Open Source CLion AlternativesTop IDEs and other similar apps like CLion
Eclipse is an extensible development platform with runtimes and application frameworks for building, deploying and managing software across the entire software lifecycle. Many people know Eclipse as a Java IDE, but it is much more than that- Eclipse actually consists of over 60...
Suggest and vote on features
- - Eclipse is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to CLion.
- - Eclipse is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to CLion.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsEclipse can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- AutocompletionEclipse can predict and complete the rest of a word or phrase you're typing.
- Syntax HighlightingEclipse supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- PortableEclipse can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Eclipse without registration.
- Works OfflineEclipse can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Spell CheckingEclipse can detect and correct all types of grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Code FormattingEclipse supports code formatting for multiple languages and code styles.
- Batch EditingEclipse allows you to select multiple items (tasks, files, images etc) and edit their properties all at once.
Comments about Eclipse as a Alternative to CLionSome users think Eclipse is a great CLion alternative, some don't.
Eclipse flavored with CDT provides best free-of-charge experience regarding AST Indexing (and AST storage/caching), instant code completion, smart renaming and most advanced refactoring options unfamiliar in another Open-Source editor.2Guest
Eclipse is only similar in the fact that it is an IDE; it does not support C or C++, which is the entire point of CLion. Clearly the high number of upvotes is due to uninformed consumers or a distasteful publicity move by Eclipse.-19Guest
CLion is an IDE specifically for C/C++, languages which Eclipse does not support.-12Guest
Apps are not same because Clion is only for C/C++ and Eclispse is neither for C nor for C++-70
Apache NetBeans Features
- Code FormattingApache NetBeans supports code formatting for multiple languages and code styles.
- Git SupportApache NetBeans supports Git, a free and open source distributed version control system.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsApache NetBeans can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Syntax HighlightingApache NetBeans supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
Comments about Apache NetBeans as a Alternative to CLionMost users think Apache NetBeans is a great CLion alternative.Guest
Different coding languages.0
Code::Blocks is a free C++ IDE built to meet the most demanding needs of its users. It is designed to be very extensible and fully configurable.Suggest and vote on features
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Code::Blocks without registration.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsCode::Blocks can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- PortableCode::Blocks can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Support for scriptingCode::Blocks supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
Comments about Code::Blocks as a Alternative to CLionMost users think Code::Blocks is a great CLion alternative.Guest
Wildly different capabilities in code completion and code jumping-1Guest
EASY FOR BEGINNERS ! NO EXTRA DOWNLOADS-3
Qt Creator is a cross-platform integrated development environment (IDE) built for the maximum developer experience. Qt Creator runs on Windows, Linux, and macOS desktop operating systems and allows developers to create software across desktop, mobile, and embedded platforms.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Qt Creator is the most popular commercial alternative to CLion.
Qt Creator Features
- AutocompletionQt Creator can predict and complete the rest of a word or phrase you're typing.
- Ad-freeQt Creator doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Syntax HighlightingQt Creator supports syntax highlighting for various programming and markup languages.
- Works OfflineQt Creator can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Code FormattingQt Creator supports code formatting for multiple languages and code styles.
Comments about Qt Creator as a Alternative to CLionAlmost everyone thinks Qt Creator is a great CLion alternative.
One of the best and serious IDE's!1
Comments about KDevelop as a Alternative to CLionMost users think KDevelop is a great CLion alternative.Guest
Opensource, free, supports C/C++ very well, supports cmake, git, gdb and llvm, lightweight and lowsized2
Embarcadero Dev-C++ is a new and improved fork (sponsored by Embarcadero) of Bloodshed Dev-C++ and Orwell Dev-C++. It is a full-featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and code editor for the C/C++ programming language.Suggest and vote on features
Embarcadero Dev-C++ Features
An extensible, cross platform IDE written in C# for Embedded C/C++, .NET Core, Avalonia and Typescript.
Embitz is a free C/C++ IDE built to meet the most demanding needs of its users working in the field of embedded software development Finally, an IDE with all the features you need and operation across different targets (ARM, MSP430, PIC, ...).Suggest and vote on features
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsEmbitz can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
OpenBeans is an open-source IDE distribution. It is not a fork of Apache NetBeans, but a distribution, in the same way Ubuntu is a distribution based on Debian. It packages the best there is in the Apache NetBeans* ecosystem, polishes it, fixes minor annoyances and serves them...OpenBeans has no features, suggest some!