This add-on can be used to convert "obfuscated" and/or nested links to genuine/normal plain clean links,
• http://www.foobar.com/goto=https://www.yoursite.com ? https://www.yoursite.com/
• http://example.com/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5nb29nbGUuY29t ? http://www.google.com
• http://www3.dumbsite.com/external/hit/to/www.foobar.com ? http://www.foobar.com/
It also allows to remove affiliate/tracking tags from URLs by the use of configurable patterns, being the most common used ones defined by default (ie, UTM, AFF, REF, etc.)
The Add-On has two working modes:
1. DOM Traversing: When a website is loaded its DOM is scanned and any suitable link is cleaned. On this mode when some links are cleared the toolbar button will change and you'll be able to mouse-over it to open its popup where you can see the number of fixed links on the current website.
2. Delegation: This is a less intrusive mode by just listening to click events. Note that unlike for DOM traversing real-time highlighting and counters will not work then, even though the performance should be much better.
DOM Traversing was the default mode prior to version 2.4, on later versions Event Delegation mode is set as default, and under Firefox for Android and Thunderbird it shouldn't be changed.
You can disable the add-on at anytime by clicking the toolbar icon, which will become black/greyed when it's turned off.