Signal is a messaging app with an unexpected focus on privacy, combined with all the features expected from a modern IM app. Signal has received a lot of praise from all around the world for its security and privacy-respecting technologies.
- - Signal is the most popular Windows, Android, Mac & iPhone alternative to Antidote.
- - Signal is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Antidote.
With the rise of widespread government monitoring programs, Tox is an easy to use application that allows you to connect with friends and loved ones without anyone else listening in.
- - Tox is the most popular Android Tablet alternative to Antidote.
qTox - The most feature-rich Tox client; P2P instant messaging, audio and video calls.Discontinued
From their GitHub repository: "Due to a lack of resources, qTox is no longer maintained."
Antox is an Android client for Tox. It aims to bring the full multimedia support Tox offers to your device, although it's still currently in heavy development.
µTox is the lightweight client with minimal dependencies; it not only looks pretty, it runs fast! µTox is available for Windows, OS X, and Linux (Android support is experimental), with full support for chat, file transfers, audio/video calling, and desktop sharing...
TorChat is a peer to peer instant messenger with a completely decentralized design, built on top of Tor's location hidden services, giving you extremely strong anonymity while being very easy to use without the need to install or configure anything.Discontinued
The project is no longer developed since 2014. Last version, 0.9.9.553, released in September 2012, can be still downloaded from GitHub.
The most secure and anonymous messenger, encrypted with Blockchain.
- - Adamant Messenger is the most popular Web-based alternative to Antidote.
Adamant Messenger Features
- - Cyanide is the most popular Self-Hosted alternative to Antidote.
The project seems no longer developed. Last version, released in January 2017, can be still downloaded from GitHub
KeeperChat - The leading secure messaging app.
• Private vault for messages, photos and videos • Private, encrypted media gallery (nothing is saved on device’s camera roll) • Biometric login and self-destruct protection for vault • Message retraction and self-destruct timer • Tw.
Toxic is a client with an ncurses interface, written entirely in C. It has support for all basic features, as well as 1-on-1 audio/video chats, and is capable of working on bare-bones systems that lack graphical interfaces.
Ricin aims to be a secure, lightweight, hackable and fully-customizable chat client using the awesome and open-source ToxCore library. We know that there are several Tox clients but this project was initially made because the other clients are...