Windows Package Manager CLI (aka winget).
Just about every developer has wanted a native package manager in Windows. That day is finally here. You are going to be able to winget install your way to bliss. One of the best parts is that it is open source. I had to pinch myself when I was able to winget install terminal, and then winget install powershell, and then winget install powertoys. You get the idea, and If you do not see an app you use, just create a new manifest, and submit a pull request.
Contribute to microsoft/winget-cli development by creating an account on GitHub.
Chocolatey NuGet is a Machine Package Manager, somewhat like apt-get, but built with Windows in mind. It is built on top of NuGet command line and the NuGet infrastructure. In terms of updates, it allows you to update nearly everything on your machine with a few simple keystrokes.
A command-line installer for Windows.
Anki is a program which makes remembering things easy. Because it is a lot more efficient than traditional study methods, you can either greatly decrease your time spent studying, or greatly increase the amount you learn.
Anyone who needs to remember things in their daily life can benefit from Anki. Since it is content-agnostic and supports images, audio, videos and scientific markup (via LaTeX), the possibilities are endless. For example:
learning a language studying for medical and law exams memorizing people's names and faces brushing up on geography mastering long poems even practicing guitar chords!
There are big communities, e.g. r/Anki, and you can share and download decks among the community.
You can select from hundreds of add-ons developed by the community to extend Anki beyond its core functionality.
Sumatra PDF is a free PDF, eBook (ePub, Mobi), XPS, DjVu, CHM, Comic Book (CBZ and CBR) viewer for Windows.
Sumatra PDF is powerful, small, portable and starts up very fast.
Simplicity of the user interface has a high priority.
WinSCP is a popular free SFTP and FTP client for Windows. Moreover, WinSCP is a powerful multi-functional tool that will improve your productivity.
WinSCP can copy files between a local and remote computer using multiple protocols: FTP, FTPS, SCP, SFTP or WebDAV. On the one hand, WinSCP offers an easy to use graphical user interface; you can choose between Windows Explorer look and tabbed twin-panel interface like Norton commander. On the other hand, advanced users can automate WinSCP functionality using .NET assembly or simple batch file scripting.
You will use WinSCP for all common operations with files. You can start editing a file directly from WinSCP, either using WinSCP internal text editor or using integration with your favorite external text editor. WinSCP operations are not limited to individual files; WinSCP offers several ways to synchronize your remote and local directories.
After connecting to a site you can choose to store site information for repeated access, WinSCP can even share site settings with another popular open source tool PuTTY. WinSCP integrates also with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH.
Admins love WinSCP support for portable operation using a configuration file instead of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media.
A comprehensive WinSCP documentation is freely accessible at http://winscp.net. This site hosts also a very active user forum for support and feature requests.
WinSCP is available in English and many other languages.
WinSCP is an open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Hoppscotch is an open-source API development ecosystem. It helps you create your requests faster, saving you precious time on your development.
Ferdi is a desktop app that helps you organize how you use your favourite apps by combining them into one application. It is based on Franz - a software already used by thousands of people - with the difference that Ferdi gives you many additional features and doesn't restrict its usage! Furthermore, Ferdi is compatible with your existing Franz account, so you can continue right where you left off.
• Removes the counter-productive fullscreen app delay inviting users to upgrade • Removes pages begging you to donate after registration • Makes all users Premium by default • Add option to change server to a custom ferdi-server • Add "Private Notification"-Mode, that hides message content from notifications • Add Password Lock feature to keep your messages protected • Add an option to keep individual workspaces always loaded • Add an option to auto-hide the menubar • Add "Quick Switch" feature to help you navigate a long list of services (similar to Rambox's Quick Switcher) • Add "Scheduled Do-not-Disturb" feature in which you won't get notifications (similar to Rambox's Work Hours) • Add CTRL+? and CTRL+? shortcuts and menu options to go back and forward in the service browsing history • Add "npm run prepare-code" command for development to lint and beautify code • Remove "Franz is better together" popup • Remove bug that would incorrectly display unread messages count on some services • Makes it possible to edit the "Franz Todo" server • Makes RocketChat self-hosted generally available • Comes with a custom branding proper to Ferdi
Dropmark is a visual collaboration tool for creative people and teams. Drag and drop to the menu bar app, and your files are automatically uploaded to the cloud. Organize and invite colleagues to view and collaborate privately, or share your content with the world.
ORGANIZE Organize into collections and decide who sees what. Keep your content private, invite friends, or go public. Each collection has its own sharable shortlink.
COLLABORATE Invite colleagues to view and collaborate privately. Share your work with clients and skip e-mail and social media clutter. No sign up required for invited guests.
DISCUSS Keep the conversation in one spot. Gather feedback, recommendations, and suggestions from those you invite, right on Dropmark.
DRAG & DROP Drag and drop files right from your desktop or web browser. Your files will be automatically uploaded to the cloud.
FULLSCREEN PRESENTATION Say goodbye to Powerpoint. Every Dropmark collection can be viewed as a fullscreen presentation. Mix images, videos, websites, and more.
COLLABORATIVE PLAYLISTS & PODCASTS Drag in audio or video from YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, or even your desktop to create custom playlists and dead simple podcasts.
INSTANT PHOTO SLIDESHOW Drag and drop photos from your desktop to create instant fullscreen photo slideshows. Invite others to view and add to your collection.
EXTENSIONS, APPS & ADD-ONS Upload and manage your content right from your favorite web browser, popular desktop apps like iPhoto, third party tools, e-mail, and more.
Ditto is an extension to the standard Windows clipboard. It saves each item placed on the clipboard allowing you access to any of those items at a later time. Ditto allows you to save any type of information that can be put on the clipboard, text, images, html, custom formats. 17 translations available.
Don't be confused with Ditto! (iOS messenger).
- Easy to use interface
- Search and paste previous copy entries
- Keep multiple computer's clipboards in sync
- Data is encrypted when sent over the network
- Accessed from tray icon or global hot key
- Select entry by double click, enter key or drag drop
- Paste into any window that excepts standard copy/paste entries
- Display thumbnail of copied images in list
- Full Unicode support (display foreign characters)
- UTF-8 support for language files (create language files in any language)
- Uses sqlite database (www.sqlite.org)
Keypirinha is a fast launcher for keyboard ninjas on Windows.
- Quickly find and launch plethora of items like applications, files, bookmarks, URLs, sessions (PuTTY, WinSCP, FileZilla), registry keys, ...
- Launch a search on any configured website or online dictionary
- Language translations on-the-fly
- Evaluate mathematical expressions
- Convert numbers
- Base conversion of numbers
- Launch a copied URL directly (http, mailto, skype, ...)
- Split a URL and convert its arguments to JSON
- Switch to a running application by name
- Hash a string (CRC32, MD5, SHA, ...)
- Generate random UUIDs, passwords, bytes sequences
- Naturally associate a keyword to a specific item
- Machine-specific and/or user-specific configuration
- Freeware, no nag screen, no time limit, no ads
- Customizable GUI (colors, fonts, toggling and positioning of elements)
- Lightning fast
- Fairly small memory footprint
- Battery friendly
- File-driven configuration
- Steep but rewarding learning curve
- Written in C++, exposes a Python3 API for its plugins
You can think of |project| as an alternative to Launchy and a cousin of Alfred
- Interact painlessly with APIs
- Organize your work in spaces, collections, and tabs
- Parametrize requests with variables and environments
- Work across devices with auto-save and realtime sync
- Build and preview requests without sending them
- Use the app offline and without an account
HTTPie (pronounced aitch-tee-tee-pie) is a command line HTTP client. Its goal is to make CLI interaction with web services as human-friendly as possible. It provides a simple http command that allows for sending arbitrary HTTP requests using a simple and natural syntax, and displays colorized output. HTTPie can be used for testing, debugging, and generally interacting with HTTP servers.