XPro, formerly TweetDeck, aims to evolve the existing functionality of Twitter by taking an abundance of information i.e twitter feeds, and breaking it down into more manageable bite sized pieces. From a poster's point of view, it supports shortening URLs by a couple of...
- - X Pro is the most popular Web-based alternative to Bridgeport.
- - X Pro is the most popular commercial alternative to Bridgeport.
X Pro Features
Gwibber is an open source microblogging client for GNOME developed with Python and GTK.
- - Gwibber is the most popular Linux alternative to Bridgeport.
- - Gwibber is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Bridgeport.
The project seems to be no longer developed. Last verson, 3.6.0, released in October 2012, can be still downloaded from Launchpad.'s not in Ubuntu 14.04
AndStatus is an Open Source low traffic social networking client with tree-like threaded conversations. It supports different Social networks, including GNU social (StatusNet, e.g. Quitter.se, LoadAverage, etc.), Twitter and Pump.io.
- - AndStatus is the most popular Android alternative to Bridgeport.
Choqok - KDE Micro-Blogging Client The name comes from an ancient Persian word, means Sparrow! Currently supports Twitter.com and Identi.ca services. It currently features:
- Supporting Twitter.com micro-blogging service.
- Supporting Identi.ca micro-blogging service. (U.
Socialite is a revolutionary social application that keeps all your social networks in one convenient place!
- - Socialite is the most popular Mac alternative to Bridgeport.
Socialite has been discontinued on September 10th, 2013. Latest version is still available for download from the official website.
Create a local feed to consume tweets of your favourite people on internet without any noise. No authentication required. All the data is stored locally on your machine.
- - Hush Tweets is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to Bridgeport.
Terminal-based Twitter Client with Streaming API support. Only supports Ruby 1.9 and later.
- - Earthquake is the most popular Windows alternative to Bridgeport.
The program seems to be no longer updated. Last version, 1.0.2, released in May 2014, can be still downloaded from GitHub
Twidge is a tool for interacting with microblogging sites such as Twitter and identi.ca.
The project seems to be no longer developed. Last version, 1.1.1, released in June 2014, can be still downloaded from GitHub.
Janetter is a Twitter client application. Faster, smarter, and more powerful. The best Twitter client on the net!
Janetter's Features: -A variety of designs -Realtime update -High Speed Performance -Support for Multiple Accounts -Multiple time-line viewer -Easy to follow con.
- - Janetter is the most popular iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to Bridgeport.
Direct from http://janetter.net/desktop.html: "Because of Twitter's token policy, you can't register accounts on this app anymore. Sorry." If you install now, you can't load your accounts into the app.
qTwitter is an application interacting with microblogging services, such as Twitter, Identi.ca and others based on StatusNet application (former laconica). It aims to be as compact as possible still providing outstanding usability.
The official website and the program are no longer available. The source code is still available on GitHub. Last version, 0.10.0, was released on November 2nd, 2009.