Channels is a simple way to create posts about any topic (something for sale, event, trip, something funny, rant, etc) which is then automatically geo-tagged with your location or any location you choose on the map. Once its created, users can scroll around the map and/or perform tag & category based search to find channels they're interested in like yours, subscribe to that channel, and immediately group chat with you and all other subscribed users. Channels are therefore just location based posts with an embedded anonymous group chat.... More Info »
How is it different:
- Most social apps require email, usernames, passwords and sometimes other information. This app is meant to be as anonymous as possible, so all we ask is for you to set a username, if and only if, you wish to chat with others or subscribe.
- Channels was created to be simple and anonymous so we have no menus or ads or hidden ways to make money; just 3 screens that you can swipe between.
- Rather than stick with the norm of comment based communication like other social platforms, we are chat based so each channel is actually a conversation. Just as if this was a messaging app, you can go between channels to chat with different people from all over the world anonymously about anything.
- Channels is community driven. We made this app for the community so all posts are by real people, not bots or sponsored data. Upon request we can change this to add more features, but for now we want to make sure everything is community created.
- To plan a trip and chat with only the people who are going
- To talk to other users anonymously that are at a venue you want to go to
- Alert the community to an emergency at a particular location
- Advertise an event or something for sale
- To find a partner or group of people interested in something
- To explore a new area you've never been with the ability to talk to real people real time.
- Reminisce with friends or the world anonymously