Open Source 4pane Alternatives
The most popular alternative is Double Commander, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 24 alternatives to 4pane so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting 4pane alternatives are Midnight Commander (Free, Open Source), Dolphin File Manager (Free, Open Source), Thunar (Free, Open Source) and Far Manager (Free, Open Source).
- Total Commander-inspired file manager that features two side-by-side panels for navigation.
- Visual, text-mode file manager that works in consoles, over SSH and via remote shells.
- Usability focused KDE File Manager.
- Thunar is a new modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment. Thunar has been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use.
- Far Manager is a program for managing files and archives in Windows operating systems.
- Explorer++ is a free file manager for Windows.
- muCommander is a lightweight, cross-platform file manager with a dual-pane interface. It runs on any operating system with Java support (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, *BSD, Solaris...).
- Multi-panel tabbed file and desktop manager with built-in VFS, udev- or HAL-based device manager, customisable menu system, and bash integration.
- Krusader is an advanced twin panel (commander style) file manager for KDE Plasma and other desktops in the *nix world.
- JumpFm is a minimalistic dual panel file manager (currently released only for Windows, Mac, and Linux) that lets you navigate your file system very efficiently.