AVS Video Converter Alternatives for Linux
HandBrake is an open-source, multithreaded video transcoder – it compresses and converts digital media from one format to another. HandBrake can rip encrypted DVDs with libdvdcss (libdvdcss is installed with VLC media player on macOS, or AnyDVD/DVD 43 on Windows).
Suggest and vote on features
- - HandBrake is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to AVS Video Converter.
- - HandBrake is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to AVS Video Converter.
- Ad-freeHandBrake doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in HandBrake without registration.
- Dark ModeHandBrake supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Support for scriptingHandBrake supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- Command line interfaceHandBrake either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Support for 4KHandBrake supports watching, rendering or exporting 4K content (also know as UHD or Ultra HD).
- Works OfflineHandBrake can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- LightweightHandBrake consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
Free and simple video editor that supports a variety of file types and automated tasks. SIMPLE video editor, dedicated for ONE video at a time. NOT for multi video editing/montage.Suggest and vote on features
- Support for 4KAvidemux supports watching, rendering or exporting 4K content (also know as UHD or Ultra HD).
- LightweightAvidemux consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Ad-freeAvidemux doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Chroma Key / Green ScreenAvidemux supports chroma key to replace the background with an image or video backdrop.
- PortableAvidemux can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Keyframe AnimationCompositions can be keyframed in Avidemux, allowing you to change the parameters over time.
WinFF is a GUI frontend and batch parser for the command-line multimedia tool FFmpeg. WinFF works by making a batch file that runs in the command-line, designed to launch the command-line tool with given settings from a preset.Suggest and vote on features
The last version (1.5.5) is from June 2017, and it says on the website that it's no longer developed.
The Mobile Media Converter is a free video and audio converter for converting between popular desktop media formats like MP3, Windows Media Audio (wma), Ogg Vorbis Audio (ogg), Wave Audio (wav), MPEG video, AVI, Windows Media Video (wmv), Flash Video (flv), QuickTime Video (mov)...Suggest and vote on features
Mobile Media Converter Features
Vivia is a video editing program for Linux and Windows that offers very user-friendly editing of DV video material. Vivia is Free Software with a GPL license.Suggest and vote on features
The project is no longer developed. Last version, 0.1.1, released in January 2007, can be still downloaded from SourceForge.
Transcoder is a video converter for Linux using GTK+ as GUI toolkit and ffmpeg as backend.Transcoder has no features, suggest some!Discontinued
No more development since 2011-08-14
OGMRip is an application and a set of libraries for ripping and encoding DVD into AVI, OGM, MP4, or Matroska files using a wide variety of codecs. It relies on mplayer, mencoder, ogmtools, mkvtoolnix, mp4box, oggenc, lame, and faac to perform its tasks.
Thoggen is a DVD ripper for Linux within the GNOME project. It is based on GStreamer and Gtk+. The current version can back up DVDs by encoding them using the Ogg Theora video codec.Thoggen has no features, suggest some!Discontinued
The project is no longer developed. Last version, 0.7.1, released in June 2008, can be still downloaded from the official website.
A tool to convert especially ogm and mkv files to avi, with subtitle and audio track selection, video resizing, bitrate selection and codec selection. It is centered around mencoder, with a commandline tool as well as a GUI for Windows.AllToAvi has no features, suggest some!
Hyper Video Converter is a frontend for ffmpeg, ffmpeg2theora and mencoder.Hyper Video Converter has no features, suggest some!Discontinued
Latest update from 2008: http://sourceforge.net/projects/hypervideoconve/files/