Pidgin is a chat program which lets you log into accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on XMPP and sitting in an IRC channel at the same time.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Pidgin is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to climm.
- - Pidgin is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to climm.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsPidgin can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Multiple Account supportPidgin support multiple accounts without the need to logout and login
- PortablePidgin can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- No TrackingPidgin will not track you or use your personal data.
- Ad-freePidgin doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- VoiP CallsPidgin allows you to make voice calls over Internet using the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, video chat, and file transfers over many different protocols. You can tell it about your accounts on all those services and do all your chatting within one application.Suggest and vote on features
Empathy is currently unmaintained. Last version, 3.25, released in August 2017, can be still downloaded from the official website.
The goal of Gajim is to provide a full featured and easy to use XMPP client. Gajim works nicely with GNOME, but does not require it to run. It is released under the GNU General Public License.Suggest and vote on features
- DecentralizedGajim is based on a decentralized infrastructure with no single entity controlling it.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsGajim can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Ad-freeGajim doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Privacy focusedGajim is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- End-to-End EncryptionGajim has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
- PGP EncryptionGajim supports PGP, an encryption system used for sending encrypted emails and files.
Chat everywhere! IM+ is the most widely used mobile IM app! Connect all-in-one to MSN, Yahoo!, Google Talk, AIM, Jabber, ICQ, Facebook, MySpace and Twitter on ALL popular mobile platforms.
The widest selection of unique features that you won't find in any other IM client!.
Suggest and vote on features
- - IM+ is the most popular Web-based, Android, iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to climm.
MCabber is a small XMPP (Jabber) console client. It includes features such as SASL/SSL/TLS support, MUC (Multi-User Chat) support, history logging, command completion, OpenPGP encryption, OTR (Off-the-Record Messaging) support, dynamic modules and external action triggers.Suggest and vote on features
Coccinella is a free and open-source cross-platform instant messaging client with a built-in whiteboard for improved collaboration with other people.Discontinued
The last version 0.96.20 is from late 2010, but the software can still be downloaded from their website.
Messenger for Desktop is a wrapper for the official client messenger.com. Therefore it works like a regular browser which can only navigate to the messenger.com web app. MFD doesn't touch your messages, account or personal data. All that is handled securely by Facebook.Suggest and vote on features
Messenger for Desktop Features
Be careful during the installation: https://alternativeto.net/discussions/applications/11718/be-careful-in-the-installation/
Tkabber is a Free and Open Source client for the Jabber instant messaging system. Its writen in Tcl/Tk, and works on many platforms (tested on Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, MacOS X and Windows 98/2000/XP).Tkabber has no features, suggest some!
Ayttm is an instant messaging (aka chat) client that provides all-in-one chat functionality for several major instant messaging services from one simple program. Ayttm "Contacts" allow you to refer to several accounts of the same person from a single contact name...Discontinued
Last update is 0.6.3 from July 10th, 2010.
BeagleIM is a lightweight and powerful XMPP client developed by Tigase, Inc. It provides an easy way to start using the XMPP Protocol (formerly known as Jabber) if you've never used it before. Veterans of the protocol will find many features here they are familiar.Suggest and vote on features
Beagle IM Features
naim is a console client for AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), AOL I Seek You (ICQ), Internet Relay Chat (IRC), and The lily CMC.Suggest and vote on features