Write. Don't stop. If you stop typing for more than five minutes, all progress will be lost.
Urge yourself to get your words on the screen without succumbing to procrastination by using customizable visual stimuli as either a deterrent or a reward. Turn on reward mode, stimulus mod, or one of two consequence modes - kamikaze mode or startle mode--to spur your writing spree.
Other features include persistent, resetable writing stats (including average words per minute, total all time word count, and high scores), a simplified saving system and set and forget auto saving to ensure that you won't lose your writing, a sleek new user interface, a words-per-minute speedometer to give you a real-time readout of your current productivity, and extra-fine controls to customize your writing experience.
The world is a hive of distractions, multi-tasking, and cultural ADD. Many have sat down to write, only to find hours have vanished with nothing to show but a trail of browser tabs and Wiki pages. Flowstate challenges the writer to turn on, tune in, and block out. It is a digital tool developed from ancient writing disciplines.
Collaborative writing - done differently. Unleash your creativity with us. Story Wars is a place where random writers with amazing ideas in their head come to express their thoughts.
Any person can pitch an idea and create a story, but the moment the story is published, it is no longer truly theirs, but it is adopted by the Story Wars Community. Different users can write a chapter to a story that they like and want to contribute to. The twist is that for your chapter to be official, it has to be voted in. By going up against different authors, you actually have to try. Because of that, you slowly start to become a better writer.
If you want to stop writing a certain book, you can. You can leave it in the hands of the community, and watch it flourish into something beautiful.
In short, Story Wars is a place that challenges you to be the best that you can be, while having fun and enjoying the experience.
GROW YOUR MANUSCRIPT YOUR WAY Tailor-made for long writing projects, Scrivener banishes page fright by allowing you to compose your text in any order, in sections as large or small as you like. Got a great idea but don't know where it fits? Write when inspiration strikes and find its place later. Grow your manuscript organically, idea by idea.
SEE THE FOREST OR THE TREE Whether you plan or plunge, Scrivener works your way: hammer out every last detail before typing a word, or carve out a draft and restructure later. Or mix your methods and do a bit of both. In Scrivener, everything you write is integrated into an easy-to-use project outline. So working with an overview of your manuscript is only ever a click away, and turning Chapter Four into Chapter One is as simple as drag and drop.
RESEARCH WITHIN REACH Need to refer to research? In Scrivener, your background material is always at hand, and you can open it right next to your work. Write a description based on a photograph. Transcribe an interview. Take notes about a PDF file or web page. Or check for consistency by referencing an earlier chapter alongside the one in progress.
GETTING IT OUT THERE Once you're ready to share your work with the world, compile everything into a single document for printing, self-publishing, or exporting to popular formats such as Word, PDF, Final Draft or plain text. You can even share using different formatting, so that you can write in your favorite font and still satisfy those submission guidelines.
- Familiar Text Editing
- Formatting Presets
- Import: Word documents, plain text files, Final Draft scripts, images, PDF documents, movies, sound files and web pages.
- Templates and Icons
- Tools for Non-Fiction
- View Documents Side by Side
- Full-Screen Writing
- ...and more!
Linux appimage available at https://www.wayoflinux.com/blog/scrivener-returns
Based on the Firefox engine, supports standards, visual storyboarding, production scheduling, publication & international languages MUI support. Free tutorials, videos & wiki are available from the site. There is a very helpful community too.
Portable versions: jacob-koehler.de/projekte/portable-celtx/en/ freesmug.org/portableapps:celtx portableapps.com/node/20566
Screenwriting Celtx uses an industry standard screenwriting editor typical for screenplays, stageplays, AV scripts, comic books or radio plays. Celtx also includes a rich text editor for outlines. Celtx also incorporates LaTeX in its Typeset feature which allows for more flexible templates & printing options. Project collaboration, management & storage Celtx offers a web service called Celtx Studios for advanced project collaboration & online file storage.
Publishing Scripts can be uploaded to the Celtx Forum for public viewing, peer reviews & commentary.
Scheduling Celtx utilizes the open source Mozilla Sunbird to handle calendaring & production scheduling.
Elements Celtx features thirty-five different elements, such as Actor or Special Effects, that can be added to the project. These elements can have various information added to them, such as media or text. Celtx allows directors & writers to easily tag elements within each script. These tagged elements can then be automatically transferred to a script breakdown which allows production staffers to easily know what elements the script calls for.
Storyboarding Celtx allows people to create storyboard sequences, which can be printed or played using Celtx's built-in image viewer. These are also available to view on a project's website & can be played inside the browser.
Sketch Tool The Sketch tool can be used to draw a sketch or setup which can also be added to your storyboard. The Sketch tool includes pre-loaded icons for cameras, lights & people that can be tagged with text & tools for drawing lines, arrows, shapes & text.
Hemingway App makes your writing bold and clear. The Hemingway Editor for Mac and PC highlights common errors. Use it to catch wordy sentences, adverbs, passive voice, and dull, complicated words.
For Mac users to write without distractions. WriteRoom is a full screen writing environment. Unlike the cluttered word processors you're used to, WriteRoom lets you focus on writing. Requires Mac OS X 10.7+
Paragraphs is an app just for writers. It was built for one thing and one thing only: writing. It gives you everything you need to create brilliant prose and does away with the rest.
Everything in context. Don't stress trying to memorize confusing markup. Paragraphs' quick context menu provides simple, easy-to-use formatting options right where you need them.
Focus on what you do best. Gone are the complicated menus and distracting widgets of traditional word processors. When you begin typing in Paragraphs the interface melts away and you're left with only what you write.
Sensible Settings. Paragraphs features multiple layout and font styles that look great by default. There's also Dark Mode, for a comfortable writing experience at night.
Quoll Writer's interface is focused on what matters, your words. Controls are where you would expect them to be. It employs a familiar tabbed interface to allow you to work on multiple chapters and assets at once.
Just like the real world, the world you create is full of characters, locations and items, Quoll Writer lets you easily create and manage those assets.
Remembering what happened when, where and between whom is problematic when you're 50,000 words into a story you've been working on for months. Quoll Writer allows you to annotate the text with plot outline items for key story points and scenes for structure.
We all have phrases and constructs that we use and wish we didn't. The problem finder can help improve the quality of your writing but it is there to help not instruct.
As you would expect Quoll Writer has a built in spell checker, it can be turned on or off in a single click.
More is not always better but knowing how much is vital. At the click of a button you can find out how many words your story has and how much you have written in the current session.
The Idea Board allows you to quickly record and organize your ideas. You can add new types of ideas, rate ideas, sort them and convert them into assets or chapters.
We all need to practice our writing (well nearly all of us), a warm-up can help you limber up before you start on your current project or just with practice. Do you have writer's block? Do you want some new ideas? A warm-up will help and with nearly 300 prompts to choose from there is sure to be something for everyone.
No one wants to be distracted when writing and let's face it computers are a veritable pandora's box of distractions. Quoll Writer's full screen mode, accessible at the touch of a button, will help keep you focused and on track.
To make getting started easier Quoll Writer supports importing your existing projects from Microsoft docx files. Export your project to docx, html, epub and pdf formats.
Trelby is simple, fast and elegantly laid out to make screenwriting simple. It is infinitely configurable.
- Screenplay editor: Enforces correct script format and pagination, auto-completion, and spell checking.
- Multiplatform : Behaves identically on all platforms, generating the exact same output.
- Choice of view: Multiple views, including draft view, WYSIWYG mode, and fullscreen to suit your writing style.
- Name database: Character name database containing over 200,000 names from various countries.
- Reporting: Scene/location/character/dialogue reports.
- Compare: Ability to compare scripts, so you know what changed between versions.
- Import: Formatted text, Final Draft XML (.fdx).
- Export: PDF, formatted text, HTML, RTF, Final Draft XML (.fdx).
- PDF: Built-in, highly configurable PDF generator. Supports embedding your chosen font.
- Free software: Licensed under the GPL, Trelby welcomes developers and screenwriters to contribute in making it more useful.
Ulysses is a text editor for creative writers. Used by bloggers, poets, students and published novelists all over the world, it offers an integrated environment to brainstorm, draft, revise and even submit text on a professional level.
Based around the concept of non-linear, semantic text editing, Ulysses provides a truly distraction-free and fully focused experience, without sacrificing any advanced features.
It’s got everything you expect from a modern text editor – and then some:
- Tabbed, single-window interface
- Semantic text editing
- True separation of presentation and content
- Console mode (aka “distraction-free writing environment”)
- Extensible export (PDF, DOC, RTF, TXT, HTML, ePub)
- Project-wide, term-centric search & replace
- Multiple document and project notes
- Counters for characters, words & pages
- Configurable metadata (Status, Label, Dates)
- Integrated backup
- Filters, groups and document collections
- Coherent document previews
- Text trash
- Typewriter scrolling
- Bookmarks and style-jumpers
- Project templates
- English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Hungarian and Czech localizations
Bear is a beautiful and flexible writing app for note-taking and prose, both on the go for iOS devices and for the Mac OS desktop.
- Stay organized by linking notes to each other.
- Use hashtags to organize and add context to notes.
- Notes are stored in plain text, easily portable.
- Focus mode to keep you on track.
- Advanced markdown with full in-line image support
- Powerful search to easily find notes with Search Triggers.
• Rich previews while writing so you see prose, not code • Advanced Markup Editor that supports and highlights over 20 programming languages • Use Cross-Note Links to build a body of work, quickly reference other notes, and more • Quickly add todos to individual notes to keep yourself on task • Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, and more • Smart Data Recognition of elements like links, emails, addresses, colors, and more to come • One-tap formatting on iPhone and iPad with a custom shortcut bar • Focus Mode hides notes and other options when it matters • All your notes are stored in plain text for the ultimate in portability • Effortless, secure, and private multi-device sync via iCloud • Regular updates to keep you and your writing current
FreeWriter is a fully featured writing software suite to assist in writing novels and reports.
It provides a fresh, new, graphical approach to writing.
It includes our revolutionary 'Thoughts Canvas' technology to harness your creativity - helping deliver clear, consistent, quality writing.
The word processor contains all the powerful functionality you need to format and organize documents - including
- spell checking
- full dictionary
- extensive thesaurus
- global search and replace
- automatic voice read-back
- and also speech recognition.
There are facilities to help you build out robust story elements - enabling you to profile characters, places, ideas & plot themes, each within their own module.
You are even presented with tools to enable you to set productivity targets, and plot your progress against these!
Storyline Creator is an elegant tool to write stories ranging from short stories to novels. It makes it a breeze to draft ideas and to organize your scenes, characters and researched material - so you can focus on the creativity instead of the paper war.
“A writer is a world trapped in a person.” ~Victor Hugo
- DIVE INTO YOUR WORLD
- Immerse yourself into 36 world building categories with customizable description fields.
- Use tags and track appearances to coordinate rich and complex worlds.
- DNA questions challenge you to think like your characters and go wherever they go.
- Bring your vision to life with images, and map your world with relationships between characters and places.
- Plan, Order, Reorder your Ideas Whether you are a pantzer or planner, use our “Beats Mode” to organize and access your thoughts according to your personal flow.
- Chapters and Scenes
- Notes and Summaries
- Leverage Templates
Eliminate Distractions and Focus Escape unwanted noise in distraction-free mode while still having quick access to critical world details and plot points. Get into your flow and stay there.
Take your Ideas to the Next Level with Collaboration Craft a better story by inviting others to apply their unique skillsets to the process.
Any Time, Any Place No matter when the inspiration hits, or where your process takes you, access your content via the cloud and pound out the words before they escape.
“This is a super-clean writing space with a lot of configurability that stays out of sight when you don’t need it.”
App Store Review, 2020
Craft your story. Write your novel. Dabble is software for writing novels for the desktop (Mac and Windows) and browser, syncing between computers.
A simple to use online writing environment for the high-production, creative writer. Write the way you want to write, using any approach you like in a simple, distraction-free environment. It's novel writing in the cloud.
Wordslingr is the online word processor designed for writers.
Available on all devices. Real-time collaboration. Infinite revisions. Manage multiple projects. Create snapshots for feedback.
Tablo is a community-based platform for avid readers and writers. It helps users share and discover new and interesting stories.
A tool to check creative and technical writing for potential improvements.
Highlights hard and fast rules such as:
Adverbs Filler Words Passive Voice Lexical Illusions Common Misused Words Pronouns
TheRightMargin is the world's first smart writing tool.
We use a goal-driven approach to help you finish what you write with smart suggestions, project goal breakdown, a visually delightful timeline and a beautiful writing space.
With every iteration and your support in helping us build the future of writing (building in a mobile experience and AI tech), TheRightMargin will solve writer's block forever. Help TheRightMargin become the new way to write.
-Visual progress alongside your writing
Our dynamic project timeline facilitates the writing process—helping you see and celebrate your progress. You’ll always know what you’ve accomplished, and what’s left to do—making your writing project more achievable and enjoyable.
- Smart planning and writing prompts
Our friendly, focused nudges help you build your plan—and when you’re ready to write, our smart writing prompts enable you to move your project forward and past the impediments leading to writer’s block.
-Flexible workspace adapts to your writing life
Our writing workspace focuses you on your next task, helping you retain your context. And when life gets in the way, we get you back up to speed with a single click—updating your timeline and keeping you on track toward finishing.
-Stay on track across multiple writing projects
Our tool helps you plan, capture ideas, write, and make progress across multiple projects—supporting your context, improving your focus, and maintaining constant progress.
Write distraction free, unlimited, on any computer with an internet access.
Change the look of theme background, font and color with one click, any time.
Share your writings with anyone on any device, using only a short web link (URL).
Export any text or groups of texts as PDF, DOC, HTML or TXT files.
Track the number of text characters, words, lines, reading time, and more.
Set a mark on any text in the menu, e.g. to know what you’re currently writing.
Find any text, group, or project using a smart, instant, as-you-type search.
Text is constantly saved in Version History and all edits can be accessed in one click.
Go fullscreen to turn your computer into a true, distract-free typewriter.
Auteureist is a "novel" writing application for the Apple iPhone. Can export to some desktop software, like Scrivener . The website does a great job at documenting every feature, and there are a lot. If you're curious about the features, visit the documentation on the Auteureist main site.
- Grammar checking
- Comprehensive import and export capabilities including native FinalDraft and Scrivener.
- Achievements and motivation
- Support for NaNoWriMo
- Comprehensive documentation and support sites.
- and so on.
Outline 4D is an outlining and writing program that lets you brainstorm, create, structure and organize your ideas. In addition to a traditional vertical single-pane outline format, Outline 4D has a horizontal timeline format that is an alternative to index cards, blocks, and traditional outlining systems. The Tracking Feature allows you to track anything you want in your project, as well as show connections between events and characters, objects or key words. Outline 4D is a re-branded version of StoryView.
Google Docs is an online word processor, part of Google Drive, that lets you create and format text documents and collaborate with other people in real time. Here's what you can do with Google Docs:
• Upload a Word document and convert it to a Google document. • Add flair and formatting to your documents by adjusting margins, spacing, fonts, and colors — all that fun stuff. • Invite other people to collaborate on a document with you, giving them edit, comment or view access. • Collaborate online in real time and chat with other collaborators — right from inside the document. • View your document's revision history and roll back to any previous version. • Download a Google document to your desktop as a Word, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, HTML or zip file. • Translate a document to a different language. • Email your documents to other people as attachments.
Art, humor, random generators, and other things to inspire your creativity.
A freemium website for organizing RPG campaigns.
Scabard replaces the binders GM's typically keep stuffed with all of their campaign notes.
Players are automatically notified when you update your campaign (except secrets, of course!)
Scabard is a rules neutral RPG campaign manager and planner. We have campaigns for D&D (various versions), Pathfinder, Traveller, Savage Worlds, Warhammer, and a host of others.
Realm Works is a database software and worldbuilding tool for roleplaying games.
The heart of YARPS consists of a powerful narrative database with countless customizable attributes and relationships that intelligently manages all the elements of your worlds and stories. Locations, characters, factions, creatures, items, and more are woven together by YARPS into a smart network, so you can keep track of them at all time and access an abundance of compilations and information. YARPS also allows you to plan and document the ongoing evolution of your world in your database. The YARPS network of your world enables you to comfortably combine elements to scenes, adventures, and campaigns, and depict the course of your story in timelines. While doing so, YARPS continues to automatically compile your chronicles as you mark sections of your stories accordingly. The special features include:
- the portrait generator for creating individual character portraits,
- the map manager, which provides your maps with many interactive features,
- the calendar manager, which allows you to create your own calendar and that does all the time calculations for you,
- the music manager, an innovative control of background music, where you associate elements with music to create themes for locations, characters, and other elements,
- a personal notebook to add bookmarks and personal annotations to. Finally, at the YARPS Content Hub you can trade all of YARPS’ elements with the community - from a single location to entire worlds and campaigns. The Content Hub comes with state-of-the-art search and filtering capabilities and a sophisticated rating system. Furthermore, YARPS analyzes individually for you how well the offered contents could suit your world. Right from the start, the Content Hub also offers the complete content of the Argenekon, a diverse fantasy world with numerous locations, characters, factions and stories.
StoriesOnBoard is a visual and collaborative end-to-end Product Management tool built around story mapping and designed for product teams.
StoriesOnBoard can be integrated into Jira, Azure DevOps, or Trello to take advantage of the real-time two ways synchronization to keep your progress updated at all times.
You can invite customers to take part in the planning process to build a shared understanding among all stakeholders. So you can prioritize and decide together what should go into your MVP or upcoming releases. You can even discuss the work that needs to be done over a story map to see the estimated effort for each item or to have a more dedicated focus and jump into a specific release to investigate your development further in a dedicated release view. Once all stakeholders agreed on the work, user stories or the entire release can be pushed to Jira for example. Your developers can pick up on their tasks right away and keep your backlog organized and always have a visual design in a form of a story map that everyone can understand in seconds to keep up with the user journeys and required personas as well while developing your product.
You can collect feedback and insights from your users or internal and external stakeholders that can come from many different sources. It can be user feedback, ideas from the dev team, feature requests of your clients, or insights gained from user interviews or surveys. Utilizing the StoriesOnBoard Feedback Management System you can automate product feedback sorting & management as well. It even allows you to streamline product feedback into a single repository. Then, you can convert product feedback into feature ideas, so you can develop actionable feature ideas and validate them on a public portal. Even more, after you prioritize, and as the team needs to develop your ideas, you can simply push ideas to a story map and work out your requirements or break a particular idea down into user stories that you can push to Jira for execution.
With StoriesOnBoard Roadmap capability you can plan in the short and long-term, too. The roadmap helps to keep your focus where the real actions are on a higher level. You can build release roadmaps that allow you to schedule and visualize business or feature releases on a Kanban-style roadmap. If your group features in large business releases across multiple story maps, then a portfolio roadmap helps you to create a high-level overview of your initiatives on a single roadmap and track progression effortlessly.
Join StoriesOnBoard and give a try a new experience in product development to build user-centric products that people will love.
RealtimeBoard is the simplest and versatile visual collaboration tool for teams that work in a digital environment. RealtimeBoard is perfect for remote collaboration, brainstorming, visual planning, organizing thoughts, gathering feedback and review, creating concepts and online tutoring.
More than 1 500 000 project and product managers, UX/UI designers, content creators, developers, marketers, creative agencies and design thinkers all over the world use RealtimeBoard to create Next Big Things.
Tools and features:
- Whiteboarding: infinite canvas, sticky notes, drawing, shapes, links, texts
- Collaboration: real-time collaborative editing, comments, text, voice and video chat, screen sharing
- Libraries: uploading images, pdfs, Office and Google Drive docs, mockups, tables and charts, business canvases, templates for service design PM and creative sessions.
- Sharing and export tools: invite other people via email, export boards as images and pdf files, save to Google Drive
- Visual libraries: prototyping, tables and charts, business canvases, templates for design thinking, project management, brainstorming and creative sessions.
Integrations with: Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Slack, Atlassian Jira and Confluence, Trello, Sketch, etc.
Vimeo video: https://vimeo.com/216056665
FeatureMap is a digital white board for flexible and realtime collaborative storymapping. FeatureMap - https://www.featuremap.co - embeds rich content and facilitates the transformation of storymapping / roadmapping to project management.
== Top Feature == FeatureMap - The best story mapping solution integrated with JIRA!
With FeatureMap, organize and push your project structure in JIRA. Improve project control and communication by importing JIRA projects into FEATUREMAP
== FeatureBlog ==
A blog for managing products, teams and projects. https://www.featuremap.co/blog/
bibisco is a novel writing software that helps you to write your story, in a simple way.
- bibisco is a desktop application available for Linux, MacOS and Windows in 13 languages: czech, dutch, french, german, english, italian, polish, portuguese (Brazil), portuguese (Portugal), russian, serbian, spanish, turkish.
- All that you need - with bibisco you can organize chapters and scenes, manage revisions, export novel in pdf, docx., txt, epub. And, of course, write with a fully featured text editor, also in DISTRACTION FREE mode.
- Organize your ideas - with bibisco you can create a novel structure, define premise, fabula, narrative strands and settings: geographic, temporal and social context.
- Focus on characters - your novel works if its characters are believable, that is when you understand human nature's complexity. With bibisco you can KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR CHARACTERS, in an unusual and funny way: an INTERVIEW!
- Going into the deep - with bibisco you can see how characters, locations and narrative strands are distributed chronologically and across chapters. You can keep track of the number of words and characters you've written and you can see your story represented on a TIMELINE. You can draw the relationships between characters, places and objects using the RELATIONSHIP DIAGRAM.
- Set your writing goals - with bibisco you can set your writing goals: deadline, words total, words per day and monitor the status of their achievement over time.
Welcome to Persona. No matter if you’re a Mac or a Win user, Persona will help you create the strongest character possible.
Packed inside Persona are archetypal themes—good guys and bad guys. These archetypes are described in detail: personality traits, qualities, flaws, background, occupations, and how they interact with other personalities. Whether your character is a brainiac talking fish or an outcast orphanage owner, Persona helps you explore how each one’s unique psychology and background influence their dealings and dialogue. We’ve even made it possible for you to see what happens if your character becomes corrupt and turns from hero and heroine into villain or villainess.
The archetypes in Persona consist of 16 male and 16 female personalities, each group broken down into heroes, heroines, villains and villainesses. There’s the Action Figure, who will get the job done no matter the cost, or the Companion, a caring and selfless man. When the Action Figure loses his moral compass, he turns into the Brute, ruthless and argumentative, easily despised. The Companion, when depraved, becomes the Opportunist, betraying trust and taking advantage of others. Then there’s the Caregiver, empathic and nurturing, but when corrupted she becomes the Distracted Mother, antagonistic and disinterested.
Don’t be fooled by Persona’s spartan looks. Both the Mac and Windows version is designed to keep you focused on the task of developing your character. You can create Smart Groups based on attributes like tags, type, sex, or any word or phrase from your notes. If you’re not sure how your characters will fit together, you can construct ad hoc groups of characters without a defined relationship, in order to explore interactions. We’ve included a Names database with over 16,000 names and their origins that you can select from, or you can add your own.
Characters and stories planner
Typora gives you a seamless experience as both a reader and a writer. It removes the preview window, mode switcher, syntax symbols of markdown source code, and all other unnecessary distractions. Instead, it provides a real live preview feature to help you concentrate on the content itself.
Typora allows you to manage your files easily, providing both file tree panel and articles (file list) side panel. Fell free to organize files in your own way, including putting in sync services, like Dropbox or iCloud.
Automatically see the Outline structure of your documents in outline panel, which allows you to quickly go through the document and jump to any section with one click.
Import & Export
Export to PDF with bookmarks. Go further and export or import. More formats, including docx, OpenOffice, LaTeX, MediaWiki, Epub, etc, can be exported or imported.
See how large your document is in words, characters, lines, or reading minutes.
Focus Mode & TypeWriter Mode
Focus mode helps you focus only on the current line, by blurring the others. Typewriter mode always keeps the currently active line in the middle of the window.
Auto complete pair of brackets and quotes like a code editor. Also, There's also an option to auto pair markdown symbols, like * or _.
FocusWriter is a fullscreen, distraction-free word processor designed to immerse you as much as possible in your work. The program autosaves your progress, and reloads the last files you had open to make it easy to jump back in during your next writing session, and has many other features that make it such that only one thing matters: your writing.
Nuclino is a unified workspace where teams can bring all their knowledge, docs, and projects together in one place. It’s a modern, simple, and blazingly fast way to collaborate, without the chaos of files and folders, context switching, or silos.
Nuclino is trusted by over 12,000 teams and companies across the world.
The key to good writing is not that magical glass of Bordeaux, the right kind of tobacco or that groovy background music. The key is focus. What you need to write well is a spartan setting that allows you to fully concentrate on your text and nothing but your text. Many professional writers use SimpleText or Textedit because these are the only writing programs that are totally distraction free. But text editors are not perfect. That's why we made Writer.
WordPress is software designed for everyone, emphasizing accessibility, performance, security, and ease of use. We believe great software should work with minimum set up, so you can focus on sharing your story, product, or services freely. The basic WordPress software is simple and predictable so you can easily get started. It also offers powerful features for growth and success.
We believe in democratizing publishing and the freedoms that come with open source. Supporting this idea is a large community of people collaborating on and contributing to this project. The WordPress community is welcoming and inclusive. Our contributors’ passion drives the success of WordPress which, in turn, helps you reach your goals.
Persona is an innovative character development tool for fiction writers. Persona aids you in crafting archetypal themed characters and plots by using time-honored psychological principles to describe the motivations and interactions between different characterizations of people. Whether your story's hero is a brainiac talking fish or your villainess is an outcast orphanage owner, Persona helps you explore how each character's unique psychology and background influences their dealings and dialogue. Readers long for engrossing, character-driven narratives, but even the most experienced storytellers struggle to create strong, compelling characters. Persona is a unique and inspiring app that helps you organize and centralize your character data. Categorize characters by archetypes, fill in crucial background data, and more. If lack of inspiration is hurting your craft, you need a creative kick-start.
oStorybook is a free, open source novel-writing software for creative writers, novelists and authors which will help you to keep an overview of multiple plot-lines while writing texts.
A new screenwriting experience brought to you by Amazon Studios. Write your screenplay and focus on the story with features like auto-formatting, offline writing, and import/export in your favorite file formats. Keep your scripts safe with unlimited, secure storage in the cloud. When you’re finished writing your screenplays, you can submit them directly to Amazon Studios for consideration!
• Auto-formatting does the work for you • Store your scripts securely and access them anywhere with unlimited cloud storage • Write your screenplays online and offline • Import and export your screenplays in PDF, FDX, and Fountain formats • Submit your finished screenplay to Amazon Studios for consideration