Favorite Chrome extensions
DownloadHelper is a tool for web content extraction. Its purpose is to capture video, audio, and image files from many sites.
Just surf the Web as you are used to, when DownloadHelper detects it can do something for you, the icon gets animated and a menu allows you to download files by simply clicking an item
For instance, if you go to a YouTube page, you'll be able to download the video directly on your file system. It also works with MySpace, Google videos, DailyMotion, Porkolt, iFilm, DreamHost and others. You can even setup the extension to automatically convert the downloaded movies to your preferred video format.
When you are on a page containing links to images or movies, you can download some or all of them at once. Moving the mouse over the items in the menu will highlights the links directly in the page to make sure they are the ones you want to pick up.
DownloadHelper also allows you to download files one by one, so that you keep bandwidth to surf for other stuff to download.
Because of Google WebStore restrictions, the Chrome version of the add-on does not download videos from YouTube. Use the Firefox version for this purpose.
"Private Network Master" is a browser extension to route all the browser traffic through an external server. Basically, the extension looks for a configurable proxy server of type HTTP, HTTPS, SOCKS4, or SOCKS5 from two free proxy providers and set the returned proxy server to your browser to pass all your traffic through this proxy server. Note that only your browser traffic passes through the remote server, not your entire network traffic. You can configure the extension to find specific proxy servers with predefined properties such as the server type or whether the servers are anonymous or not. After a proxy server is found, the extension uses dyndns.org to verify if you are connected to the internet or not. If there was a problem in your connection, the extension resets the network configuration back to whatever it was before applying the proxy server and tries to find a new server until a reliable server is detected. In contrast to the other similar services, this extension only looks for free proxy servers, so there is no sever cost.
Features: Reliable VPN solution with a lot of servers to select from Support server selection customization Verify connection issues and reset network if any found
Easily find more sites like those you like. Similar Sites helps you find related sites and alternatives based on community recommendations and computer analysis.
An efficient blocker add-on for various browsers. Fast, potent, and lean.
uBlock Origin is NOT an "ad blocker": it is a wide-spectrum blocker -- which happens to be able to function as a mere "ad blocker". The default behavior of uBlock Origin when newly installed is to block ads, trackers and malware sites -- through EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Peter Lowe’s ad/tracking/malware servers, Online Malicious URL Blocklist, and uBlock Origin's own filter lists.
MetaMask is a bridge that allows you to visit the distributed web of tomorrow in your browser today. It allows you to run Ethereum dApps right in your browser without running a full Ethereum node.
MetaMask includes a secure identity vault, providing a user interface to manage your identities on different sites and sign blockchain transactions.
We’re initially building MetaMask as a Chrome extension, but eventually plan to support Firefox and beyond. If you’re a developer, you can start developing with MetaMask today.
Our mission is to make Ethereum as easy to use for as many people as possible.
Remote access to your JDownloader with Web Interface, Android App, iPhone App, Windows Phone App and Browser Extensions. All your traffic is secure and encrypted. Helpful when using JDownloader in headless mode on a server or Network Attached Storage (NAS).
Apps are available at https://my.jdownloader.org/apps/
It is now compatible with Session Buddy so that suspended tabs can be restored just like loaded tabs. It will also retain suspended tabs after a restart like the BarTab extension for Firefox, meaning that you don't have to wait for all of your tabs to reload when you restart chrome.
Redesigned new tab page featuring your bookmarks, apps, most visited, recently closed in a custom layout. Features:
- Simple, clean design
- Highly customizable
- Fast loading and lightweight
This extension replaces the default new tab page. Drag and drop folders to create new columns or reorder them. The font, colors, spacing, and more can be customized from the options menu.
Stylus allows you to easily install themes and skins for many popular sites.
Redesign your favorite websites with Stylus, an actively developed and community driven userstyles manager. Easily install custom themes from popular online repositories, or create, edit, and manage your own personalized CSS stylesheets.
- Versatility of theme installation options. Stylus supports installs from popular online repositories. Additionally, styles can now also be installed from .user.css or .user.styl URLs (see Usercss format documentation in our github wiki).
- A backup feature for your entire database of installed styles which is compatible with other userstyles managers.
- An intuitive and configurable automatic update function for installed styles.
- A highly customizable UI, including theming, optional layouts, icon and badge color choices, along with many other tweaks.
- Two different optional code validators with user configurable rules.
- Ability to turn all styles off with 2 clicks
- Ability to turn N styles off with N+1 clicks
This eye-care extension enables night mode creating dark themes for websites on the fly. Dark Reader inverts bright colors making them high contrast and easy to read at night.
You can adjust brightness, contrast, sepia filter, dark mode, font settings and ignore-list.
Dark Reader has also support for custom CSS skins, so it allows you to add different styles to the websites.
Dark Reader doesn't show ads and doesn't send user's data anywhere.
Powered by KeePass Password Safe, Kee adds free, secure, and easy password-management features to your browser which save time and keep your private data more secure from keyloggers.
Distill is a web monitoring tool. It can monitor RSS feeds, a webpage or a part of webpage. Alerts in the form of pop-up, audio or emails can be received.
• Content selection from any webpage including iframes. • Supported actions:
- Push notifications on phone
Getting started with Distill: https://distill.io/help/start
You're busy. OneNote Web Clipper lets you quickly clip all or part of a web page to OneNote, and save it for later. Clip images, pdfs, videos, or a visual bookmark of a page. Best of all, you can access them from any computer, tablet, or phone - even when you're offline.
CLIP YOUR WAY
- NO CLUTTER! Articles, recipes, or products can be clipped without all the ads, navigation, and noise.
- Highlight text, adjust the fonts, or add a note before you clip.
- Clip the whole page or several selections on the page. It's up to you.
WHAT TO CLIP
- All or part of a web page
- PDF files - online or on your computer
- Any image on a web page
- Videos from YouTube or Vimeo
- Create a visual bookmark of the page
Advanced Feed Reader - Read news & blogs or any RSS/Atom/RDF source.
- Full standalone feed reader (RSS, Atom, RDF) as a Chrome and Firefox extension - no online services needed
- Extremely fast!
- Multiple viewing modes: full article view, headlines view, headlines + one article (Opera RSS reader style), newspaper view, magazine view
- Can convert partial feeds to feeds with full articles with a built-in Readability style conversion engine!
- Built-in Social Media plugin support - read content directly (without extra services or conversion) from Youtube, Youtube Search, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, VK, LinkedIn Groups, LinkedIn home feed, LinkedIn Jobs, LinkedIn hashtag feed, Yammer, Bitchute, Vimeo, SlideShare, Pinterest, Reddit, Telegram, Rumble, Dribbble, eBay
- Built-in Rule Engine lets you define rules for filtering, border highlighting, auto-bookmarking, tagging, hiding and regexp highlighting articles. Rules also support Chrome popup notifications and sound effects.
- Article tagging and searching by a tag
- IFTTT support!
- Favicon support
- Finds feeds from web pages and makes it very easy to subscribe to new feeds
- Organizes feeds into folders (+ read all items in folder at once)
- Drag & drop support for organizing feeds and folders in the tree navigator
- Flexible "mark as read" options (when article title is shown, when article bottom is shown, manually)
- 'Show only unread items' option helps you to read only what is new
- Read any feeds that your computer can access (also in your company intranet, not only public Internet)
- User interface themes: Light, Dark, Aqua, Sepia, Chill
- Article filtering based on article age
- Custom feed specific scan interval
- Custom feed specific number of items to store
- Keyboard shortcuts (similar to Google Reader)
- Works well with high frequency update feeds
- Can import feed subscriptions from an OPML file
- Can export feed subscriptions to an OPML file
- Easy to drop inactive or broken feeds
- Article headline view for quick skimming
- Basic authentication support to read password protected feeds
- Article sharing to various social media sites like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Reddit etc and via Gmail/Email client
- Buffer and Hootsuite support for scheduled social media sharing
- Supports offline reading
- Great for managing Youtube subscriptions!
- Supports Firefox bookmarks import (Live Bookmarks & normal feed bookmarks)
- Multilanguage support
- Discord & Slack support for Rule actions
Inimitable BookMarks Manager by TabIt.
Bookmarks Manager's functionality can shape all of your browser usage experience. Thus, 'TabIt - BookMarks' will make your Google Chrome even more convenient.
It takes the default manager's features and improves them with attention to users' preferences and feedback, as well, as extends them with original solutions.
You can have some folder to be the default(Home Folder) for you to open and save bookmarks to.
There are four options for bookmarks' thumbnails: Default, None, Captured & Branded. Benefits of the 'branded' thumbnails are best revealed, when used in a 'Home Folder'.
Three different layouts are available: Grid(of thumbnails), List & NarrowList(similar to the one in Chrome 62).
Sorting can be done in either: Old-to-New, New-to-Old or Alphabetic order + Put-Folders-First option.
Available keyboard keys and ShortCuts are intuitive.
ONE MORE THING: There is a browser-action dialog window, meant to replace traditional 'star' button with an extension-button to create bookmarks. You can understand its functionality from illustrations below, but it's better to give it a try!
NOTE: This extension has once migrated from another one, that had Bookmarks Manager as a Module, and today goes by the name TabIt - NewTab. Ever since, they have been developing separately. However, when both of them are installed, they will synchronise, in terms of bookmarks editing and thumbnails preparation.
***** WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT *****
- Search bar(engine)
- Own server-side thumbnails preparation service
- Drag&Drop to the TabIt - NewTab
- Drag&Drop to the BookmarksTree in a SideBar
- ContextMenu for the SideBar
- Fixation for custom width of the SideBar
- Availability of offline versions of bookmarked pages and files
- Better smoothness by animation
- Dark theme
- Other prettification :)
- Your suggestions?