My Current Tools
Bitwarden is the easiest and safest way to store all of your logins and passwords while conveniently keeping them synced between all of your devices.
Password theft is a serious problem. The websites and apps that you use are under attack every day. Security breaches occur and your passwords are stolen. When you reuse the same passwords across apps and websites hackers can easily access your email, bank, and other important accounts.
Security experts recommend that you use a different, randomly generated password for every account that you create. But how do you manage all those passwords? Bitwarden makes it easy for you to create, store, and access your passwords.
Bitwarden stores all of your logins in an encrypted vault that syncs across all of your devices. Since it's fully encrypted before it ever leaves your device, only you have access to your data. Not even the team at Bitwarden can read your data, even if we wanted to. Your data is sealed with AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256.
Bitwarden is 100% open source software. The source code for Bitwarden is hosted on GitHub and everyone is free to review, audit, and contribute to the Bitwarden codebase.
Fiddler is a Web Debugging Proxy which logs all HTTP(S) traffic between your computer and the Internet. Fiddler allows you to inspect all HTTP(S) traffic, set breakpoints, and "fiddle" with incoming or outgoing data. Fiddler includes a powerful event-based scripting subsystem, and can be extended using any .NET language.
Fiddler captures HTTP and HTTPS traffic and logs it for the user to review (the latter by implementing man-in-the-middle interception using self-signed certificates).
Fiddler is freeware and can debug traffic from virtually any application, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and thousands more.
FileZilla is a powerful FTP-client. It has been designed for ease of use and with support for as many features as possible, while still being fast and reliable. The program offers support for firewalls and proxy connections as well as SSL and Kerberos GSS security.
ShareX is a free and open source program that lets you capture or record any area of your screen and share it with a single press of a key. It also allows uploading images, text or other types of files to many supported destinations you can choose from.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly with your relatives without making a compromise on privacy or security. Make video calls, send messages, pictures, videos, documents, voice recordings, GIFs, contacts & location, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once and react to their messages with emojis -all with complete privacy-. Signal servers never have access to any of your communications and never store any of your data.
- Say Anything - Share text, voice messages, photos, videos, GIFs and files for free. Signal uses your phone's data connection so you can avoid SMS (No longer supports SMS or MMS) and MMS fees.
- Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
- Make Privacy Stick - Add a new layer of expression to your conversations with encrypted stickers. You can also create and share your own sticker packs.
- Get Together with Groups - Group chats make it easy to stay connected to your family, friends, and coworkers.
- No ads. No trackers. No kidding. - There are no ads, no affiliate marketers, and no creepy tracking in Signal. So focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
- Remain Connected - Push notifications let you know when new messages have arrived, and they'll be waiting for you even if your battery dies or you temporarily lose service.
- View Source - All of our code is free, open, and available on GitHub (https://github.com/signalapp).
- Join Movements - Technology developed by Open Whisper Systems is trusted and used by millions of people around the world every day.
(previously also diagrams.net) is a free online diagram drawing application for workflow, BPM, org charts, UML, ER, network diagrams. No login or registration are required and features include the ability to save locally (including SVG), a range of stencils, .vsdx, Lucidchart and Gliffy import and real time diagram sharing.
Discord is a communication platform used by various communities. It provides a space for regular interaction and allows private discussions. Discord servers are organized into topic-focused channels for easy collaboration and conversation. It offers voice channels for effortless communication and uses low latency voice and video technology.
Discord supports text, voice, and video communication. Users can video greet, live-stream games, host group screen shares, and create custom emojis from images. Users can share a range of content and pin preferred items for easy access.
Discord suits small groups and large fandoms. It offers customizable moderation tools and permission levels for user-specific group organization. Users can assign moderator roles, grant special members access to private channels, and manage their community effectively.
AutoHotkey (AHK) is a free, open-source macro-creation and automation software for Windows that allows users to automate repetitive tasks. It is driven by a scripting language that was initially aimed at providing keyboard shortcuts, otherwise known as hotkeys, that over time evolved into a full-fledged scripting language.
You can use AutoHotkey to:
- Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes or mouse clicks, or via COM.
- You can write a mouse or keyboard macro by hand or a recorder.
- Create hotkeys for keyboard, joystick, and mouse.
- Remap keys and buttons on your keyboard, joystick, and mouse.
- Expand abbreviations as you type them.
- Retrieve and change the Clipboard's contents.
You can also:
- Convert any AHK script into an executable file that can be run on computers where AutoHotkey is not installed.
- Create custom data-entry forms, user interfaces and menu bars.
- Automate data entry jobs by reading data from text files, XML, CSV, Excel and various database formats.
- Read signals from hand-held remote controls via the WinLIRC client script.
- Use the Component Object Model (COM).
- Use arrays, structures, matrices, and objects.
- Use variadic functions.
- Use DLL calls and Windows Messages.
- Use Perl Compatible Regular Expressions (PCRE).
- Use interactive debugging features.
Microsoft To-Do is a simple and intelligent to-do list that makes it easy to plan your day. Whether it's for work, school or home, To-Do will help you increase your productivity and decrease your stress levels. It combines intelligent technology and beautiful design to empower you to create a simple daily workflow. Organize your day with To-Do's smart Suggestions and complete the most important tasks or chores you need to get done, every day. To-Do syncs between your phone and computer, so you can access your to-dos from school, the office, or the grocery store or even while you're traveling around the world.
You can quickly add, organize and schedule your to-dos while you're on the go. With important to-dos that you really shouldn't forget you can add reminders and due dates—we'll remember them for you. And if you have to-dos that you need to tick off on a daily, weekly or yearly basis you can set up recurring due dates to remind you each and every time.
What areas of your life do you want to be more productive in? You can have a color-coded list for each. Now you can quickly add your homework to one list, your groceries to another, your packing list, your work projects and your home DIY projects to yet more lists. You can create as many lists as fits your lifestyle. And if you follow a productivity system such as GTD (David Allen's Getting Things Done Methodology) then you can create a Someday list or a Follow-up list. To-Do is here for you, whether your goals are for this week or in 5 years time.
TickTick is a simple and effective to-do list and task manager app which helps you make schedule, manage time, remind about deadlines and organize life at home, work and everywhere else.
TickTick is here to help you make the most of your day and get things done (gtd). Whether there is an idea you want to capture, personal goals to achieve, work to accomplish, a project to collaborate with colleagues, or even a shopping list to share with family (with the help of a list maker). Achieve your goals with our productivity planner.
How TickTick makes you more productive?
- Keep it all organized and know what to do next in to-do list
- Classify your tasks and to-dos with list maker, folders and tags.
- Make checklists and notes.
- Prioritize goals and focus on what really matters.
- Sort goals by date, priority, and title.
- Attach photos, records and other attachments.
- Swipe a task for quick edit; long press for batch edit.
What to enjoy more at TickTick Premium?
- Choose from a variety of themes to match your personality.
- View business calendar in grid format (better than in other time management apps).
- Take ultimate control of 299 lists, 999 tasks per list, and 199 subtasks per task.
- Add up to 5 reminders to each task.
- Share a task list planner with up to 29 members.
- Use the checklist format and type a description in the same task.
- Subscribe to third-party calendars and day planners in TickTick.
Learn more about TickTick at: www.ticktick.com
Connect with us at Facebook: @TickTickApp Twitter: @TickTickTeam
Visual Studio Code is a free and extensible code editor for building web, desktop, and mobile applications, using any programming language and framework.
Visual Studio Code has built-in support for Git source control management and powerful integrations with GitHub, an integrated debugger, and smart code completion with IntelliSense and with AI-driven IntelliCode. With over 30,000 extensions and themes in the Visual Studio Code Marketplace, you can customize the features and the look of Visual Studio Code to fit your needs, preferences, and style.
Known as VS-Code amongst the community, it is one of the most popular code editors and has a browser version which can be immediately accessed by going to vscode.dev.
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Simple, fast and powerful media player. Plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed: MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3...
OneDrive (formerly known as SkyDrive) delivers a satisfactory online file storage and sharing solution in a free and easy to use service. It has a design that is both attractive and functional. OneDrive lets you edit your Microsoft Office documents online, it offers a lite version of three of the major softwares of the suite Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, so if you don't have the suite installed on your PC or Mac you can simply edit them online. So you have full access to your documents on all your computers, wherever you are.
Get started with 5 GB for free. If you need more space, get 50 GB for just $1.99 a month.
Work together and share files and photos. Collaborate with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote from your desktop, mobile device, and the web. OneDrive for Business. Give your employees all the benefits of OneDrive for their work files backed by tools to allow IT to protect important company data.
Microsoft Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft. It is used to develop computer programs for Microsoft Windows, as well as web sites, web applications and web services. Visual Studio uses Microsoft software development platforms such as Windows API, Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Store and Microsoft Silverlight. It can produce both native code and managed code.
Visual Studio includes a code editor supporting IntelliSense as well as code refactoring. The integrated debugger works both as a source-level debugger and a machine-level debugger. Other built-in tools include a forms designer for building GUI applications, web designer, class designer, and database schema designer. It accepts plug-ins that enhance the functionality at almost every level—including adding support for source-control systems (like Subversion) and adding new toolsets like editors and visual designers for domain-specific languages or toolsets for other aspects of the software development lifecycle (like the Team Foundation Server client: Team Explorer).
Microsoft OneNote, part of the Microsoft 365 (Office), is a digital notebook application that gives people one place to gather notes and information. It also offers shared notebooks, syncing between multiple computers and devices via Windows Live online storage, and optical character recognition (OCR) for getting a text from pictures, business cards, etc.
OpenVPN is a full-featured open source SSL VPN solution that accommodates a wide range of configurations, including remote access, site-to-site VPNs, Wi-Fi security, and enterprise-scale remote access solutions with load balancing, failover, and fine-grained access-controls. Starting with the fundamental premise that complexity is the enemy of security, OpenVPN offers a cost-effective, lightweight alternative to other VPN technologies that is well-targeted for the SME and enterprise markets.
VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2.
Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux, Macintosh, and Solaris hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4, 2.6, 3.x and 4.x), Solaris and OpenSolaris, OS/2, and OpenBSD.
Virtualbox is available in 28 languages.
7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio.
The main features of 7-Zip
High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression Supported formats: Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z. For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats Self-extracting capability for 7z format Integration with Windows Shell Powerful File Manager Powerful command line version Plugin for FAR Manager Localizations for 87 languages
7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT. There is a port of the command line version to Linux/Unix and macOS.
Docker is an open-source engine that automates the deployment of any application as a lightweight, portable, self-sufficient container that will run virtually anywhere.
Docker containers can encapsulate any payload, and will run consistently on and between virtually any server. The same container that a developer builds and tests on a laptop will run at scale, in production*, on VMs, bare-metal servers, OpenStack clusters, public instances, or combinations of the above.
Common use cases for Docker include:
• Automating the packaging and deployment of applications • Creation of lightweight, private PAAS environments • Automated testing and continuous integration/deployment • Deploying and scaling web apps, databases and backend services
Docker is available as Community Edition (CE) for free and an Enterprise Edition (EE) subscription with software, support and certification.
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service which enables user cloud storage, file sharing and collaborative editing.
Google Drive incorporates the Google Docs suite, a collaborative office suite of productivity applications that offers:
- Google Docs , a word processor;
- Google Sheets , a spreadsheet application;
- Google Slides , a presentation program;
- Google Drawings , a graphics application;
- Google Forms , a form designer.
Google Drive gives you access to your work from anywhere, across your Mac, PC, mobile devices and on the web. Simply download Drive on your Mac or PC to sync files from your computer to the cloud. Update a file on one device and changes are automatically saved to Drive and your other device, so you have the most up-to-date version of your files wherever you need them.
Bring your work to life : Share files or whole folders with individuals, your entire team or even customers and partners. In the Docs, Sheets and Slides editors multiple people can work on the same document at the same time
Buy what you need & grow flexibly : Start with up to 15 GB of included storage for each of your users. Need more? For as little as $4/month for 20GB, administrators can centrally purchase and manage up to 16TB (Yes, that’s 16,000 GB!) of additional storage for each user.
Put your files into your Dropbox on one computer, and they'll be instantly available on any of your other computers that also have Dropbox installed. Because copies of your files are stored on Dropbox's secure servers, you can also access them from any computer or mobile device using the Dropbox website.
You receive 2 GB of storage space for free, upon registration. You may earn up to 16GB of free storage space by referring new users to Dropbox, at 500 MB per referral.
Rufus is a utility that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc.
- Formats USB memory sticks to FAT/FAT32/NTFS/exFAT/UDF/ReFS
- Creates bootable USB drive from a wide range of ISOs
- Creates MS-DOS/FreeDOS bootable USB memory sticks, with no external files required
- Creates BIOS or UEFI bootable drives
- Checks for bad blocks
- Modern UI, with UAC elevation for Windows Vista and later
- Fully Open Source (GPL v3)
It can be be especially useful for cases where:
- you need to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- you need to install an Operating System or run a Live CD from USB
- you need to work on a system that doesn't have an OS installed
- you want to run a DOS low-level utility
Despite its small size, Rufus provides you with everything you need!
Postman is a tool that facilitates the development and use of APIs. Postman provides all the functionality needed to create or simulate API specifications and use the Postman Collection Runner to create tests.
Included Features :
- Design and specifications of the dummy API
- Send requests for verification of your API
- Review your API responses
- Test automation
- Detailed documentation
- PLC monitoring
In terms of pricing, the free version of Postman offers a large usage quota that will be more than sufficient for individuals or small teams. Postman also offers paid subscriptions at $12/m for the Postman Team level and $24/m for the Postman Business level.
Overall, the postman is a great tool, with many useful API-related tools. With 1,000 free monthly API calls, most people can comfortably stay in the free level.
Save webpages to read later, and eliminate cluttering of bookmarks with sites that are merely of a one-time interest. With Pocket, you can read at home, work, on the plane, or during your commute; even without an internet connection.
Pocket is available as a bookmarklet, as a Chrome addon, integrated in Firefox, as several unofficial browser addons, and as a mobile app available for a variety of platforms.
Simple collaboration from your desktop
GitHub Desktop is a seamless way to contribute to projects on GitHub and GitHub Enterprise.
Available for Mac and Windows
You’ll find all the projects you’re working on listed in the sidebar. If you’re starting a new project, use the repository drop down menu to create a new repository or clone an existing one directly from GitHub.com.
Branches are essential to proposing changes and reviewing code on GitHub—and they’re always available in the top left corner of the repository view. Just select the current branch to switch branches or create a new one.
View a diff of your uncommitted changes, and form the perfect commit by selecting the files—or even the specific lines—that make up a change. Enter the summary and description, then commit. See your history
Visualize your changes and commits in the comparison graph. You can select commits on the graph to navigate through the history of your local branches.
Once you’re happy with your commits, you can open a pull request for review and discussion without leaving GitHub Desktop or touching the command line.
Browse commits on local and remote branches to quickly and clearly see what changes still need to be merged. You can also merge your code to the master branch for deployment right from the app.
GIMP is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, and more.
GitHub is a web-based hosting service for projects that use the Git revision control system. It is written in Ruby on Rails by Logical Awesome developers Chris Wanstrath, PJ Hyett, and Tom Preston-Werner. GitHub offers both commercial plans and free accounts for open source projects.
The site provides social networking functionality like feeds, followers and the network graph to display how developers work on their versions of a repository.
GitHub also operates a pastebin-style site at gist.github.com, wikis for the individual repositories and web pages that can be edited through a git repository.
GitHub has a built-in, highly functional Issue Tracker.
Git is a free & open source, distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency. Git tracks changes in any set of computer files, usually used for coordinating work among collaborators.
The Sysinternals Troubleshooting Utilities have been rolled up into a single Suite of tools. This file contains the individual troubleshooting tools and help files. It does not contain non-troubleshooting tools like the BSOD Screen Saver or NotMyFault.
The Suite is a bundling of the following selected Sysinternals Utilities:
AccessChk AccessEnum AdExplorer AdRestore Autologon Autoruns BgInfo CacheSet ClockRes Contig Coreinfo Ctrl2Cap DebugView Desktops Disk2vhd DiskExt DiskMon DiskView Disk Usage (DU) EFSDump Handle Hex2dec Junction LDMDump ListDLLs LiveKd LoadOrder LogonSessions NTFSInfo PageDefrag PendMoves PipeList PortMon ProcDump Process Explorer Process Monitor ProcFeatures PsExec PsFile PsGetSid PsInfo PsKill PsList PsLoggedOn PsLogList PsPasswd PsService PsShutdown PsSuspend RegDelNull RegJump RootkitRevealer SDelete ShareEnum ShellRunas SigCheck Streams Strings Sync TCPView VMMap VolumeID WhoIs WinObj ZoomIt
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µTorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
qBittorrent is based on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar library.
• Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
• Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
• All Bittorrent extensions DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, ...
• Remote control through a Web user interface Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
• Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents Torrents queueing and prioritizing Torrent content selection and prioritizing
• Natively integrated: When Downloads Completes Options (no need for additional script or plug-in) Exit, Suspend, Hibernate, Shutdown
• UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
• Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
• Torrent creation tool
• Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
• Bandwidth scheduler
• IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
• IPv6 compliant
• Sequential downloading (aka "Download in order")
• Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Free community support by volunteers: