Software I Like
I like software, not much else to say. See the software I like here and below today.
Affinity Photo is a professional, full-featured raster graphics editor. Working in Affinity Photo is always live and you can pan and zoom at 60fps, with live previews and non destructive application. It supports unlimited layers and a dedicated RAW editing workspace, as well as RGB, CMYK, LAB, Greyscale colour space with end-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management, and 16-bit per channel editing.
Fast and Efficient Tool Set
- Pan and zoom at 60fps, even with huge images
- Live tools, live previews, real-time editing
- RAW and regular processing united in one app
- Professional colour spaces and profiles
- Pro file formats like PSD supported
- Modern camera RAW formats supported
- Full set of 16-bit filters
- Sub-pixel precision and pixel-perfect snapping
- Customisable toolbars, keyboard shortcuts and panels
- Dedicated personas (modes) for specific tasks and toolsets
- Uncluttered UIs for RAW editing, photo editing, panoramas, and liquify
- Export persona for fine control over export regions and settings
Over 1,000,000% Zoom
- Zoom way beyond 1,000,000% — smooth like butter
- Quickly switch between favourite zoom levels
Solid Undo History
- Instantly undo/redo over 8,000 History steps
- Save History so you can undo steps later even on different Macs
- A seamless AutoSave protects against unexpected shutdowns
DuckDuckGo is an alternative search engine that has rich features, respects your privacy, and is built from free/open-source software.
• Zero-click Info - Useful information above the links. • More Privacy - We do not track you. • Goodies - Instant answers, !bangs & settings. • Less Spam - We remove sites with just ads.
Live is software for creating musical ideas, turning them into finished songs, and even taking them onto the stage.
With two views - the classic Arrangement View, where musical ideas are laid out along a timeline, and the unique Session View, where you can improvise and quickly experiment with musical ideas - Live is a fast, fun, intuitive way to make music.
What's new: The latest version of Live comes with everything from workflow enhancements to audio improvements. Simpler has been completely rebuilt with a new interface, warping, slicing, and new analog-modeled filters, which have also been added to Sampler, Operator, and Auto Filter. Improved waveforms and meters give you a better look at the details of your music. And a new technology called Link works under the hood, allowing you to instantly play in perfect sync with multiple instances of Live as well as a growing number of iOS apps.
Create: No matter how you start your music, Live offers a workflow that will help you get going. Record audio or MIDI from any source. Mix and match loops and samples from any tempo. Work with a huge range of included sounds, instruments, and effects.
Finish: Live helps you get from a collection of musical ideas to a finished song. With extensive editing workflows, great sounding EQs and compressors, great looking meters and waveforms, and fast, flexible exporting options, Live gives you everything you need to get music done.
Perform: Take your music out of the studio and onto the stage, with Live’s powerful performance workflows. Since Live handles keeping everything in time, you can play hardware or software instruments, trigger loops, process audio from other musicians, and focus on making music.
FL Studio (originally known as FruityLoops) is a full-featured Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) offering a complete range of professional tools for everything from audio editing and beat creation to advanced arrangement, composition, mixing and mastering. Sporting a fast, high-tech UI that runs at native speed, the DAW defaults to a relatively simple drum pattern sequencing interface while more advanced features are just a click or keypress away.
One of its most notable and distinguishing features, FL Studio is available through a lifetime license where a one-time purchase grants users continued updates forever after. The license is available across several editions providing access to an increasing number of bundled plugins with the mid-range tiers covering everything needed for pro quality music. The top tier includes the complete line of high-end synthesizers and effects developed by Image-line.
FL Studio is also highly recognized for several other features like its intuitive and responsive piano roll sequencer, fully vector-based UI with multi-touch support that extends the already adept mixer with full screen scaling and the ability to easily adjust multiple track levels simultaneously when mixing and mastering. The DAW also includes a unique visualizer plugin to create ultra-high resolution, 60fps music videos using an easy template-based approach powered by a highly configurable, modular visual system capable of producing practically any visualization imaginable.
Studio One is an advanced digital audio workstation for Mac and Windows featuring a bevy of powerful composition, editing, mixing and mastering tools on top of standard multi-track DAW features. Highly praised for its intuitive chord track that lets users drag and drop both audio and MIDI content in for seamless chord detection and editing, the DAW also features an adept arranger track for easy composition and navigation, scratchpads for experimentation, flexible, multi-touch compatible mixing console and much more.
REAPER is a complete digital audio production application for Windows, Mac and Linux, offering a full multi-track audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing and mastering tool set.
REAPER supports a vast range of hardware, digital formats and plugins, and can be comprehensively extended, scripted and modified.
- Efficient, fast to load and portable. Can be installed and run from a portable or network drive.
- Powerful audio and MIDI routing with multi-channel support throughout.
- 64-bit internal audio processing. Import, record to, and render to many media formats, at almost any bit depth and sample rate.
- Thorough MIDI hardware and software support.
- Support for thousands of third-party plug-in effects and virtual instruments, including VST, VST3, AU, DX, and JS.
- Hundreds of studio-quality effects for processing audio and MIDI, and built-in tools for creating new effects.
- Automation, modulation, grouping, VCA, surround, macros, OSC, scripting, control surfaces, custom skins and layouts.
MakeHuman is a free, open source, interactive modelling tool for creating custom 3D human characters. These characters can be modeled in minutes and can then be used with many other modelling and rendering programs to incorporate realistic human figures into computer generated images and animations. Features that make this software unique include the tetra-parametric GUI© and the Natural Pose System©, for advanced muscular simulation.
Blender is the free open source 3D content creation suite, available for all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License.
It can be used for modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging, water simulations, skinning, animating, rendering, particle and other simulations, non-linear editing, compositing, and creating interactive 3D applications, rigid body, fluid, cloth and softbody dynamics, modifier based modeling tools, powerful character animation tools, a node based material and compositing system and Python for embedded scripting.
Blender is Free Software. Free to use for any purpose. Forever.
OpenToonz is based on software "Toonz" which was developed by Digital Video S.p.A. in Italy, customized by Studio Ghibli, and has been used for creating its works for many years. . In March 2016 its source code was published under the terms of Modified BSD License. The open-source version is called OpenToonz and developed by international community. . FEATURES
- Powerful Digital Drawing Tools
- Vector and bitmap drawing tools with full support for graphic tablets allow you to create artwork of any complexity. . INDEXED COLOUR PALETTES
- Sequence of drawings can be painted quickly with automatic tools, and palette colors can be edited at any time, updating automatically all the level drawings. . EFFECTS AND COMPOSITING
- Add animated special effects and composite scenes seamlessly. Blurs, lighting, keys, masks, warps and more than 100 other effects available. . SCRIPTING
- Automate routine tasks by using ECMA-compatible scripting engine. . MOTION TRACKING
- Syncronize your animation with video footage automatically. . SCAN AND CLEANUP
- Automatically scan and vectorize paper drawings created by animation artists. Clean and paint them in a completely color-consistent digital environment. . FRAME-BY-FRAME ANIMATION
- A complete toolset for traditional frame-by-frame animation with configurable onionskin. Automatic creation of inbetween frames for vector shapes. . MOTION TWEENING
- Complex movements can be defined by linking objects or using motion paths, and everything can be also animated in a 3D environment, with an automatic multiplane effect. . BONES
- Animate your characters using bones, with IK support and mesh deformations.
- Create particles effect supporting multiple layers as particles or as control images for particles animation.
EXCLUSIVE FEATURES (MyPaint Brushes, Horizontal Timeline, Linux Version)
- This edition of OpenToonz includes a special features developed by Morevna Project.
This is software for producing a 2D animation. It is based on the software "Toonz", which was developed by Digital Video S.p.A. in Italy, customized by Studio Ghibli, and has been used for creating its works for many years. Dwango launches this OpenToonz project, in cooperation with Digital Video and Studio Ghibli. This software can be used by anyone free of charge, no matter whether the purpose of use is commercial or not. This is available as an open source, so that users can modify its source code freely. We aim to develop a new platform for connecting the academic research into frontline animation production.
GTS, a scanning tool developed by Studio Ghibli Sequence number scanning can be conducted efficiently according to in-between animation numbers. Compatible with 4 types of scanning. (black-and-white, colored, with or without binarization) The settings for scanning can be saved. Processes can be reproduced when some cuts are rescanned. Compatible with the TWAIN standards
Digital painting Anti-aliased lines can be used. Since the data of paintings are independent of those of the palette, it is easy to paint with provisional colors. Smooth operation even with high-definition image data
Filming Equipped with the time sheet-type interface Effects can be synthesized easily with the GUI using the node tree. Images can be handled with the real scale considering resolution [dpi] (units, such as millimeter, are specified) It is possible to use more effects by using the plug-in.
Other features Compatible with both raster and vector images Equipped with the function for the interconversion between the sequence image of the colored binarized TGA and the OpenToonz format, to secure the compatibility with existing workflow. The localization for the Japanese version available
Krita is a complete creative sketching and painting application with advanced, commercial quality features. It's open-source and available across all major desktop platforms. Krita is free on the official website and paid on Steam and Microsoft Store: the money will support Krita development.
User Interface - An intuitive user interface that stays out of your way. The dockers and panels can be moved and customized for your specific workflow. Once you have your setup, you can save it as your own workspace. You can also create your own shortcuts for commonly used tools.
Pop-up Palette - Quickly pick your color and brush by right-clicking on the canvas.
Brush Stabilizers - Have a shaky hand? Add a stabilizer to your brush to smoothen it out.
Brush Engines - Customize your brushes with 9 unique brush engines.
Wrap-around mode - It is easy to create seamless textures and patterns now. Press the ‘W’ key while painting to toggle wrap-around mode.
Resource Manager - Import brush and texture packs from other artists to expand your tool set.
Layer Management - Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers. Combine, order, and flatten layers to keep organized. Add drop shadows and other simple effects using visual styles.
Full Color Management - Krita supports full color management through LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR, allowing you to incorporate Krita into your existing color management pipeline.
GIMP is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, and more.
Thunderbird is a free, open source, cross-platform e-mail, news and instant messaging client. The project strategy is modeled after Mozilla Firefox.
It supports POP (storing mail locally on your hard drive so that it can be accessed without an internet connection), and IMAP. It features excellent mail filter capabilities and management.
Thunderbird has strong support for using multiple accounts and identities, including automated signature features.
Chat functionality is built in, so you can enjoy real-time conversation with your contacts, right from your favorite messaging application, with multiple supported networks. Thunderbird makes it easy to search through both past conversations and received emails.
Thunderbird can also function as an RSS/Atom feed reader, and has a large selection of add-ons that extend it with calendar support, PGP support, integration with online services and much more.
Available also as portable app: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/thunderbird_portable
Thunderbird for Android is known as K-9 Mail
A free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite. Firefox is highly extensible, with thousands of third-party add-ons available.
Firefox version 60+ (Quantum) is presently faster than Google Chrome and use less memory than Chrome. Compare to previous versions of Firefox, the Quantum version is twice as fast, promote parallelism, and has more intuitive user interface.