Total Commander is a shareware Orthodox File Manager (OFM) for Windows. Some features include a built-in FTP client, file compare, archive file navigation, and a multi-rename tool with regular expression support.
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions
- And many more!
WinCDEmu is an open-source CD/DVD/BD emulator - a tool that allows you to mount optical disc images by simply clicking on them in Windows Explorer. If you have downloaded an ISO image and want to use it without burning it to a blank disc, WinCDEmu is the easiest way to do it.
- One-click mounting of ISO, CUE, NRG, MDS/MDF, CCD, IMG images.
- Supports unlimited amount of virtual drives.
- Runs on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions from XP to Windows 10.
- Allows creating ISO images through a context menu in Explorer.
- Small installer size - less than 2MB!
- Does not require rebooting after installation.
- A special portable version is available.
- Translated to more than 20 languages.
- Does not occupy drive letters when not used.
- Supports data, DVD-video and BD-video images.
- WinCDEmu is free for any kind of use - it is licensed under LGPL
Translations: WinCDEmu supports various UI languages through the LNG files maintained by the community. You can download the latest language files or submit your own translation in the Online Translation System.
Double Commander is a cross-platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- Multi-rename tool
- Custom columns
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax highlighting
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- All operations working in the background
- Extended search function with full-text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX, and WLX plug-ins support
Written in Lazarus
7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio.
The main features of 7-Zip
High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression Supported formats: Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z. For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats Self-extracting capability for 7z format Integration with Windows Shell Powerful File Manager Powerful command line version Plugin for FAR Manager Localizations for 87 languages
7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT. There is a port of the command line version to Linux/Unix and macOS.
When you need to organize files, DropIt can eliminate much of the drudgery of searching and manually opening folders and moving files around.
You can configure DropIt to perform 17 different actions on your files and folders, filtering files by name, directory, size, date, properties, content or regular expressions. You can even save sets of associations in profiles and associate a profile to each desired folder, to scan monitored folders at a defined time interval.
Drop a group of different files and folders on the floating DropIt image and it sorts them to defined destination folders, compresses or extracts them, opens them with associated programs or performs other defined actions.
Automated organization for your Mac.
Hazel watches whatever folders you tell it to, automatically organizing your files according to the rules you create. Have Hazel move files around based on name, date, type, what site it came from and much more. Automatically sort your movies or file your bills. Keep your files off the desktop and put them where they belong.
More Than Just Filing
Hazel can open, archive, tag and even upload. You can have Hazel rename your files or sort them into subfolders based on name, date or whatever combination of attributes you choose. Coupled with Hazel’s powerful pattern matching, you can create workflows to process your files, your way.
Taking Out The Trash
Have Hazel keep your trash in check, deleting files that are too old or clearing things out when the trash gets too big. Also, when you delete applications, they can leave behind support files that never get cleaned up. With Hazel’s App Sweep, Hazel will detect when you throw an application away, search for its support files and offer to throw those away as well.
Spotlight integration. Photos, Music & TV importing. Notifications. Tags. AppleScript & Automator. Hazel provides deep support for macOS technologies, leveraging everything your system has to offer.
Keep your desktop or any other folder on your hard drive organized and under control with Belvedere, an automated Windows file management tool. Use Belvederes friendly interface to create advanced rules to move, copy, delete, rename, or open files based on their name, extension, size, creation date, and more.
Create simple drag-n-drop windows to quickly copy or move files. After dropping files or folders onto a Drop Zone window, a menu of paths you've configured will pop up, allowing you to quickly copy or move files to those destinations. To create multiple drop zones, simply make copies of the DropZone.exe and rename them to something unique e.g. DropZone1.exe, DropZone2.exe, etc. Each drop zone can be configured independently of the others.
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service which enables user cloud storage, file sharing and collaborative editing.
Google Drive incorporates the Google Docs suite, a collaborative office suite of productivity applications that offers:
- Google Docs , a word processor;
- Google Sheets , a spreadsheet application;
- Google Slides , a presentation program;
- Google Drawings , a graphics application;
- Google Forms , a form designer.
Google Drive gives you access to your work from anywhere, across your Mac, PC, mobile devices and on the web. Simply download Drive on your Mac or PC to sync files from your computer to the cloud. Update a file on one device and changes are automatically saved to Drive and your other device, so you have the most up-to-date version of your files wherever you need them.
Bring your work to life : Share files or whole folders with individuals, your entire team or even customers and partners. In the Docs, Sheets and Slides editors multiple people can work on the same document at the same time
Buy what you need & grow flexibly : Start with up to 15 GB of included storage for each of your users. Need more? For as little as $4/month for 20GB, administrators can centrally purchase and manage up to 16TB (Yes, that’s 16,000 GB!) of additional storage for each user.
Syncrify is an ideal remote backup solution for individuals as well as corporate users, offering a cost-effective way to quickly and easily backup files of any type and size to any machine running a variety of operating systems.
One of the biggest challenge faced by companies using service-based online backups is privacy. Syncrify allow you to create a private-cloud within your company. This means backed up files remain within your network, mitigating privacy concerns that usually arise from outsourcing backed up data to online service providers and no 3rd party will ever has access to them. HTTPS ensures the communication channel between client and server is secure. Actual file transfers as well as any administrative task can be optionally encrypted using SSL. A self-signed SSL certificate comes bundled with the product that gets you up and running within minutes.
Unlike most backup software, Syncrify is a Multi-Tier backup system that significantly boosts performance when backing up data to a remote machine. Click here for more information.
Bulk Rename Utility is a free file renaming software for Windows. Bulk Rename Utility allows you to easily rename files and entire folders based upon extremely flexible criteria.
Add date/time stamps, replace numbers, insert text, convert case, add auto-numbers, process folders and sub-folders....plus a whole lot more!
Anti-Twin is a small software application which compares files, i.e. it searches for duplicate or similar files on your hard disk drive. All similar or identical files that were found can either be sent to the recycle bin or directly deleted. This will increase the hard disk space on your computer.
"Everything" is an administrative tool that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on local or removable NTFS volumes on your computer (hence the name "Everything"), and on mapped network drives with ETP server and an everything installation too. You type in a search filter to limit what files and folders are displayed. 19 languages supported.
How can "Everything" index a mapped network drive? To search a networked computer you will need to run Everything on both computers. One computer will need to Start an ETP server. The other computer will need to connect to that ETP server.
To start an ETP server:
- In Everything, On the Tools menu, click Start ETP server.
To connect to an ETP server:
- In Everything, On the Tools menu, click Connect to ETP Server....
- Type in the ETP server name.
- Type in the ETP server port.
- Type in the ETP server user.
- Type in the ETP server password.
- Click OK.
File Converter is a very simple tool which allows you to convert and compress one or several file(s) using the context menu in Windows Explorer.
It supports a lot of different file formats:
Audio From: 3gp, aiff, ape, avi, bik, cda, flac, flv, m4a, mkv, mov, mp3, mp4, oga, ogg, wav, webm, wma, wmv To: flac, aac, ogg, mp3, wav
Video: From: 3gp, avi, bik, flv, gif, m4v, mkv, mp4, mpeg, mov, ogv, webm, wmv To: webm, mkv, mp4, avi, gif
Image & Document: From: bmp, exr, ico, jpg, jpeg, png, psd, svg, tiff, tga, pdf To: png, jpg, ico, gif
Document: From: bmp, exr, ico, jpg, jpeg, png, psd, svg, tiff, tga To: pdf
Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted from your iPod, or by bugs, crashes and viruses!
It is a free tool to delete files blocked by something you do not know. LockHunter is useful for fighting against malware, and other programs that are blocking files without a reason. Unlike other similar tools it deletes files into the recycle bin so you may restore them if deleted by mistake. Integrates into Explorer menu. At the moment LockHunter is in beta stage. So use it with care!
- Shows processes locking a file or folder.
- Gives you detailed information on the process.
- Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file.
- Can delete a file at next OS restart.
- Allows to kill locking process.
- Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive.
- Can unload DLLs from processes.
- Integrates in to Explorer menu.
- It deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake.
Eraser is an advanced security tool (for Windows), which allows you to completely remove sensitive data from your hard drive by overwriting it several times with carefully selected patterns.
The Hydrus network client is a desktop application written for Anonymous and other internet-fluent media nerds who have large image/swf collections. It organises your files into an internal database and browses them with tags instead of folders, a little like a *booru on your desktop. Tags and files can be anonymously shared through custom servers that any user may run. Everything is free, and the source code is included with the release. It is developed mostly for Windows, but fairly functional builds for Linux and OS X are available.
The software is constantly being improved. I try to put out a new release every Wednesday by 8pm Eastern.
Currently importable filetypes are: images - jpg, gif (including animated), png (including animated!), tiff, webp, bmp video - webm, mp4, mpeg, avi, mov, mkv, flv, wmv audio - mp3, flac, ogg, wma misc - swf, pdf, psd, zip, rar, 7z
Audio is not well supported yet, but for anything that doesn't work, you can easily launch any file in your default program from inside the client.
The program's emphasis is on your freedom. There is no DRM, no phoning home, no censorship.
If you would like to try the program, I highly recommend you check out the help. A copy is included with the release as well.
Directory Opus provides a complete replacement for Explorer with far more power and functionality than any other file manager available today.
There are far too many features to list them all here, but to name a few:
- Single or dual file displays, with single or dual trees, make navigating and manipulating files a breeze
- Folder tabs let you keep multiple folders open and switch quickly between them
- Unique Explorer Replacement mode provides a full replacement for Windows Explorer
- Integrated viewer pane lets you preview many common image and document file formats
- View and edit file metadata (EXIF, MP3, PDF, etc)
- Sorting, grouping, filtering and searching has never been easier
- Color code or assign status icons, star ratings, tags and descriptions to your files and folders to make them easier to find
- Batch renaming including easy-to-use keyboard macros, and the option for a fully scripted rename using metadata
- Support for FTP, Zip, 7-Zip, RAR and many other archive formats
- Access content on portable devices like phones, tablets and cameras
- Built-in tools including synchronize, duplicate file finder, image converter and uploader and more
- Print or export folder listings, copy file listings to the clipboard, calculate folder sizes
- Queue multiple file copies for improved performance
- Support for CD/DVD burning
- Support for the latest Windows features including jumplists and indexed search
- Fully configurable user interface - colors, fonts, toolbars, keyboard hotkeys and much more can be tailored to suit your needs
- Full scripting interface supports VBScript, JScript or any compatible installed Active Scripting language
- Efficient, multi-threaded, modern design - native 32 and 64 bit versions
- Supports high DPI monitors natively - crisp, clear interface in 4K or 5K without blurring or tiny icons
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 (including Server versions)