Personal favorites with a focus on privacy/security and productivity
1Blocker is the fastest and most powerful Safari content blocker that improves your browsing experience by blocking ads, trackers, and other unwanted content, such as popups, cookie notices, comments, and more.
1Blocker is secure by design — we don't track the sites you visit. We protect you from online tracking, data collectors, and help you be focused on important things. We think that 1Blocker is an essential app for anyone who uses Safari.
An independent team of two app developers is working on 1Blocker. Our mission is to make the Internet a better and safer place for as many iOS and Mac users as possible.
Blocking unwanted content with 1Blocker is extremely fast and doesn't slow down Safari. We use Apple's native tools to tell Safari in advance what should be blocked. This vastly improves efficiency, reduces data loaded, and saves battery life. 1Blocker makes sites load on average 2-5x faster.
SECURE BY DESIGN
We don't have access to webpages and don't track the sites you visit. That's because Safari itself handles all blocking, we just provide rules for it.
FREQUENT CLOUD UPDATES
1Blocker rules automatically stay up-to-date thanks to our powerful cloud service that builds and sends you new rules twice a week. (Premium)
We believe that privacy is not for sale. That's why we don't have an "Acceptable Ads" program. We stay independent, and the only way we make money is through direct sales of 1Blocker on the App Store to you.
1Blocker is a highly customizable content blocker, providing the possibility of creating powerful custom rules. It allows you to create custom rules that block any URL by providing a regular expression or hide any element by CSS. It also lets you block cookies.(Premium)
AVAILABLE ON ALL DEVICES
1Blocker works seamlessly on all your iOS, macOS and iPadOS devices. Your preferences and custom rules are always in sync no matter which device you're using.
AdGuard is the best way to get rid of intrusive ads and online tracking, and to protect your computer from malware. Make your web surfing faster, safer and more comfortable with AdGuard!
Why choose AdGuard?
Pop-ups, video adverts, banners and such — they will all go away. Due to unnoticeable background filtering and cosmetic processing, all you will see are clean pages with the content you came for.
AdGuard fights against all trackers and analytical systems that spy on you thanks to the special Spyware filter designed by the AdGuard team. It accumulates rules against all known online analytics that try to steal your private data.
There are plenty of otherwise great apps that just can't resist showing ads to you. AdGuard lets you have the best of both worlds by giving an option to filter traffic of any app installed on your computer.
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit client built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
Bitwarden is the easiest and safest way to store all of your logins and passwords while conveniently keeping them synced between all of your devices.
Password theft is a serious problem. The websites and apps that you use are under attack every day. Security breaches occur and your passwords are stolen. When you reuse the same passwords across apps and websites hackers can easily access your email, bank, and other important accounts.
Security experts recommend that you use a different, randomly generated password for every account that you create. But how do you manage all those passwords? Bitwarden makes it easy for you to create, store, and access your passwords.
Bitwarden stores all of your logins in an encrypted vault that syncs across all of your devices. Since it's fully encrypted before it ever leaves your device, only you have access to your data. Not even the team at Bitwarden can read your data, even if we wanted to. Your data is sealed with AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256.
Bitwarden is 100% open source software. The source code for Bitwarden is hosted on GitHub and everyone is free to review, audit, and contribute to the Bitwarden codebase.
Email, meet AI. Canary can write your emails, prioritize what needs attention, silence spam & much more. Say hello to your Inbox Copilot!
Data Jar is a data store designed to be used with Shortcuts. The data store lets you persist key-value pairs.
If you have used dictionaries and lists in Shortcuts, then you’ll find that the data format used by Data Jar is very similar.
- Extensive support for Shortcuts, enabling you to read and update data directly form Shortcuts.
- Store text, numbers, booleans, lists, dictionaries and even files.
- Files are stored in iCloud Drive and can be accessed from the Files app.
- Take backups of your data from the in-app settings.
- Support for multiple windows and drag and drop on the iPad.
- Synchronisation between devices using iCloud.
Data Jar is free to use but contains a tip jar where users can pay a few bucks to support the developer.
DuckDuckGo is an alternative search engine that has rich features, respects your privacy, and is built from free/open-source software.
• Zero-click Info - Useful information above the links. • More Privacy - We do not track you. • Goodies - Instant answers, !bangs & settings. • Less Spam - We remove sites with just ads.
ente is a simple app to backup and share your photos and videos.
If you've been looking for a privacy-friendly alternative to Google Photos / iCloud Photos, you've come to the right place. With ente, they are stored end-to-end encrypted (e2ee). This means that only you can view them.
We have open-source apps across Android, iOS, web and desktop, and your photos will seamlessly sync between all of them in an end-to-end encrypted (e2ee) manner.
ente also makes it simple to share your albums with your loved ones, even if they aren't on ente. You can share publicly viewable links, where they can view your album and collaborate by adding photos to it, even without an account or app.
Your encrypted data is replicated to 3 different locations, including a fall-out shelter in Paris. We take posterity seriously and make it easy to ensure that your memories outlive you.
We are here to make the safest photos app ever, come join our journey!
- Original quality backups, because every pixel is important
- Family plans, so you can share storage with your family
- Collaborative albums, so you can pool together photos after a trip
- Shared folders, in case you want your partner to enjoy your "Camera" clicks
- Album links, that can be protected with a password
- Ability to free up space, by removing files that have been safely backed up
- Human support, because you're worth it
- Descriptions, so you can caption your memories and find them easily
- Image editor, to add finishing touches
- Favorite, hide and relive your memories, for they are precious
- One-click import from Google, Apple, your hard drive and more
- Dark theme, because your photos look good in it
- 2FA, 3FA, biometric auth
- and a LOT more!
PRICING We don't offer forever free plans, because it is important to us that we remain sustainable and withstand the test of time. Instead we offer affordable plans that you can freely share with your family. You can find more information at ente.io.
SUPPORT We take pride in offering human support. If you are our paid customer, you can reach out to email@example.com and expect a response from our team within 24 hours.
Firefox Focus is the Mozilla-made browser that considers your privacy first and foremost. By default, it blocks ad-trackers and it helps keep things secure by providing easy ways to clear your browsing history, including passwords and cookies.
- Blocks a wide range of common Web trackers without any settings to set
- Easily erases your history — no passwords, no cookies, no trackers
- By removing trackers and ads, Web pages may require less data and load faster
Jellyfin is a Free Software Media System that puts you in control of managing and streaming your media. It is an alternative to the proprietary Emby and Plex, to provide media from a dedicated server to end-user devices via multiple apps. Jellyfin is descended from Emby's 3.5.2 release and ported to the .NET Core framework to enable full cross-platform support. There are no strings attached, no premium licenses or features, and no hidden agendas: just a team who want to build something better and work together to achieve it. We welcome anyone who is interested in joining us in our quest!
Joplin is a free, open source note taking and to-do application, which can handle a large number of notes organised into notebooks. The notes are searchable, can be copied, tagged and modified either from the applications directly or from your own text editor. The notes are in Markdown format.
Notes exported from Evernote via .enex files can be imported into Joplin, including the formatted content (which is converted to Markdown), resources (images, attachments, etc.) and complete metadata (geolocation, updated time, created time, etc.). Plain Markdown files can also be imported.
The notes can be synchronised with various cloud services including Nextcloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, WebDAV, their own service (paid) or the file system (for example with a network directory). When synchronising the notes, notebooks, tags and other metadata are saved to plain text files which can be easily inspected, backed up and moved around.
The application is available for Windows, Linux, macOS, Android and iOS. A Web Clipper, to save web pages and screenshots from your browser, is also available for Firefox and Chrome.
- Desktop, mobile and terminal applications.
- Web Clipper for Firefox and Chrome.
- End To End Encryption (E2EE)
- Synchronisation with various services, including NextCloud, Dropbox, WebDAV and OneDrive.
- Import Enex files (Evernote export format) and Markdown files.
- Export JEX files (Joplin Export format) and raw files.
- Support for to-dos and tags
- Support for notifications in mobile and desktop applications.
- Offline first, so the entire data is always available on the device even without an internet connection.
- Markdown notes. Support for extra features such as math notation, checkboxes and Fountain (screenwriting markup language).
- File attachment support, images, etc.
- Search functionality.
- Geo-location support.
- Supports multiple languages
- External editor support - open notes in your favorite external editor with one click in Joplin.
All the major e-book formats OPDS catalogs Comfortable reading mode Powerful annotations Handy cataloguer Cloud Storage Ebook Formats
Lockdown is the world's first Open Source firewall for iOS -- and now available on Mac! Lockdown allows you to block any connection to any domain and protecting your privacy across the web. For free.
— FEATURES —
Block any domain / service
Works for all apps, not just the browser
Useful preconfigured defaults
See what's being blocked
Optional VPN for additional privacy
— BEST-IN-CLASS PRIVACY —
Open Source: Since firewalls have access to everything you do, it's critical that any firewall you use should be open source. Lockdown is 100% open source.
On-Device: Lockdown does its magic on-device and doesn't connect to any servers, or third-party analytics, or anything else. This way, everything you do stays private to you.
A free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite. Firefox is highly extensible, with thousands of third-party add-ons available.
Firefox version 60+ (Quantum) is presently faster than Google Chrome and use less memory than Chrome. Compare to previous versions of Firefox, the Quantum version is twice as fast, promote parallelism, and has more intuitive user interface.
MusicHarbor is an app that helps you stay on top of new music releases, music videos, events, and news from all your favorite artists and record labels.
It does that by integrating with your Apple Music and Spotify and by scanning all the artists from your library. You can follow these artists and labels in the app, and it will aggregate a chronologically ordered list of new music releases for you.
- Track everything: new and upcoming music releases, videos, interviews and live performances, events, artists' news, and album reviews.
- Import artists: Apple Music, Spotify, and your local music library.
- Integrate with your music streaming service: add songs to your Apple Music or Spotify library and playlists. Open albums in the Music and Spotify app, or dozens of different services using Songlink integration.
- Filter releases by type: choose which kinds of releases you want to know about: full albums, singles, EPs, remixes, live performances, and acoustic albums.
- Widgets: see the latest and upcoming releases right from your home screen. You can also fully customize the widget's colors to look good no matter how your home screen is designed.
- Siri Shortcuts: manage your MusicHarbor library using custom actions in the Shortcuts app. Use the app's built-in gallery to build your own.
- iCloud Syncing: your artists, record labels, and releases are synced to all iOS, iPadOS, and macOS devices using the same iCloud account.
- iPhone, iPad, Mac: you can use MusicHarbor on your favorite device because it is available on both App Store and Mac App Store with optimized versions for each platform.
- Latest technologies support: MusicHarbor is constantly updated and supports the newest iOS, iPadOS, and macOS features, such as dark mode, cursor and keyboard support, context menus, spotlight search, widgets, iPadOS sidebar, iCloud sync, dynamic type…
- Privacy-focused: you don't need an account to use the app, and all your data is processed locally on the device.
With OnJuno, we are on a mission to make banking fair and transparent. Our aim is to create a cross-border digital banking platform that provides our members with an FDIC Insured high yield checking account. We wish to completely phase out the use of savings accounts for our members by building a powerful checking account that will help our members save more with direct deposits, free cash withdrawals, and no hidden fees.
OnJuno is being built with an intention to be a safe financial vehicle for all, without compromising on the ability to grow their money. Our products encourage good financial habits and help our members save more money for their long term financial goals.
Banking today is a painful experience riddled with anxiety. We believe that managing money should not be an uphill battle, but a simple and autonomous experience that makes financial freedom accessible to all. We have put in a lot of thought and effort into making our banking interface beautiful, yet simple.
View and modify documents created using LibreOffice or OpenOffice on the go using OpenDocument Reader! 📄🚶
OpenDocument Reader allows you to read your ODF* (Open Document Format) documents created using LibreOffice or OpenOffice wherever you are. In the bus on your way to school wanting to look at your notes before the big exam? No problem! With OpenDocument Reader you can read and search through your documents in a clean and simple way. Is there just one last typo left to fix in your document before sending it out to colleagues? OpenDocument Reader supports modification of documents now! Fast, simple and well integrated.
You can start reading your documents from within other apps. Supported apps include GMail, Google Drive, iCloud, OneDrive, Nextcloud, Box.net, Dropbox and lots of others! Or use our integrated file explorer instead to open local files on your device.
All features in one glimpse:
- open ODT, ODS, ODP and ODG without a hassle
- basic editing of documents to fix typos, add sentences, etc
- securely open password-protected documents
- search for keywords in your document and highlight them
- print documents if your device is connected to a printer
- read your documents in fullscreen to avoid distractions
- select and copy text out of your documents
- enjoy your documents even without internet connectivity - fully offline capable
- read out aloud your documents using Text-To-Speech technology
Orion is a WebKit-based browser, open to the web, standards and protocols. It is compatible with most Firefox and Chrome extensions.
Download link from their Discord: https://browser.kagi.com/downloads/Orion.dmg
Built on WebKit, Orion gives you a fast, smooth and lightweight browsing experience, without holding your device’s battery hostage. And with Orion’s deep integration with native technologies, you’ll feel right at home while using it on macOS or iOS.
Don't lose any of your favorite extensions.
Orion supports Firefox and Chrome browser extensions natively. Whether you prefer getting them from the Chrome Web Store or Firefox Add-Ons, your extensions are just a click away. We’ve already added support for some of the most popular extensions and we’re working on supporting the rest – as well as bringing support for as many as we can to iOS, so you can still enjoy using your extensions when you’re not at your computer.
Privacy by design, like no other browser.
Orion has been engineered from ground up as a truly privacy-respecting browser. We did it by embracing a simple principle - Orion is a zero telemetry browser. No user data will ever leave Orion by default. To protect your privacy on the web, Orion comes with industry-leading anti-tracking technology as well as a powerful built-in ad-blocker.
Secure email with absolutely no compromises, brought to you by MIT and CERN scientists.
Swiss Based ProtonMail is incorporated in Switzerland and our servers are located in Switzerland. We are outside of US and EU jurisdiction and all user data is protected by strict Swiss privacy laws.
Zero Access Because of our end-to-end encryption, your data is already encrypted by the time it reaches our servers. We have no access to your messages, and since we cannot decrypt them, we cannot share them with third parties.
Backwards Compatible ProtonMail works out of any modern web browser, there is nothing to install. We are also backwards compatible with other email providers so you can continue sending and receiving emails from friends who are not using ProtonMail.
Forever Free We believe privacy is a fundamental human right and should be available for everyone. That's why we offer multi-tiered pricing including a free version that anyone can use. Let's bring privacy back to the people!
Fully Anonymous We do not log IP addresses or require any personal information to sign up. We accept bitcoin and cash payments for paid accounts to ensure even paid account users have complete privacy.
Cross Platform ProtonMail works on all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. It's as simple as visiting our site and logging in. There are no plugins or apps to install - simply use your favorite web browser.
Get a new virtual card for every purchase for free. Set spending limits, make one time-use cards, or cards that only work at certain merchants. Join over 100,000+ users that have saved $100 million by blocking unwanted charges due to compromised cards, hidden fees, and forgotten subscriptions.
Lifehacker says it's like creating a Gmail address like “firstname.lastname@example.org”, but for your card number.
Forget about credit card fraud, data breaches, or having to update billing information at all the services you use when a card gets hacked. Foil fraudsters, keep you personal information safe and take back control of your online spending!
Privacy cards may be used everywhere major debit cards are accepted.
- Complete Control - Set max charge limits on each card and close any card with just a swipe.
- Private Payments - Spend anonymously. Use a fake name when you pay. It’s nobody's business what you buy.
- Foil Fraudsters - Cards are automatically locked to the first merchant they're used at. So you're safe even if the merchant gets breached.
- Stop Subscriptions - Set a max charge or make your card single use, so you'll never forget to cancel one of those pesky "30 day free trials."
- Completely free - We make money from merchants, just like a debit or credit card. We won’t ever sell your information or surprise you with any hidden fees.
Open the app in one tap, sign in with FaceID and copy your one-time password to your Mac in one tap with handoff. Using a one-time password manager has never been easier!
Features: • Backup/sync one-time passwords to iCloud. • Search through your one-time passwords in one tap. • Export your one-time passwords to encrypted ZIP archives. • Add custom icons to your one-time passwords. • Scan a QR code or add a one-time password manually. • Show both the current and previous one-time password. • Unlock Raivo OTP with FaceID, TouchID or a passcode. • Raivo OTP is native and open-source (built in Swift 5)!
Raindrop.io saves not just bookmarks but associated content depending on page type.
Supports articles, photos, videos, presentations, website screenshots and more. Supports all your favorite sites
If it's an article, it will be cut and saved with the bookmark. The same applies to video, photo and presentations. So you can organize thematic collections with different content.
Available from a web interface, browser extension & mobile apps.
Scriptable is an automation tool that enables you to write scripts that integrates with native features of iOS such as files, calendars, reminders, documents and much more.
Your scripts can be run from the Scriptable app, from a Siri Shortcut or from other apps using the share sheet extensive or Scriptable’s URL schemes.
- Auto complete of variable names, functions, keywords and properties as you type.
- Extensive support for Siri Shortcuts enabling you to present images, tables, websites, HTML and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text.
- Support for input and output parameters in Siri Shortcuts.
- Easily schedule rich notifications to run your scripts periodically.
- Work with files and directories from third party apps using File Bookmarks.
- Synchronise scripts to all of your devices using iCloud Drive.
- Assign one of over 800 glyphs and a color to a script to easily identify it in your directory of scripts.
- Run a script by 3D touching the app icon.
- Run a script from a share sheet and process the inputs.
- Schedule notifications and run a script directly from a notification.
- URL schemes enabling you to run scripts from other apps.
- Support for x-callback-url enabling advanced integration with other apps that support x-callback-url.
- Export and share scripts.
- Example scripts helping you get started creating your own scripts.
- Extensive documentation for all the native APIs you can use in your scripts. Available offline in the app and online on docs.scriptable.app.
- View the documentation in a separate window on iPad.
- Support for dark mode.
- Customise the editor to your liking.
Skiff it's a new document collaboration tool. The service is privacy-focused and comes with E2E encryption, password-protected documents & public online sharing. It has also a minimalistic, clean & simple design.
A window to the stars has never been more beautiful and easy to use. Sky Guide lets you experience the wonders of the night in ways you’ve only dreamed of.
Standard Notes is a simple and private notes app. It allows you to write and sync your notes across all your devices, iOS, Android, Linux, Windows, MacOS, and web browser.
Private means your notes are end-to-end encrypted, so only you can read your notes. Even we can't read the contents of your notes.
Simple means it does one job and does it well. Standard Notes is a safe and lasting place for your life's work. Our focus is making it easy to write notes wherever you are and syncing them with encryption to all your devices.
Standard Notes comes free with: • Seamless sync across all your devices, with easy to use applications on iPhone, iPad, Mac, web browsers, and other platforms.
- Offline access, so you can access your downloaded notes even without a connection.
- No limit on number of devices.
- No limit on number of notes.
- Passcode lock protection, along with Touch ID and Face ID protection.
- A tagging system to organize your notes (like #work, #ideas, #passwords, #crypto).
- The ability to pin, lock, protect, and move notes to trash, which allows you to recover deleted notes until the trash is emptied.
We made Standard Notes simple because longevity is important to us. We want to make sure we're here, protecting your notes, for the next hundred years. You shouldn't have to find a new notes app every year.
To sustain our development, we offer optional paid subscriptions with additional benefits. A premium subscription gives you access to powerful tools including:
- Super note type
- Beautiful themes
- Web clipper
- Encrypted files
- Hardware security key support
Do you have browser tab addiction? Are you drowning in a sea of open tabs that are holding back your focus and productivity? Can't seem to find the page you were just browsing two apps ago?
StartPage.ai is a free Safari web extension and tab manager that brings sanity to browser tabs on iOS and iPad.
Whenever you create a new tab, StartPage.ai will list out your tabs with the most recently used tabs listed first. Simply tap on an entry to switch to that tab or use the close button to quickly close tabs you don't need anymore.
Every time you create a new tab is now an opportunity to ask yourself, "do these tabs spark joy?", so you can declutter your browser and recover your focus.
StopTheMadness is a Safari extension for Mac that stops web sites from making Safari harder to use. Some web sites disable Mac user interface features in Safari that you normally expect to work. For example:
• password autocomplete • -click to open a link in a new tab • -key keyboard shortcuts • selecting, copying, cutting, and pasting of text • drag and drop • opening contextual menus
StopTheMadness ensures that those features continue to work in Safari. With StopTheMadness enabled, the annoying web sites that deliberately make your life harder suddenly become easy to use again!
Get control and improve your browsing experience, making it private, fast, and without pop-ups. Super Agent helps you pick which cookies you want and which cookies you don't want. It doesn't store your data by default, informs you of any action taken, and warns you whenever it finds a website not respecting your preferences.
Tuta is the world's most secure email service, easy to use and private by design. You get fully encrypted calendars and contacts with all our personal and business email accounts. It has open source iOS and an Android apps. The Android app is published on F-Droid (which means the app does not use Google's push notification system) making it a great option if you want to de-Google your life. All data is stored encrypted and can not be searched, i.e. for commercial use. It offers dead easy end-to-end encryption.
Encrypted Calendar Organization is key: Regain control over your busy life with Tuta's encrypted calendar. The calendar is integrated seamlessly into the secure email client and can be easily accessed on any device. Event notifications are sent end-to-end encrypted to fully protect your privacy.
Contacts: Tuta allows you to add and manage encrypted contacts, always at hand.
Search: Fast search of encrypted data guarantees privacy.
Mail Storage 1 GB of storage is free for everyone.
Easy - one password for everything Tuta wants to provide the easiest-to-use and most secure email client. You do not have to fiddle with multiple passwords for signing in and for encryption/decryption. The state-of-the-art encryption technology handles all the encryption and decryption complexities. Still: Your password only belongs to you. It is being hashed and salted locally before being transmitted to the servers.
Only you with your password have access to your encrypted data, profiling is impossible. Tuta combines security with ease-of-use so that everybody can use end-to-end encryption. Now you can take back your privacy easily!
Tweaks for Twitter is a Safari extension that improves the user interface of twitter.com in many ways. Tweaks is made by indie developer Jeff Johnson. If you need support, please email me at email@example.com or read the support site at https://underpassapp.com/tweaks/support.html
Tweaks makes Twitter better in Safari by removing these annoying elements:
• Promoted tweets • Messages drawer • Trends • Who to follow • Topics to follow • Keyboard shortcuts • Hover cards • What's happening? • This Tweet is unavailable. • Explore
If your Twitter account has no switch to select "Latest Tweets" at the top of your timeline, Tweaks forces the missing switch to appear!
Tweaks also unsticks the title at the top of the Twitter window, making it scrollable.
Tweaks replaces shortened https://t.co/ URLs in tweet links with the real unshortened URLs, allowing you to bypass Twitter's click tracker. (This feature does not work for Twitter cards or user profiles.)
Tweaks has options to disable the new Twitter "Chirp" font and to swap the colors of the Follow and Following buttons.
Tweaks also has an option to automatically expand "Show replies" in conversations! (This currently works only with English, German, and Spanish display languages on Twitter.)
Access Git repositories on the go. Clone, edit, commit and push while allowing other apps access to repositories.
Git is a important part of our work-life and iOS can take part in this. The ability to commit even when offline has added utility on a device that moves in and out of network coverage. Cloning repositories gets you a local copy on your iOS device with commits for all branches. You can browse the content from within the app and make changes. Other applications supporting the Files app, WebDAV or x-callback-url has access to these files. Changes made can be committed and the commits can in turn be pushed back to the remote.
The idea of doing significant programming on iOS might seem far fetched when you are used to a large screen, a physical keyboard and a full IDE. But just as it turned out that not every email is serious prose, then not everything that goes on in Git is significant programming. Sometimes you just want to update a TODO file or make adjustments to your Jekyll site. Sometimes you just need to add a file the designer sent after hours.