System & Hardware
Process Hacker is a feature-packed tool for manipulating processes and services on your computer. A free and open source process viewer with powerful process termination and memory searching/editing capabilities.
Key features of Process Hacker:
• A simple, customizable tree view with highlighting showing you the processes running on your computer. • Detailed system statistics with graphs. • Advanced features not found in other programs, such as detaching from debuggers, viewing GDI handles, viewing heaps, injecting and unloading DLLs, and more. • Powerful process termination that bypasses security software and rootkits. • View, edit and control services, including those not shown by the Services console. • View and close network connections. • Starts up almost instantly, unlike other programs.
TinyTask provides quick and easy automation by recording-playback. It is a case study in minimalist programming: the entire program is only 35k -- and over 14k are graphics, which means the executable portion is very small and efficient. It is used as the test harness for the "Recording" feature of vTask Studio.
New: now includes an EXE compiler! Turn your recordings into standalone programs. If you were stranded on a remote island, this is the one program you would want.
There's no installer, required files, or anything unnecessary; just a tiny program, which doesn't touch your registry or system folders. Enjoy!
AutoIt is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting. It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages (e.g. VBScript and SendKeys). AutoIt is also very small, self-contained and will run on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box with no annoying "runtimes" required!
AutoIt was initially designed for PC "roll out" situations to reliably automate and configure thousands of PCs. Over time it has become a powerful language that supports complex expressions, user functions, loops and everything else that veteran scripters would expect.
- Easy to learn BASIC-like syntax
- Simulate keystrokes and mouse movements
- Manipulate windows and processes
- Interact with all standard windows controls
- Scripts can be compiled into standalone executables
- Create Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs)
- COM support
- Regular expressions
- Directly call external DLL and Windows API functions
- Scriptable RunAs functions
- Detailed helpfile and large community-based support forums
- Compatible with Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT4 / 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / 2008 / 7
- Unicode and x64 support
- Digitally signed for peace of mind
- Works with Windows Vistas User Account Control (UAC)
AutoIt has been designed to be as small as possible and stand-alone with no external .dll files or registry entries required making it safe to use on Servers. Scripts can be compiled into stand-alone executables with Aut2Exe.
Also supplied is a combined COM and DLL version of AutoIt called AutoItX that allows you to add the unique features of AutoIt to your own favourite scripting or programming languages!
System Explorer is an enhanced Taskmanager that provides detailed information about running processes, startup programs, IE add-ons (BHOs), drivers, services network connections, system resources and more. It also keeps track of a history of processes that were started, and allows you to create file and registry snapshots that can be compared to analyze system changes in detail. System Explorer integrates online lookups into the right click menu for any process, driver or service, allowing you to retrieve additional information (and virus checking) from online sources including Google.
With Z-Cron scheduler you can start and/or quit programs (*.exe, *.com, *.bat) under Windows. Freeware software for automation task service on your system. These tasks can be started automatically at the following points in time:
- Daily (every x days).
- Weekly (every x weeks at a weekday you can choose).
- Monthly (at the x calendar day or the x weekday of a month).
- After the system startup.
- In regular intervals (e.g. every 5 minutes, every hour, etc.)
The Task Scheduler is a Windows feature which can set your computer to automatically perform routine tasks. The Task Scheduler does this by monitoring whatever criteria you choose to initiate the tasks, and then executing the tasks when the criteria is met.
Learn how to schedule a task here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/schedule-a-task
Shutter is a multifunctional scheduling utility, which has a user friendly and easy-to-use interface and supports many different Events and Actions.
Available events: Countdown, On Time, Winamp Stops, CPU Usage, Network Usage, Hard Disk Usage, User Inactive, Battery Low, Window, Process, Ping Stops, File Size Limit, Lid.
Available actions: Shutdown, Reboot, Log Off, Lock Workstation, Sleep, Hibernate, Turn Off Monitor, Screen Saver, Volume Control, Hang Up Modem, Alarm, Message, Play Sound, Run Program, Open File, Close Window, Kill Process.
Desktop links can be created to execute any of the supported actions directly from desktop. Web Interface allows remote execution of actions and displays run-time information about the computer: Up Time, List of Processes, Screenshot of a Desktop, Program Execution, and more.
The Open Hardware Monitor is a free open source software that monitors temperature sensors, fan speeds, voltages, load and clock speeds of a computer.
The Open Hardware Monitor supports most hardware monitoring chips found on today's mainboards. The CPU temperature can be monitored by reading the core temperature sensors of Intel and AMD processors. The sensors of AMD and Nvidia video cards as well as SMART hard drive temperature can be displayed. The monitored values can be displayed in the main window, in a customizable desktop gadget, or in the system tray. The free Open Hardware Monitor software runs on 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and any x86 based Linux operating systems without installation.
HWiNFO are professional hardware information and diagnostic tools supporting latest components, industry technologies and standards. Both tools are designed to collect and present the maximum amount of information possible about computers hardware which makes them suitable for users searching for driver updates, computer manufacturers, system integrators and technical experts as well. Retrieved information is presented in a logical and easily understandable form and can be exported into various types of reports.
CPU-Z is a freeware system profiler (system monitor) application for Microsoft Windows (for all versions from 95 on) that detects the central processing unit, RAM, motherboard chipset, and other hardware features of a modern personal computer, and presents the information in one window. CPU-Z is more in-depth in some areas than the features that Windows XP provides to identify various hardware components, and is thus needed to identify certain components without opening the case, especially the core revision and RAM clock rate.
GPU-Z is a lightweight system utility designed to provide vital information about your video card and graphics processor.
- Supports NVIDIA, AMD, ATI and Intel graphics devices
- Displays adapter, GPU and display information
- Displays overclock, default clocks and 3D clocks (if available)
- Includes a GPU load test to verify PCI-Express lane configuration
- Validation of results
- GPU-Z can create a backup of your graphics card BIOS
- No installation required, optional installer is available
- Support for Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 (both 32 and 64 bit versions are supported)
CrystalDiskInfo is a HDD/SSD utility software which supports S.M.A.R.T.
It shows the health status much more clearly than similar tools.
The "Function / Graph" is especially interesting for the "Reallocated Sectors Count". If it increases over time or is very high already, the hard drive may need to be replaced. More than 30 languages.
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions: -Benchmark: measures the performance, -Info: shows detailed information, -Health: checks the health status by using SMART, -Error Scan: scans the surface for errors, -Temperature display, HD Tune may also work with other storage devices such as memory cards, USB sticks, iPods, etc.
TestDisk is a powerful free data recovery software! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting a Partition Table). Partition table recovery using TestDisk is really easy.