Free Pixlr Alternatives for Linux
Pixlr is not available for Linux but there are plenty of alternatives that runs on Linux with similar functionality. The most popular Linux alternative is GIMP, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Pixlr and 14 are available for Linux so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Linux alternatives to Pixlr are Glimpse Image Editor (Free, Open Source), Apache OpenOffice Draw (Free, Open Source), miniPaint (Free, Open Source) and Pixelitor (Free, Open Source).
- GIMP is a free program for such photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. Essentially it's the closest thing to Photoshop you can get for free.
- Glimpse is an open source image editor based on the GNU Image Manipulation Program. The goal is to experiment with new ideas and expand the use of free software.
- Online graphics editing tool use HTML5 technologies like Canvas, Offline support, Drag and Drop.
- Pixelitor is a cross-platform raster graphics editor written in Java. It supports image filters, drawing, layers, multiple undo, etc.
- You can use it to view your photographs and improve them. Showfoto is the standalone image editor of the digiKam project.
- GPS (aka Gimp Paint Studio) is a collection of brushes, patterns, color gradients, accompanying tool presets and dynamics.
- CinePaint is a deep paint application that edits EXR, DPX, 16-bit TIFF, JPEG, PNG and many other types of image files.
- gpaint (aka GNU Paint), a small-scale painting program for GNOME, the GNU Desktop Environment.
- GIMP Beautify is a set of GIMP plug-ins for quickly and easily beautify photo.