macOS is a Unix-based operating system, developed and marketed by Apple Inc. It is designed to run on Macintosh computers, having been pre-installed on all Macs since 2002. Within the market of home computers, and by web usage, macOS is the second most widely used desktop OS after Windows.
macOS Catalina gives you more of everything you love about Mac. Experience three all-new media apps: Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Podcasts. Locate a missing Mac with the new Find My app. And now coming to Mac, your favorite iPad apps. You can even extend your desktop using iPad as a second display. Now you can take everything you do above and beyond.
• Stream and download over 50 million songs with an Apple Music subscription.
• Access the iTunes Store to purchase songs or albums.
• Find all the music you’ve purchased, downloaded, or imported from CDs organized in the improved library.
• Buy or rent the latest movie releases.
• Subscribe to Apple TV channels to watch popular shows on demand and ad-free, online or off.
• Start watching on one device and pick up where you left off on any of your other devices.
• Find podcasts by title, topic, guest, host, and content.
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts to receive the latest episodes automatically.
• Begin listening to an episode on your Mac, then seamlessly resume on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch when you’re on the go.
App Store with Apple Arcade
• Play 100+ groundbreaking new games with one subscription — no ads or additional purchases.
• Browse the latest games, personalized recommendations, and exclusive editorial content in the all-new Arcade tab on the App Store.
• Expand your Mac workspace by using your iPad as a second display.
• Place one app on each screen, or put your main canvas on your Mac and your tools and palettes on your iPad.
• Use Apple Pencil for tablet input when using your favorite creative pro Mac apps.