The AI advantage tools_all
A list of AI tools that I've been collecting since mid-February 2023 that I actually use. For more information you can continue reading this first or skip to read the list first and then come back (recommended). If you enjoy this list please give it a heart 💗, thanks!
This list is made to give you a comprehensive list to give you a competitive advantage with AI. It's been selected from more than 130 tools, including Github repos, news from Twitter (it's been so much), using platforms recommendations especially made for AI tools (There's an AI for that, etc) and Youtube videos from AI youtubers that I trust and some blogs from AI developers and researchers and people who I think know their stuff.
In this intro it's a bit of a review and the general list is more or less a ranking, however beware of classification grouping ie beta.character AI is way better with direct interaction with the user and storytelling: better than ChatGPT and Bing (Bing is creative and useful for this, but the 20 messages limit per chat makes it no good for storytelling or general creative long tasks). but in the Altertive Tool list is placed lower because it's not general purpose or doesn't have much range yet. Or take Midjourney which is the best tool ever for image generation but is much later in the list because it's especialized.
I will be updating this list when I see more capabilities and maturing between the tools; ie Google Bard is not here because it's still underdeveloped for common daily use, or video AI tooling since it's a bit hacky yet, still to be decided a clear winner between the AI community and those kind of reasons.
Apart from general purpose this list is also directed to software developers.
Problem solving and general purpose (google replacement, the most mature chats yet):
- ChatGPT used instead of googling and general debugging and for my college classes and some errors when developing software, software documentation and code syntax.
- Perplexity used to search for information that requires finding specific links since ChatGPT allucinates links, quite handy extension since you can click in any website sits on the chrome toolbar (pinning it is very recommended), it saves your chats and you can continue where you left off, doesn't have a message limit per chat (I had an specific chat that has more than 110 messages without counting Perplexity answers), has login account, good and pretty UI. It also has an specific button to quickly summarize the website you're in. ask your questions page scope wide, website scop wide and in all the internet (default).
- Bing AI chat: Quite good, why 3rd place then? it's just that i'm used to chrome lol (i have so many extensions to export and other unrelated reasons), and now Bing chat has from May 4, 2023 and forwards chat history! (main reason I didn't use it often), so I'm very willing on using Bing AI again. pretty and good UI. the sources and where everything comes from has a positive edge over ChatGPT, while browsing you can ask info about the website you're in. handy toggleable sidebar for Bing AI in Microsoft Edge Dev
- You.com chat: I use this especifically to search book recommendations, know where to get technical documentation and general media recommendations since ChatGPT will give you more generic recommendations and it's not that much technical unless you discuss with it (it feels so bad call ChatGPT "it" X'D) more or less extensively (so you have to have a required higher knowledge to know). The advantage that You.com AI chat has it's that can read index context for example you're searching for a book or documentation, however the thing you're searching for doesn't appear on the title it instead would be the chapter of a book You.com chat will give you the result you want, Perplexity will tell you that such book doesn't exist and ChatGPT is possible set to allucination or give you something less precise. With YouChat it's much less effort and words to get the book rec you want, ChatGPT it's also more prone to allucinate title books with the requirements you give it or to allucinate Github repositories for that matter -_- . I don't use YouChat as much as I like though (i don't want to use that many different chats y'know) and I think ChatGPT or the above options are still better (ie usually Perplexity or Bing AI will give you more sources of information and still give you a cohesive and comprehensive answer, you.com chat will give you one source only if you give it an apparently simple ask), it's been some time since I've use it. Still put it here since I think it's a mature option compared to the rest and some might be interested in it. the UI is good but I think it could be better.
Between these 4 I would say you have two main routes: combine ChatGPT with Perplexity (because of link allucination) OR choose Bing AI since Bing gives accurate links and has a pretty good creative problem solving. try what works best for you, also I can't wait for Bing to augment more than 20 messages >:D
Coding (haven't used these 2 options as much since I usually still ask ChatGPT for code related asks / prompts):
- Github Copilot ($10 per calendar month)
- Amazon CodeWhisperer (it's free but needs your credit card to corroborate you're a real person)
AI tool recommendation platforms:
- There's An AI For That: Most extensive one AI tool recommendation platform that I've found yet, and always early to list the new AI tools, think UI could be better. but almost every tool is there (most of exceptions are some Github repositories with less than 1000 stars specifically for software developers so... ).
- AiToolHunt: also has tons of tools, nice tagging and very pretty UI
Other notable AI tools:
- Midjourney: best AI image generation yet.
- Wiseone: Handy extension it highlights not common terms on the dictionary like technical terms, names of companies, etc. You use it by hovering over the highlighted words, if it's an event or news it gives you the last ones and more relevants. Useful for not manully searching specific words and have a more linear reading experience instead of multiple tabs on the web.
ChatGPT is a powerful language model developed by OpenAI that is specifically designed for generating human-like text in response to user input. It is built on the GPT-3 architecture, which allows it to generate high-quality text in a variety of styles and formats. Unlike many other language models, ChatGPT is designed to be highly interactive, making it suitable for use in chatbots, dialogue systems, and other applications that require real-time, natural language generation. Additionally, ChatGPT has been trained on a massive amount of diverse data, allowing it to generate text that is both fluent and relevant to a wide range of topics. (This description was generated by it.)
Bing (formerly Live Search, Windows Live Search, and MSN Search) is the current web search engine (advertised as a "decision engine") from Microsoft.
Bing is a search engine that finds and organizes the answers you need so you can make faster, more informed decisions.
Notable changes include the listing of search suggestions in real time as queries are entered and a list of related searches (called "Explorer pane" on the left side of search results) based on semantic technology from Powerset, which Microsoft purchased in 2008. Bing also includes the ability to Save & Share search histories via Windows Live SkyDrive, Facebook and email.
GitHub Copilot leverages the power of OpenAI Codex to provide real-time suggestions for code and complete functions, all within your editor. With its training on vast amounts of code, GitHub Copilot translates natural language prompts into coding suggestions across multiple programming languages.
Its primary goal is to enable you to focus on solving significant problems rather than getting caught up in creating repetitive or boilerplate code patterns. By simply describing the logic you need, GitHub Copilot instantly offers code suggestions to implement the desired solution. These AI-based recommendations are tailored to your project's context and adhere to its style conventions. You can swiftly navigate through lines of code, explore complete function suggestions, and decide which ones to accept, modify, or disregard.
GitHub Copilot seamlessly integrates with popular editors such as Neovim, JetBrains IDEs, Visual Studio, and Visual Studio Code, delivering a fast and efficient coding experience as you type. It allows you to code with confidence in unfamiliar territories, whether you're venturing into a new programming language, framework, or simply learning to code. By utilizing GitHub Copilot, you can efficiently tackle bugs or grasp the usage of a new framework without spending excessive time digging through documentation or searching the web.
Amazon CodeWhisperer is a general purpose, machine learning-powered code generator that provides you with code recommendations in real time. As you write code, CodeWhisperer automatically generates suggestions based on your existing code and comments. Your personalized recommendations can vary in size and scope, ranging from a single line comment to fully formed functions. CodeWhisperer can also scan your code to highlight and define security issues.
Get more done faster CodeWhisperer is trained on billions of lines of code and can generate code suggestions ranging from snippets to full functions in real time based on your comments and existing code. Bypass time-consuming coding tasks and accelerate building with unfamiliar APIs.
Code with confidence CodeWhisperer can flag or filter code suggestions that resemble open-source training data. Get the associated open-source project’s repository URL and license so that you can more easily review them and add attribution.
Enhance code security Scan your code to detect hard-to-find vulnerabilities, and get code suggestions to remediate them immediately. Align to best practices for tackling security vulnerabilities, such as those outlined by Open Worldwide Application Security Project (OWASP), or those that don't meet crypto library best practices and other similar security best practices.
Perplexity AI is an answer engine that delivers accurate answers to complex questions using large language models. Ask is powered by large language models and search engines. Accuracy is limited by search results and AI capabilities.
Tired of your search engine feeding you the results it wants you to see? With You.com Search Engine & Browser, you control your search – your sources, privacy, and time. Choose the sources you want to see and how private you want to be.
What you’ll love about You.com Search Engine & Browser • You.com offers private search: no ads, tracking or data sharing in any mode. • Create an account to personalize your search engine with 150+ apps like StackOverflow, Medium, Twitter to more. • Choose how you want to search the web: private search or personal search mode. • In personal mode, cutting-edge technology surfaces your favorite apps at the top of your search results, saving you time. • In private mode, access zero-trace private search where nothing is stored. • In either mode, You.com Search Engine & Browser displays results from the web and 100s of independent apps to show you every slice of the internet and find the highest quality results. • The multi-dimensional interface with horizontal and vertical scrolling lets you discover more in less time. • New app categories (developer, recipe, learning, how-to, and more) are always being added, so you can expand your knowledge.
You.com Search Engine & Browser lets you search it all — Download today!
Add You.com Search Engine & Browser to your shortcuts bar to find more online.
Hugging Face is now using these servers for its first potentially massive project: HuggingChat is intended to be the first true open-source alternative to OpenAI’s ChatGPT.
HuggingChat is based on Open Assistant.io, a project launched last December as an open-source competitor to ChatGPT. A chat interface similar to HuggingChat has been freely available since mid-April 2023. HuggingChat can handle many of the tasks ChatGPT can, like writing code, drafting emails and composing rap lyrics.
Engage in open-ended conversations and collaborations with AI-based characters and create your own characters for yourself and others to enjoy. Character.ai is a social platform for creating and interacting with advanced AI chatbots.
Midjourney is a research lab and the name of the lab's artificial intelligence program that creates images from textual descriptions, similar to OpenAI's DALL-E. The tool is currently in open beta. The program was used by the British magazine The Economist to create the front cover for an issue in June 2022.
The Midjourney team is led by David Holz, who co-founded Leap Motion.
Wiseone is a browser extension that offers a new way of reading and exploring information online. Our new AI-powered browser extension enriches your online reading experience by helping you simplify information, effortlessly master any subject you're reading and have easier access to factual information. Our solution offers four main features : Discover that helps you understand complex concepts and words on an article online to master 100% of what you are reading. Cross-checking that helps you verify facts with different sources talking about the same subject. Summarize that helps you read more efficiently without losing information by providing key information to remember. And Suggestions that provides a list of articles from diverse sources to deepen your understanding of a given subject.
There's An AI For That is a comprehensive AI tracker built with ease of use in mind. It tracks over 700 AIs across almost 100 categories and updates every day. Bookmark it to stay up to date with the latest advances in AI.
AI Tool Hunt is the go-to destination for finding the best new AI tools on the market. Our directory is constantly updated with the latest and greatest AI tools, making it easy for users to discover and compare options for their specific needs.
-Apply multiple filters at once. -Sort by creation date, Semrush traffic rank, no. of likes. -Detailed Infos like global rank, website active since, location country. -User reviews, comments & discussion -Best Similar Alternative tools -Track your Favourite tools with Google Account -Easy Instant Tool Submission -Daily Ai News
Tech used to create this Site : Nextjs, Tailwind css, Mongodb, Github, Vs Code
CodeGeeX is an AI-based coding assistant, which can suggest code in the current or following lines. It is powered by a large-scale multilingual code generation model with 13 billion parameters, pretrained on a large code corpus of more than 20 programming languages. (For more information on CodeGeeX model, please check out Model Homepage and GitHub repo.) In addition, with the large-scale model, CodeGeeX can translate codes to other programming languages, and provides customizable features (Prompt Mode) to help you configure your own programming assistant. Happy coding! Please kindly let us know if you encounter any problems or have any suggestions, via codegeex at aminer dot cn. Or you can also fill out the survey to tell us about all your feelings about our extension.
We've all heard of ChatGPT, the chatbot that has been trending for the last few days. While it's an amazing conversational AI tool, it has a few limitations. For starters, ChatGPT has been trained on information until 2021, so it's not very useful for topics after that.
But do you know there’s already a much better version of ChatGPT in the market? Actually, it’s the only one that has surpassed the limitations of ChatGPT till now.
ChatSonic can do more than what ChatGPT does:
Provides up-to-date factual information by using Google's knowledge graph We've integrated Google search into our chatbot to provide hyper-relevant content on any given topic, so you can always stay up to date.
Generates digital art and paintings from chat Chatsonic can also generate stunning digital artwork and images using AI so that you can bring your ideas to life.
Understands voice commands and talks back responses like Siri Why write when you can speak? Ask ChatSonic what you need via voice commands and have it read back the responses to you, just like Siri or Google Assistant does—you’ll be surprised!
Maintains the context of your conversations. Feels like you’re talking to a human ChatSonic maintains the context of your conversations just like you would with a person. It remembers past questions or comments in your conversation and can easily answer follow-up questions.
Gives you the option to share, edit, or download your conversations Share a specific response or even your entire conversations with your friends, colleagues, family, and followers.
Talk to a Personalized Avatar Talk with your own personal avatar! Select your personality - English tutor, fitness trainer, Math teacher, and more - and ChatSonic will behave like them, providing accurate answers.
Provides an API ChatSonic can be integrated with other applications and services through our simple-to-use API.
Uncover new insights with ChatSonic Twitter bot ChatSonic Twitter bot is the perfect way to quickly create up-to-date and instant chat responses from Twitter. Simply, log into your Twitter account, type in your question, tag ChatSonic, and hit the tweet button. Give it a go now and see the results for yourself - it's free to try!
For Students Enhance your learning experience with ChatPDF. Comprehend textbooks, handouts, and presentations effortlessly. Don't spend hours flipping through research papers and academic articles. Support your academic growth and succeed in your studies effectively and responsibly.
For Work Efficiently analyze your documents. From financial and sales reports to project and business proposals, training manuals, and legal contracts, ChatPDF can quickly provide you with the information you need. Your information is kept confidential in a secure cloud storage and deleted after 7 days for your peace of mind.
For Curious Minds Unlock a wealth of knowledge with ChatPDF. Discover new insights and answers from historical documents, poetry, and literature, effortlessly.
ChatPDF can understand any language and reply in your preferred one. Satisfy your curiosity and expand your horizons with the tool that can answer any question from any PDF.
ExplainDev is a browser extension for increasing productivity by shortening the turnaround time between finding code online and applying it to your project.
Whether browsing code repositories or websites with code snippets, after installing ExplainDev, code you see will have a button appended to it that upon click, provides a description of what the code does. You will also have an Explain option included in your right-click menu.