LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio , which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. You can have fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more; all in a user-friendly and modern interface.
Ardour is a hard disk recorder and digital audio workstation application. It runs on GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. Ardour's intention is to provide digital audio workstation software suitable for professional use.
NOTE: Ardour source code is freely available but pre-built binaries are commercial free-libre software: users who download from ardour.org are asked to pay at least $1 for downloading pre-built binaries; those users then have the right to obtain minor updates until the next major release. Another option is to subscribe, paying $1, $4 or $10 per month. Subscribers can download prebuilt binaries of all updates during the subscription period.
Welcome to the school of rock. A Mac-sized practice space. Your own recording studio. If you want to learn to play an instrument, write music, or record a song, GarageBand can help — whether you’re a rookie or a rock star.
GarageBand is a whole music creation studio right inside your Mac — with a complete sound library that includes software instruments, presets for guitar and voice, and virtual session drummers. An intuitive interface makes it easy to learn, play, record, create, and share your hits worldwide. It’s never been easier to make music like a pro.
OpenMPT (short hand for Open ModPlug Tracker) is a popular tracker software for Windows. OpenMPT is completely free and allows you to create and play back some great music on your computer. Based on the original ModPlug Tracker written by Olivier Lapicque, OpenMPT is free software and supports a wide variety of module formats and offers an intuitive, native GUI as well as advanced features such as VST plugins and ASIO output.
Cakewalk, formerly SONAR, is a comprehensive audio software for music composition, audio recording, editing, mixing and mastering. It features a full suite of high quality audio and MIDI effects and instruments and composition tools ranging from drum sequencer and piano roll editor to a sophisticated score composer. It's all powered by an advanced console for mixing and mastering unlimited tracks, complete with a pro channel section for analyzing audio and applying mastering and other studio effects like console emulation, tape emulation and convolution reverb.
FEATURES Professional mixing console for mixing and mastering unlimited tracks. Comprehensive suite of core audio effects for applying delays, filters and reverbs. Modular guitar amp modeler featuring 3-D mic placement, blending and phase inversion, assorted ambience types and granular amp and fx controls. Mastering suite for compression, tape and console emulation and audio analysis. Bundled instruments ranging from drums and bass to piano and strings. Built in time-stretching and slice-based audio manipulation. MIDI effects including chord analyzer, transposer and arpeggiator. World class convolution reverb with nice selection of impulse responses. VST and DirectX instrument and effect support as well as Rewire support for connecting to other audio apps.
Soundtrap is a freemium online cross-platform digital audio workstation for browsers that allows users to create music or podcasts. The DAW is operated by Soundtrap AB, which was bought by Spotify in November 2017.
Mix, scratch, sample, record: rock great parties with top-DJ features.
Turn your mobile device into a complete DJ system. Mix your tracks in perfect sync, scratch, add effects, loops and more. Automix your songs for non-stop music. Record your set and share it on SoundCloud. Music lovers, mix at your next party and impress your friends. Pro DJs, Cross DJ uses the same engine as Pioneer’s rekordbox. It’s like having 2 CDJs in your pocket.
MIX IN PERFECT SYNC
• Accurate BPM detection of your music, down to the last decimal. • Stable Sync: one-press, and the 2 tracks never go out of phase. • Split Mono: Pre-listen your music tracks before mixing them. • Progressive, manual pitch bend. • Customizable, manual pitch range (4, 8, 16, 32, 100%). • Beat-grid editing, to make sure that your old music tracks sync correctly. • Parallel waveforms mode to visually check if your tracks are synced. • New Quantize feature : hot cues and loops are automatically set on the beat. • Smart-seek: Tap on the waveform to fast-forward & get a seamless jump. • Automix: Let Cross DJ mix your tracks and play music automatically, from any sources (playlist, album, etc.) • External mixer: control EQs and crossfader with hardware mixers.
OUTSTANDING AUDIO PERFORMANCE • Low latency: music reacts instantly to your actions. • Extremely realistic scratch sound as on real turntables. • 15 effects (Bi-filter, Low-pass, Hi-Pass, Delay, Echo, Phaser, Flanger, Cut, Crush, Bliss, Brake, Roll, etc.) • No load time when starting-up the app. • Autogain: automatically equalizes the levels of 2 tracks.
MAGIX Music Maker is perfect for composing music: stunning songs, experimental beats, and exciting soundtracks! It offers everything you need to make your own music:
- A massive sound archive featuring over 1,500 sounds and loops
- Ability to record on 64 audio and MIDI tracks
- Mixing console including effects, remix tools, and synthesizers
- Burn CDs in the official standard of music labels and the record industry
If youve never made music, you can still get started right away and make songs. If you are a musician, you will love the software tools available to polish your masterpiece.
Ohm Studio is the first real-time collaborative digital audio workstation. Start a project, invite musicians and make music together. It's as simple as that. Download the application and join a worldwide online cohmunity of musicians and producers.
Soundation Studio is the free online music making application that gives everyone the opportunity to make music on the internet. With instant access to music making tools like a loop library, virtual instruments, real time effects, automation, audio recording and editing. You can save, post to web or download your work. If you need more sounds there is an integrated sound shop that offers an array of high quality loops ready to be used directly in Soundation. There are paid accounts that offer access to the premium sound library and AudioLocker a desktop application that lets you import your own sounds into Soundation as well as store your personal sounds in your Soundation “cloud account”.
Buzz is the first ever "easy to use" free modular software based synthesizer. What this means is that the entire system is based on objects, which may be routed in a modular fashion, giving you the freedom to be as creative as you want. For example, if you wish to run 3 Physical Modelling synths and a Drum Machine through 2 seperate Stereo Delays, into a Mixer, through a Compressor and Parameteric EQ, and finally out to your speakers - no problem. Lay down your synths, connect the wires and you're done. Every aspect of Buzz is built to be controlled in real-time.
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 65 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
• Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard • Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture • Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming • 125 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments) • 65 free instruments, 60 available in the in-app shop • 4 categories: classic, band, electronic, world • Release and attack time configurable per instrument • Sustain samples • Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control • Audio tracks: • Microphone recording • AudioCopy & AudioPaste • iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import • Waveform and audio region editing • Record up to 8 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware • Low-latency, highly optimized, 64x polyphony, battery saving audio engine • 100 drum loops • 5 real-time effects with lots of parameters: 3 high-quality reverb algorithms, delay, 3-band equalizer, amplifier, filter • 127-track sequencer • Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature) • Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track • Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes: Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc. • MIDI import and export • Share your songs via email, AudioCopy and SoundCloud • Wi-Fi and iTunes file transfer to your computer • Unlimited undo and redo • Detailed in-app help • Compatible with: CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer I & II, Akai SynthStation 25, iRig, iRig Mic, iRig MIDI, Ampkit Link, Apogee Jam, Blue Mikey, Alesis IO Dock and iConnectMIDI
Start a jam session - anytime, anywhere! Music Maker Jam is the first app that combines easy music creation with maximum fun. In no time at all you'll be producing your own hits thanks to a huge selection of professionally produced loops and styles!
Simply combine the song parts and instruments to get the sound you want, then adjust the key and the tempo or add some spectacular effects in real-time. Intuitive touchscreen control puts the full studio experience in the palm of your hand! And the best thing is, all of the sounds are perfectly synchronized to keep you on the beat when you're jamming live in front of your friends and fans.
Select from professionally produced loops (Dubstep, Tech House, Jazz and Rock) Set the tempo (BPM) and melodic progression (step sequencer) Add effects to your songs in real-time (filters) Tip your tablet to change the effect settings Mix tracks yourself (8-track mixer) Keep track of your creations with a complete overview of all song parts Save and share your project Record your jam session as an MP3 Simultaneously use loops from several music styles in one project Buy new music styles to make your songs even more personalized Custom background image
Luppp is a music creation tool, intended for live use. The focus is on real time processing and a fast, intuitive workflow. With extensive MIDI mapping support, you can get looping just how you like!
KORG Gadget offers a collection of more than 20* different synthesizers and drum machines called “Gadgets.” These gadgets were designed to assist the user to produce powerful electronic music. The latest version features universal support not only for the iPad, but also for the iPad Pro and the iPhone. The painstaking attention that Korg has given its hardware instruments for more than fifty years has now taken shape as cutting-edge software in the Gadget. It's the ultimate all-in-one music production studio app.
Specimen is an open source, MIDI controllable audio sampler for Linux. Features include:
Up to 64 patches with 8 notes of polyphony each Fast, high quality pitch scaling Linear ADSR volume envelopes MIDI/jack-transport syncable LFOs Low pass filter with resonance A variety of direction-independent playback modes A zoomable sample editor for loop and play points Portamento
Turn your phone or tablet into a musical instrument! RD4 - Groovebox is a music making app with virtual analog synthesizers, drum machines and effects. Compose and arrange your music in real-time. Choose instruments individually for the 4 channels. Record live or set notes with the dedicated sequencer or piano roll of each instrument.
Loops you've created and exported with RD4 can also be automatically integrated into mikrosonic's audio mixer app SPC - Music Sketchpad.
- 4 channel rack mixer
- Instrument selection for each channel
- Volume control with level meter per channel
- Direct audio effect channel assignment
- Tempo control with tap tempo
- Channel mute and solo
- 2 banks with up two 8 bars per instrument
- Adjustable play modes from 1 to 8 bars and random modes
- Song Mode with a length of up to 99 bars
Online music recording & collaboration.
JamHive empowers musicians to record directly into their browser, invite band members to listen, edit, & add accompaniments, and jam out!
Sign up for access and to reserve your personal JamHive vanity URL & be eligible for private BETA launch
Playground is a new way to experience the music of curated artists from around the globe. Swipe and tap on the unique template objects and discover your path to musical expression. Fun and easy to use for beginners, become a real performer by growing your skills. Record and share your favourite sessions with your friends.
Mb Launchpad is the First Launchpad for Linux
Customisable in every way
Online version (to be made)
Made in Qt.
Easy to use! For Everybody!
All Around Customisable
Amped Studio is a modern web based music studio and production environment. With the instant access of a web application you can quickly get in to creating music with virtual instruments, effects, loops, samples and easy to use tools. All your projects are stored in the cloud on our servers which allows you to access them from any computer with an internet connection.