Nuzzel is the super-easy way to see news from your friends.
Discover the top news stories shared by your friends on Facebook and Twitter, without being overwhelmed or missing anything.
No setup or configuration is required, just login with Twitter or Facebook and see interesting news stories in seconds. You can also use Nuzzel to share interesting stories with your friends via Twitter, Facebook, email, or SMS.
Nuzzel can even send you customized news alerts when breaking news is shared by many of your friends.
Easily Publish Gorgeous Magazines. Leverage Curation to increase your visibility. Give persistence to your social media presence.
Are you a news junkie wasting time scrolling through too many so-so news articles & videos every day?
Lumi uses powerful data science to curate a personalized news magazine full the latest news stories and videos just for you.
Lumi sources from all major news publishers as well as indie blogs, and covers a smart selection of every topic from trending and breaking news to business and politics, sport, design, tech, and music.
EASY – Just connect your Twitter or Facebook and get reading in seconds!
LOCAL & GLOBAL - Whether you are interested in local headlines or coverage of global news events Lumi has it all in one place.
PERSONALIZED – Lumi stays up to date with your interests as it learns every time you read, like or skip a news article.
SHARE – Find out the articles your friends are reading, and share your favourite stories & videos with your network.
VIDEOS - Watch your daily dose of viral video sensations or a newscast from your trusted news source.
OFFLINE - The Lumi reader makes the most recent articles available for you to enjoy offline .
Google News organizes what’s happening in the world to help you learn more about the stories that matter to you.
With Google News, you’ll see:
Your briefing - It can be nearly impossible to keep up with every story you care about. With your briefing, easily stay in the know about what’s important and relevant to you. Your briefing updates throughout the day bringing you the top five stories you need to know, including local, national, and world content.
Full coverage - Understand the full context on any story with just a tap. Google News gives you everything online about a story and organizes it for you – highlighting different perspectives, a timeline of key events, FAQs, important people, and more.
Credible sources - Find quality content from a diverse set of credible publishers and discover sources you haven’t heard of before.
Stories, for you - Keep up with what’s happening on the topics you care about, whether that’s sports, politics, business, tech, or even the weather.
Subscribe with Google - We believe quality journalism is worth paying for. That’s why, with a single tap, you can easily subscribe to the newspapers and magazines you love.
Digg delivers the most interesting and talked-about stories on the Web right now.
IPhone and iPad apps available.
- Read every story in a clean, mobile-friendly view
- Introducing Digg Reader ! Subscribe to your favorite blogs and publishers
- Seamlessly import all of your Google Reader feeds and folders into Digg
- Digg your favorite stories and share to Facebook, Twitter, by email or text
- Full support for offline reading (subway commuters rejoice!)
- Save stories to your Reading List (with support for Instapaper and Pocket)
- "Paperboy" — set Digg to automatically download the latest stories whenever you leave home!
- "Reading Sync" — close the Digg app before you could finish a story? The next time you open Digg on your iPhone or iPad, you’ll pick up where you left off
- VoiceOver support for the blind and visually impaired
FFFFOUND! is a web service that not only allows the users to post and share their favorite images found on the web, but also dynamically recommends each users tastes and interests for an inspirational image-bookmarking experience.
Available also for iPhone, called iFound: its a simple FFFFOUND! viewer for iPhone/iPod touch. Simply scroll down the screen to see the graphics posted on FFFFOUND! See http://ffffound.com/iphone/ and AppStore link http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=326839665&mt=8
Noosfeer, the simplest way to discover inspirational stories and ideas on the web.
What is Trendulus? Trendulus is a social media platform that mixes trends, discussions and hobbies around the world to create a personalized feed.
Share whatever you want Publish a video, a vine, a quote, a secret, a story, an article, a youtube video, a link, an image [..] (well, you get the idea) in just two clicks instead of using a tedious markdown editor or being restricted to 140 characters.
Interact and chat with new people Forget friend requests, seriously, chat with anyone, make internet friends and have fun. Don't be afraid of trolls, spammers or hackers, if someone is harassing you, we'll take care.
Enjoy hundreds of communities Pick from a wide range of communities available for you; can't find your perfect community? let's create it.
Medium is a new place on the Internet where people share ideas and stories that are longer than 140 characters and not just for friends. It’s designed for little stories that make your day better and manifestos that change the world. It’s used by everyone from professional journalists to amateur cooks. It’s simple, beautiful, collaborative, and it helps you find the right audience for whatever you have to say.
BlogPress is fast, easy to use, rich featured blogging app that highly intergraded with your favorite social networks: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and Picasa!!
Now you can write your blog or travel log on the road, share news, photos and videos with your friends in real time!!
BlogPress is an universal app: Optimized both for iPhone/iPod touch and iPad, buy once and work for all iOS devices.
BlogPress come with powerful VIDEO UPLOAD intergraded with YouTube. Please setup your youtube account, BlogPress will upload your video and insert it directly to your post!
A text-image-mixed layout editor: BlogPress has a special editor that support text-image-mixed layout. Placing your photos anywhere in the text is now a few taps away!! even you don't know html code.
No limitation and easy-to-use photo uploader. You can upload MORE THEN ONE photo in a single post to any supported platform. Photos will be uploaded either to your own Filckr, Picasa Web Album or to BlogPress Public Album hosted by us. Thumbnails will be auto generated and link to the full size images.
Support Simple HTML Quick Insert: a very convenience to create links, bold text, italic text and event font and color, you need to know some basic html only.
Location auto-detection (GEO tags). Every your blog reader know where you are writing the post, fully intergraded with Google Map.
Twitter & Facebook intergradation : Automately update Twitter/Facebook status with your latest post and the blog link.
Write once, multiple posts: By just one click!! you can send the same post to multiple blogs at various platforms. If you have more than one blog, this will definitely be a handy feature for you.
Landscape editing mode: Allow you input your article with "big finger" landscape keyboard.
Support TextExpender: TextExpender is a cool app that make your typing much more quickly on iOS. Just search TextExpender in App Store!!
Support Emoji Keyboard: Writing your article with more fun. BlogPress support iPhone OS Emoji icons. You can add more then 450 interesting icons to you every article.
(You need to enable the iOS magic hidden feature -- Emoji keyboard, search Emoji in App Store :D )
- Support most of the mainstream blog platforms:
- Blogger / BlogSpot
- MSN Live Spaces
- Movable Type
- My Opera
Support full options of blog: Labels/tags, categories, publish date and online draft(private post)
Support full thumbnails attributes: Resize, alignment and links
Simple and elegant desinged: Clear and no confusing interface, easy to use, no need to learn. The buttons display only when you need it.
Support Draft Auto Saving: save writing text every minute to iTunes shared document folder, easy to recover if app quit abnormally.
Save local drafts & online drafts & Preview: Write on the way, post them when online. Easily write, edit, delete or preview your posts and drafts.
Signature customization Setup your personal signature for every post from your iPhone.
Editor text font customization.
*** NOTE: if you are using non-gmail account on Blogger/BlogSpot, you need to validate your email on user profile first. ***
*** NOTE: About Photo Upload: BlogPress Public Album is for public usage, it is no need to setup, no space limitation, free for hosting, but not manageable and come with ads. For private photos, BlogPress support Google Picasa, Flickr and WordPress photo albums. We strongly suggest you to use them. ***
Pebble is a Java-based server blogging software such as MovableType and WordPress. It does not require a database, but rather stores the blog entries in plain files.
It's small, fast and feature-rich with unrivalled ease of installation and use. Blog content is stored as XML files on disk and served up dynamically, so there's no need to install a database
WordPress is software designed for everyone, emphasizing accessibility, performance, security, and ease of use. We believe great software should work with minimum set up, so you can focus on sharing your story, product, or services freely. The basic WordPress software is simple and predictable so you can easily get started. It also offers powerful features for growth and success.
We believe in democratizing publishing and the freedoms that come with open source. Supporting this idea is a large community of people collaborating on and contributing to this project. The WordPress community is welcoming and inclusive. Our contributors’ passion drives the success of WordPress which, in turn, helps you reach your goals.
Twitter is an online social networking service that enables users to send and read short 280-character messages called "tweets".
Registered users can read and post tweets, but those who are unregistered can only read them. Users access Twitter through the website interface, SMS or mobile device apps.
In countries all around the world, people follow the sources most relevant to them and access information via Twitter as it happens—from breaking world news to updates from friends.
Free to join and use!
- Create, update and manage your OverBlog on the go
- Edit articles and imported social posts from Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/YouTube/Flickr/Foursquare
- Moderate comments
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Use the Flash Post feature as the easiest and quickest way to share text, pictures, links, videos or addresses! Share your articles and social posts on Twitter & Facebook
What would it be like to make a service that lasts for 10 years? 100 years? That’s what we’re trying to build at Posthaven. We’re as sick as you are to have to switch services every few years, or worry about running your own servers and getting hacked all the time.
To do that, it’ll take a small team of engineers who quietly maintain the software like a constant gardener, quietly doing the right things over time.
Micro.blog is a timeline and publishing platform for microblogs.
Micro.blog shows recent posts from sites and people you are following. Microblog posts are short — quick thoughts, links to web sites, and replies to friends. It's a fast timeline that's powered by the open web.
Publish to your own site, host directly on Micro.blog, or use any service that can generate RSS feeds. Text in each post should be short, 280 characters or less, without a title. Then just add your RSS feed to Micro.blog and anyone can follow you.
Instead of trying to be a full social network, Micro.blog is a thin layer that glues the open web together, making it more useful. Micro.blog adds discovery and conversations on top of previously unconnected blog posts.
A place where you can share and explore thoughts of people around the world,friends and connecting with them.We respect your privacy so we don't collect private data or track you Thoughtifies include many unique features along with common features like chatting,offline message etc 1.Starred rating for your thougts from people around the world 2.Most rated thoughts displayed on your home 3. Shows who visited your profile 4. Search people with filters like peer group,online status etc 5. Filter your thoughts on your wall based on who posted it ,like by your friends or not
Chttr.co is a social network with 1. openness — everything is public 2. effortless discussions 3. sensible line on free speech.
Woddal is social network that allows people with similar interests to come together and share information, photos and videos.
Okuna (formerly Openbook) is an open-source, zero tracking, zero spying, zero advertisement, secure social network that gives 30% of it's revenue towards making the world a better place, now and forever.
A project to redefine social networks, a project to rethink the "free" internet, a project to bring transparency to the internet, a project to claim back our privacy. Okuna is a project to make the world a better place.
Post something and your followers see it.
You can post almost anything that can be represented with activity streams -- short or long text, bookmarks, images, video, audio, events, geo checkins. You can follow friends, create lists of people, and so on.
There's an API defined in the API.md file. It uses activitystrea.ms JSON as the main data and command format.
The software is useful for at least these scenarios:
- Mobile-first social networking
- Activity stream functionality for an existing app
- Experimenting with social software
It also comes with a web UI.
alloblak is a social networking site with a host of features on the Internet today. Users can browse directly from their hands. A fun and innovative way to share photos, videos, and messages with friends and family ...
Yammer is revolutionizing internal corporate communications by bringing together all of a company’s employees inside a private and secure enterprise social network. Although Yammer is as easy to use as consumer products like Facebook or Twitter, it’s enterprise-grade software is built from the ground up to drive business objectives.
Yammer is free for your whole company, enabling users to communicate, collaborate, and share more easily and efficiently than ever before. It reduces the need for meetings, increases communication across silos, surfaces pockets of expertise and connects remote workers.
Sign up and start using Yammer in less than 60 seconds. All you need is a company email address.
Choqok - KDE Micro-Blogging Client The name comes from an ancient Persian word, means Sparrow! Currently supports Twitter.com and Identi.ca services. It currently features:
- Supporting Twitter.com micro-blogging service.
- Supporting Identi.ca micro-blogging service. (Using its Twitter compatible API)
- Supporting self hosted StatusNet websites. (Using their Twitter compatible API)
- Supporting Friends, @Reply, Favorite and Public time-lines.
- Support for send and receive direct messages.
- Supporting Multiple Accounts simultaneously.
- Supporting search APIs for all services.
- KWallet integration.
- Ability to make a quick tweet/dent with global shortcuts. (Ctrl+Meta+T)
- Ability to notify user about new statuses arriving.
- Support for shortening urls with more than 30 characters.+shorten on paste, With more than 10 shortening services
- Support for configuring status lists appearance.
- Filtering supported to hide unwanted posts.
- Preview Images from Twitpic, YFrog and TweetPhoto services.
- Preview Videos from YouTube and Vimeo services.
- Send Now Listening text. (Many of favorite players such as Amarok, Exaile, Banshee, Rhythmbox and VLC supported)
- UnTiny short Urls.
- Proxy support.
- Official Repeat/ReTweet functions.
A simple iGoogle alternative. Weather + RSS/Atom feed Panels
uStart.org (prononce "you start") is an entirely customizable start page which allows you to have plenty of information like your mails, your favorites RSS feeds, the weather...on the same page.Your data is stored on your computer or online and your page is restored automatically. It is composed of blocs that you can add/remove/move/configure as you wish.
What is sitehoover? Imagine a place in which you store all of your favorite websites. Imagine that it is available from any computer in the world. Imagine that it informs you about new stuff coming up on each of your favorite websites... This place is called a hoover.
Spaaze is an infinite virtual cork board, and you can use it to do almost everything.
Spaaze (pronounced "space") offers its users so called boards. Each board is an infinite space which resembles a virtual cork board - hence the default cork background, but other backgrounds are available. On these boards, items can be put. Currently Spaaze offers 7 different items: Labels, Notes, Bookmarks, Images, Files, Videos and HTML. These items can be edited in place, moved via drag and drop and positioned freely on the board. Therefore it's possible to arrange a bunch of items any way you like, which makes it possible to use it for many different use cases.
To add some structure to the board it's possible to "remember" certain points (around which items have been placed) by creating hotspots (e.g. one per topic of a bookmark collection). Furthermore Spaaze is collaborative. This means that board owners can invite others to join them and edit their board as well. Finished board can be easily published, which creates public link of a read only view of the board to share it with others.
Spaaze runs on every modern browser (IE7+, FF4+, Safari4+, Chrome) and also on the iPad (with full multi-touch support).
What is hiTabs? Hitabs is a free cloud based web service to save, group and share your links and bookmarks.
Why you should use hiTabs? . Not to lose an important link again . Keep your links bookmarks in a more organized way . It's device and browser independent
What are the major features on hiTabs? . Import your bookmarks from all major borwsers and platforms . Create group tabs to collaborate with teams . Generate shotcodes to add or share tabs . Select, drag and drop your links . Search among your tabs and links
Kadaza.com only shows the absolute best and most popular websites, covering hundreds of topics like news, career, and social networking. You can keep your favorite and most frequently visited websites on the customizable homepage, without the need for registration. Favorites can easily be added and removed with drag’n’drop functionality. You can also customize Kadaza with colors, patterns, and images to instantly change the way the start page looks. There's no signup required, no rss feeds, no weather reports, no email, no widgets... just a simple, attractive and useful way to start your browsing.
Feedly is a better way to organize, read and share the content of your favorite sites. It weaves the content from the RSS feeds of your favorite websites into a fun magazine-like experience and provides seamless integration with social networks.
Better Personalization - Organize your favorite blogs, news sites and YouTube channels and access them all in one place (or sync with Twitter and Facebook).
Better Browsing - Feedly transforms web sites into beautiful cards which load quickly and are easy to read.
Better Sharing - Easily save articles across devices or share them with your friends on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Directly or via Buffer, Pocket or Instapaper.
At home, at work or on the go - You can add feedly to all the devices you love. Your phone, tablet and computer are always in sync.
Feedly compatible news reader apps are for example:
iOS Newsify Windows Phone Nextgen Reader
Other apps that work with Feedly: https://feedly.com/apps.html
Take back control of your newsfeed and filter out the noise! With Inoreader, information comes straight to you the minute it’s available. Follow your favorite websites, content creators, newsletters, and social media feeds. Discover and collect articles from across the web, share and collaborate with others. No more algorithms and editorial picks – you decide what’s important to you. Read or listen on the go, mark the essential bits and customize your view for the best experience. Use our advanced features to set up powerful automation and let Inoreader do the work!
Flipboard is a fast, beautiful way to flip through the news, photos and updates your friends are sharing on Facebook and Twitter.
- See your social media in a magazine layout that is easy to scan and fun to read.
- Share articles and photos, comment on posts, and like or favorite anything.
- Customize your Flipboard with sections created from your favorite people, lists and blogs on Twitter.
Flipboard is your personal magazine. It is the most popular way to catch up on the news you care about, discover amazing things from around the world, or stay connected to the people closest to you.
When you first launch Flipboard simply pick a few topics to start reading everything from world news to sports, travel and more. You can also add popular publications, such as The New York Times or Vanity Fair, or add Etsy to shop right from Flipboard.
You can find thousands of websites, RSS feeds and interesting sources like Politico and Brain Pickings, or explore magazines being created on Flipboard in “By Our Readers” -- just tap the red ribbon and use the Content Guide to get started.
Flipboard also lets you enjoy all your social networks.
- Add Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and more to see updates from your social world, all in a beautiful magazine style experience.
- Now the news your friends share is a breeze to flip through -- with headlines and excerpts that give you an immediate glimpse into the world around you.
- Anything you like, comment on or favorite goes right back into your social networks, so you can easily interact and add to the conversation.
Feed and news filters: new, unread, starred, deleted (for news until restart application) User filters Proxy configuration: automatic or manual Feed import wizard: Search feed URL if site URL was entered Embedded browser (Webkit core) Mark news starred Automatic update feeds: on startup, by timer Automatic cleanup on close using criteria Enable/Disable images in news preview Ability to quickly hide feed tree (for comfortable viewing) Open feed or news in own tab Quick news filter and quick search in browser Sound and/or Popup notification on new news Show new or unread news counter on tray icon Minimize on system tray: on start, on close, on minimize Import/Export feeds (OPML-files) Portable (Windows) Free working set (Windows) Shortcuts Check for updates Cross-platform Multilingual (English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Czech, Dutch, Farsi, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese) Open-source ;)
Tiny Tiny RSS is an open source web-based news feed (RSS/Atom) reader and aggregator, designed to allow you to read news from any location, while feeling as close to a real desktop application as possible.
- Server-side AJAX-powered application, user only needs a web browser.
- Free software, licensed under GNU GPLv3.
- Self-hosted: control your own data and protect your privacy instead of depending on a cloud service which may be discontinued at any moment.
- feed aggregation / syndication,
- keyboard shortcuts,
- OPML import/export,
- multiple ways to share stuff: via RSS feeds, using plugins to various social sites, sharing by URL, etc,
- sharing arbitrary content through tt-rss,
- Plugins and themes,
- detecting and filtering duplicate articles,
- flexible article filtering,
- JSON-based API,
- and much more…
- Official Android client
Link to trial: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fox.ttrss Link to full version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fox.ttrss.key
An open source RSS news reader to help you discover, track and manage only the content you care about. Getting better every week and made with love in NYC
“Collector is simply the best news reader on the market.”
Browse through and choose from a selection of hundreds of feeds, or better still add your own RSS feed!
We care about quality.That is why we made it our life’s mission to bring you pixel perfect craftmanship the app, making your reading experience the best it can possibly be!
Collector works on ANY Windows Phone device out there, and does what the other readers cant and dont; it works offline as well !
You can also connect to Twitter in order to create your very own personalised news feeds from any of your Twitter followers. Prefer Tumblr, well that ‘s supported too. Thanks to Collector Content Scraping, you can automatically see any link or attached picture, much like an Instagram photo or an article from a website.
- Browse between a hundred of selected news websites or magazines.
- Add your own RSS feeds.
- Read articles offline, or read them while it’s syncing.
- Integrated Readability© content reading.
- Share directly to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn !
- Create news feeds using other sources, like a Twitter user or even a Tumblr blog
- Live tiles supports every Windows Phone version (7.8 too!)
Wait! We’re not done yet, there’s not enough space here, so find it by yourself.--huh?
There is a whole host of upcoming new features, like:
- Create your news feed from any Facebook or Dribbble account.
Create your own homepage with icons of all your favorite sites.
Touch or click icons to get quick and easy access to your most frequently visited places.
LooksNeat is a personal tool for managing a homepage, a powerful RSS reader, using fitness apps, reading news filtered by categories you choose and posting and reading recipes.
Gritwire is a set of useful tools for people who use the Web daily.
SpeedFeed Reader Use our reader to organize feeds into folders, read and save content, or rate feeds and feed items. And, if you have an OPML file handy, you can upload all the feeds from there as well.
Gritcast Player Play Podcasts or Videocasts in our media player. We support MP3s as well as most files that are currently supported in Windows Media Player and Quicktime.
Friends Invite friends to your network to enhance your Gritwire experience. Recommending your favorite feed items, start and share wikis, or discuss through Gritwire.
Inbox Whether your getting an invite from a friend or a recommendation to a feed, you'll be notified through your inbox. You can also start discussion logs with your friends there.
QuickLinks It's really as simple as it sounds. Add your favorite links, organize them into folders. They're there for safe-keeping.
Wikis Our wikis are like a virtual notepad. Use them to track notes or whatever information you'll want easily accessible. You can share and edit wikis with your friends.
Personalized homepage. Free Online Storage. Clever RSS Reader. Project management software for online collaboration. One page, several tools. No paid software. All for free.
CryptoTab is an easy-to-use, fast and safe web browser proudly made by passionate blockchain enthusiasts. It combines a smooth and comfortable user experience with some unique cryptocurrency-related features.
Advanced Feed Reader - Read news & blogs or any RSS/Atom/RDF source.
- Full standalone feed reader (RSS, Atom, RDF) as a Chrome and Firefox extension - no online services needed
- Extremely fast!
- Multiple viewing modes: full article view, headlines view, headlines + one article (Opera RSS reader style), newspaper view, magazine view
- Can convert partial feeds to feeds with full articles with a built-in Readability style conversion engine!
- Built-in Social Media plugin support - read content directly (without extra services or conversion) from Youtube, Youtube Search, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, VK, LinkedIn Groups, LinkedIn home feed, LinkedIn Jobs, LinkedIn hashtag feed, Yammer, Bitchute, Vimeo, SlideShare, Pinterest, Reddit, Telegram, Rumble, Dribbble, eBay
- Built-in Rule Engine lets you define rules for filtering, border highlighting, auto-bookmarking, tagging, hiding and regexp highlighting articles. Rules also support Chrome popup notifications and sound effects.
- Article tagging and searching by a tag
- IFTTT support!
- Favicon support
- Finds feeds from web pages and makes it very easy to subscribe to new feeds
- Organizes feeds into folders (+ read all items in folder at once)
- Drag & drop support for organizing feeds and folders in the tree navigator
- Flexible "mark as read" options (when article title is shown, when article bottom is shown, manually)
- 'Show only unread items' option helps you to read only what is new
- Read any feeds that your computer can access (also in your company intranet, not only public Internet)
- User interface themes: Light, Dark, Aqua, Sepia, Chill
- Article filtering based on article age
- Custom feed specific scan interval
- Custom feed specific number of items to store
- Keyboard shortcuts (similar to Google Reader)
- Works well with high frequency update feeds
- Can import feed subscriptions from an OPML file
- Can export feed subscriptions to an OPML file
- Easy to drop inactive or broken feeds
- Article headline view for quick skimming
- Basic authentication support to read password protected feeds
- Article sharing to various social media sites like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Reddit etc and via Gmail/Email client
- Buffer and Hootsuite support for scheduled social media sharing
- Supports offline reading
- Great for managing Youtube subscriptions!
- Supports Firefox bookmarks import (Live Bookmarks & normal feed bookmarks)
- Multilanguage support
- Discord & Slack support for Rule actions