Live is software for creating musical ideas, turning them into finished songs, and even taking them onto the stage.
With two views - the classic Arrangement View, where musical ideas are laid out along a timeline, and the unique Session View, where you can improvise and quickly experiment with musical ideas - Live is a fast, fun, intuitive way to make music.
What's new: The latest version of Live comes with everything from workflow enhancements to audio improvements. Simpler has been completely rebuilt with a new interface, warping, slicing, and new analog-modeled filters, which have also been added to Sampler, Operator, and Auto Filter. Improved waveforms and meters give you a better look at the details of your music. And a new technology called Link works under the hood, allowing you to instantly play in perfect sync with multiple instances of Live as well as a growing number of iOS apps.
Create: No matter how you start your music, Live offers a workflow that will help you get going. Record audio or MIDI from any source. Mix and match loops and samples from any tempo. Work with a huge range of included sounds, instruments, and effects.
Finish: Live helps you get from a collection of musical ideas to a finished song. With extensive editing workflows, great sounding EQs and compressors, great looking meters and waveforms, and fast, flexible exporting options, Live gives you everything you need to get music done.
Perform: Take your music out of the studio and onto the stage, with Live’s powerful performance workflows. Since Live handles keeping everything in time, you can play hardware or software instruments, trigger loops, process audio from other musicians, and focus on making music.
Luppp is a music creation tool, intended for live use. The focus is on real time processing and a fast, intuitive workflow. With extensive MIDI mapping support, you can get looping just how you like!
Make music online with a powerful set of tools ranging from synthesizers and samplers to mixers, delays, reverb and much more. AudioTool is an advanced, collaborative DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) built for the browser. With the flexibility of modular routing and an ever increasing arsenal of sound generators and effects, musicians and sound designers can create practically any sound they can imagine. Combined with a full-fledged social network, it's everything a music creator needs to compose, get valuable feedback and reach an enthusiastic fan base to drive them forward with their music skills.
- Browser based: no download, get started right away, projects are stored in the cloud.
- Unlimited tracks (as much as your browser can handle).
- Large array of commercial quality sound generators comprising classic devices like TB-303, TR-808 and TR-909, other classic and modern synth types and a full featured sampler.
- Equally matched arsenal of effects including basics like filter, flanger and chorus, more advanced tools like comb filter and waveshaper and even mastering tools like single and multi-band compressor and graphical EQ.
- Modular routing offers unlimited flexibility for sound designers.
- MIDI integration and MIDI tools including arpeggiator and note splitter for note distribution.
- Learn the basics or discover valuable tricks by remixing other people's tracks.
- Access a massive archive of synth and other presets or create and share your own.
- Collaborative environment lets you easily work with others.
- Integrated social network: find and follow other musicians, garner feedback and build a fan base of your own.
LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio , which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. You can have fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more; all in a user-friendly and modern interface.
Ardour is a hard disk recorder and digital audio workstation application. It runs on GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. Ardour's intention is to provide digital audio workstation software suitable for professional use.
NOTE: Ardour source code is freely available but pre-built binaries are commercial free-libre software: users who download from ardour.org are asked to pay at least $1 for downloading pre-built binaries; those users then have the right to obtain minor updates until the next major release. Another option is to subscribe, paying $1, $4 or $10 per month. Subscribers can download prebuilt binaries of all updates during the subscription period.