FastStone Capture is a powerful, lightweight, yet full-featured screen capture and screen recording tool that allows for capturing and annotating anything on the screen including windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular/freehand regions and even scrolling windows/web pages. Other notable features include an eyedropper color selection, a resizeable on-screen ruler, a magnify glass tool, and pixel-exact cropping via arrow keys.
Until version 5.3 (Feb 2007) the application used to be Freeware. This version is still available on the net (see comments).
ShareX is a free and open source program that lets you capture or record any area of your screen and share it with a single press of a key. It also allows uploading images, text or other types of files to many supported destinations you can choose from.
Lightshot - easy screenshot tool, is screen capture tool for Windows and Mac platforms, with the added advantage of automatically uploading it online for sharing or editing. Available also as Firefox addon, Chrome extension and besides Desktop application. The program has short domain https://prnt.sc/g5g1s5 (or long one http://prntscr.com/g5g1s5 inspite, here they're soft options on this screenshot) where you can see all screenshots you've uploaded before.
The ultimate screen capture tool. With Snagit’s capture, edit, organize and share technology… it’s easy to create engaging visuals that grab attention and keep it. Let images do the talking for you.
Use Snagit to capture any image you want straight off your computer screen. Enhance with transparency, callouts, and other effects to turn a simple screen shot into an eye-grabbing visual. Easily organize your images and use them again and again for other projects. Then show off your Snagit creations to anyone. Just add them to your documents and presentations… or share using your favorite applications.
It doesn’t take much to explain a concept or an idea with Snagit. The images you create do the talking. And the more you use Snagit, the more ways you’ll find to use it!
PicPick is an all-in-one software for software developers, graphic designers and home user.
It has an intuitive interface and simple, elegant operation. After starting the software, you simply select one of the tool from the PicPick Tools trayicon menu when you want.
It features a powerful capture tool, image editor, color picker, color palette, pixel ruler, protractor, crosshair, whiteboard and etc. You can use all these tools freely.......
Produce videos for the web using the industry-leading H.264 format. No tweaks or technospeak, just sparkling HD-quality video with compact file sizes...every single time. Two existing production presets (blog and web) and three new presets (YouTube, HD display, and Screencast.com) take advantage of the new format.
Create eye-catching training, presentation and demo videos…the easy way. Camtasia screen recording software is streamlined, intuitive and makes you look like a pro. Easily record onscreen activity, Keynote slides, camera video, microphone or system audio – all with sparkling clarity. Record in front of a live audience or at your desk. Edit to perfection. Turn it into a stunning, HD-quality video at the perfect size to share on popular video sites, Apple devices, your website, blog or anywhere you like.
Captura captures high resolution recordings of your computer screen (with a selection of encoding them in h.264, FFMpeg, or mp4) with or without your mouse cursor. It also supports capturing and recording specific regions or windows. On top of these features, it can capture mouse clicks, keystrokes, microphone audio, and features command line support.
- Free: Captura is free. You don't need to spend a penny. It's supported by donations and users sharing the repository.
- Open-Source: Source-code for Captura is available on GitHub under the terms of the MIT license.
- The app is completely ad-free.
- Available in over 30 languages.
- System Tray: Captura can run unobtrusively and be minimized to the System Tray.
- Command-line Usage: Captura can be used from your terminal. Only for portable builds.
- Hotkeys: Take Screenshots and control recordings from the keyboard even when Captura is in System Tray using configurable hotkeys.
- Input/Output Audio Mixing: Captura can mix microphone input audio and speaker output audio.
- Clicks and Keystrokes: Mouse clicks and keystrokes can be displayed in recordings. Options are present for customization.
- Screen Region: Captura can capture specific regions using the region selector. It can also snap to application windows.
- Webcam: You can include a webcam view in your recordings. Perfect for making tutorials.
- Game Recording: DirectX fullscreen games can be recorded using Desktop Duplication API. Needs to be supported by the game and graphics card.
Capture or record any part of your screen. The editor will help you to annotate or blur sensitive info. Fast upload and share with the Short URL. Access screenshot and video recordings from iPhone, iPad or Web.
Nimbus Capture platform used by hundreds of thousands of people! It's a perfect solution for everybody: students, teachers, developers support, personal etc.
Use Nimbus Capture for note-taking, tech support, screen annotation and guidance.
• Auto-copy to the clipboard. The quickest way to upload screenshots directly to Slack or Email. • Capture entire screen, part of the screen, or select custom size • Use magnifier for perfect screen grab • Customize hotkeys • Record screen and share your screencasts, video guides, lectures • Drag and Drop to quickly upload multiple files with one shared link
Annotate and Edit:
• Annotate with different tools like arrows, text, pen, and shapes • Blur sensitive information • Resize or Crop image
Save and Share:
• Instant upload and share (in one click) with Nimbus Note platform. • Cross-platform service to access your recordings and sharings • Save screenshot locally
Screenshot and screencast tool that allows for full-screen, window or region-based captures. The built-in editor for screenshots supports cropping and resizing, arrows, text labels, numbering, a blur tool, and border effects. Screenpresso integrates with several online services, such as twitter/twitpic, minus, gmail, flickr, facebook, etc. (some of them with branding in the free version). A history window allows convenient access to recent captures, editing them, or uploading them to one of the configured online services. The free version requires an active internet connection, and forces the user to always update to the latest available version. Furthermore, screen-casts (videos) are limited to 15s recordings, and are additionally branded in the lower right corner.
The application collects anonymous usage statistics which can be disabled in the settings dialog.
Capture the whole page or any portion, annotate it with rectangles, circles, arrows, lines and text, one-click upload to share.
Capture Capture visible part Capture any region Capture the whole page Crop any portion and show crop dimension
Annotate Annotate it with rectangles, circles, arrows, lines and text Erase the sensitive information with blur tool
Share One-click Upload the screenshot to awesomescreenshot.com and get a sharable link Hard to guess URL to allow private sharing Share the link to twitter, facebook, email etc.
PRICING DETAILS: $5 one-time app purchase on Apple store $19,99/year (a little under $2/m) to unlock premium annotation features (call-out, steps, emojis, add pictture to a screenshot) and to record videos beyond a 30 second time limit with the Screen Recorder feature
Awesome Screenshot Minus is a less intrusive, open source version of the popular Awesome Screenshot .
- Desktop capture - used to be a "premium feature".
- GDrive URL shortening - short "goo.gl/foo" urls for screenshots uploaded to GDrive.
- Touch screen support - use touch screen to draw
- Less intrusive (minimum amount of code is injected into pages).
- De-obfuscated source: https://github.com/rojer/a-s-minus