
- Mintty is a terminal emulator for Cygwin that is based on code from PuTTY 0.60 by Simon Tatham and team.
- Command Prompt, also known as cmd.exe or cmd (after its executable file name), is the command-line interpreter on Windows NT, Windows CE, OS/2 and eComStation operating systems.