Windows system utils
- File Manager
- Android Emulator
- Clipboard replacement
- Desktop icon organizer
- Hardware monitoring
- Multiple monitors / screen splitting
- Tasks management / Scheduling
- Waking up / Sleeping
- Windows utils My favorite proprietary, open source and freeware tools.
Compare read and write speed of USB Flash drives: USBDeview is a small utility that lists all USB devices that currently connected to your computer, as well as all USB devices that you previously used. For each USB device, exteneded information is displayed: Device name/description, device type, serial number (for mass storage devices), the date/time that device was added, VendorID, ProductID, and more... USBDeview also allows you to uninstall USB devices that you previously used, disconnect USB devices that are currently connected to your computer, as well as to disable and enable USB devices. You can also use USBDeview on a remote computer, as long as you login to that computer with admin user.
Introducing Files, the ultimate file manager app for Windows. With its sleek and intuitive design, navigating through your files has never been easier. Files features tabs for easy switching between different folders, a column view for quick file browsing, and dual pane support for efficient file management. In addition, you can easily create and extract archives with just a few clicks, making file compression and decompression a breeze.
Files also offers advanced features such as file tagging for easy organization, support for QuickLook for previewing files without opening them, and the ability to customize the background color to match your personal style. Whether you're a power user or just looking for a better way to manage your files, Files has everything you need to keep your files organized and easily accessible. With its combination of powerful features and ease of use, Files is the ultimate file management solution for Windows.
BlueStacks runs Android OS and apps on Windows PCs with instant switch between Android and Windows - no reboot is required. End consumers can now enjoy their favorite Android apps on Windows PCs. Android apps can appear either as icons on the Windows desktop, or within a full-blown Android environment.
BlueStacks helps PC manufacturers to ride the Android momentum by enabling Android apps on x86-based tablets, netbooks, notebooks, convertibles and AiO Windows PCs. With the new hybrid convertible form factors, BlueStacks completely eliminates the need to carry two devices. The end consumer benefits from getting both Android and Windows at the price of a single PC.
BlueStacks integrates seamlessly with Citrix and Microsoft software delivery infrastructure and with Citrix’s Enterprise App Store. With BlueStacks, enterprise IT can deliver Android apps securely and effortlessly to any end point running Windows.
The seamless user experience, simultaneous use of Android and Windows apps, and multi-touch enablement are built on ground breaking virtualization technology which requires zero configuration and is transparent to the end consumer.
Over 600 apps work with IFTTT including Twitter, Telegram, Google Drive, Twitch, Weather Underground, Instagram, Gmail, and devices like Google Home, Amazon Alexa, Nest, Philips Hue, and your iPhone. The IFTTT app also integrates with the Health app, so you can easily track and maintain your habits.
Turn on Applets and: • Control everything around you with your voice and Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant • Stay informed about what’s happening from publications like The New York Times and ProPublica • Always stay prepared for the weather with custom daily forecast notifications • Message roommates when you’re near the local grocery • Get an alert as soon as there’s a new Craigslist listing that matches you search • Stay safe with automated and intelligent home security alerts • Streamline your social media • Back up and share your iOS photos automatically • Back up important files, photos, and contacts to cloud-storage solutions, such as Dropbox or Google Drive • Set your home thermostat to an optimal temperature when you arrive home • Post all your Instagrams as Twitter photos or Pinterest pins • Trigger events based on your current location
There are thousands of other use cases! New services are added every week. Some popular ones include: Twitch, Telegram, Spotify, YouTube, Google Calendar, Tumblr, Medium, Pocket, Square, eBay, Giphy, Automatic, LIFX, Fitbit, Withings, littleBits, Google WiFi, Evernote, Reddit, Digg, Skype, Slack, LINE, MailChimp, Salesforce, Todoist, and hundreds more.
Browse our curated collections to find Applets for: • The home, office, and car • Staying informed on news and politics • Your iPhone and iPad • Exploring outer space • Improving how you use social media
Do more with the services you love. Discover the power of Applets at ifttt.com/discover
AutoHotkey (AHK) is a free, open-source macro-creation and automation software for Windows that allows users to automate repetitive tasks. It is driven by a scripting language that was initially aimed at providing keyboard shortcuts, otherwise known as hotkeys, that over time evolved into a full-fledged scripting language.
You can use AutoHotkey to:
- Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes or mouse clicks, or via COM.
- You can write a mouse or keyboard macro by hand or a recorder.
- Create hotkeys for keyboard, joystick, and mouse.
- Remap keys and buttons on your keyboard, joystick, and mouse.
- Expand abbreviations as you type them.
- Retrieve and change the Clipboard's contents.
You can also:
- Convert any AHK script into an executable file that can be run on computers where AutoHotkey is not installed.
- Create custom data-entry forms, user interfaces and menu bars.
- Automate data entry jobs by reading data from text files, XML, CSV, Excel and various database formats.
- Read signals from hand-held remote controls via the WinLIRC client script.
- Use the Component Object Model (COM).
- Use arrays, structures, matrices, and objects.
- Use variadic functions.
- Use DLL calls and Windows Messages.
- Use Perl Compatible Regular Expressions (PCRE).
- Use interactive debugging features.
Automate Mouse Clicks with Auto Mouse Click Software Utility. Automate Left or Right Single or Double Mouse Clicks. Download and try for free Auto Mouse Click Utility.
ClipClip is a Windows clipboard manager software that will revolutionize the way you use copy and paste. It allows you to view your clipboard and analyze the content, so you can later edit it and organize as per your preferences. So, you’ll basically be able to open your clipboard and edit the content in a way that wasn’t even imaginable before.
Whether you’re an accountant, a programmer, a data analyst or just a person who uses copy and paste a lot, we’re sure that ClipClip is the software that you need!
Ditto is an extension to the standard Windows clipboard. It saves each item placed on the clipboard allowing you access to any of those items at a later time. Ditto allows you to save any type of information that can be put on the clipboard, text, images, html, custom formats. 17 translations available.
Don't be confused with Ditto! (iOS messenger).
- Easy to use interface
- Search and paste previous copy entries
- Keep multiple computer's clipboards in sync
- Data is encrypted when sent over the network
- Accessed from tray icon or global hot key
- Select entry by double click, enter key or drag drop
- Paste into any window that excepts standard copy/paste entries
- Display thumbnail of copied images in list
- Full Unicode support (display foreign characters)
- UTF-8 support for language files (create language files in any language)
- Uses sqlite database (www.sqlite.org)
Desktop icon organizer
Fences allows you to organize your PC by automatically placing your shortcuts and icons into resizable shaded areas on your desktop called fences that are designed to match Windows 10 and 11. Some of Fences features include:
Desktop Quick-peek Instantly clean up your desktop. Double-click any blank space on your desktop and your desktop icons will fade out. Double-click again and they will return. You can even pick icons and individual fences to exclude.
Fences Peek Press Win+Space to bring your fences on top of all your windows, allowing you quick access to apps and content.
Folder Portals Fences can act as a portal to any folder on your PC. For example, your documents or pictures folders can be mirrored onto your desktop as a fence enabling quick access to their contents without adding clutter to your desktop.
CPU-Z is a freeware system profiler (system monitor) application for Microsoft Windows (for all versions from 95 on) that detects the central processing unit, RAM, motherboard chipset, and other hardware features of a modern personal computer, and presents the information in one window. CPU-Z is more in-depth in some areas than the features that Windows XP provides to identify various hardware components, and is thus needed to identify certain components without opening the case, especially the core revision and RAM clock rate.
cpuid dumps detailed information about the CPU(s) gathered from the CPUID instruction, and also determines the exact model of CPU(s).
HWMonitor is a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors : voltages, temperatures, fans speed.
CrystalDiskInfo is a HDD/SSD utility software which supports S.M.A.R.T.
It shows the health status much more clearly than similar tools.
The "Function / Graph" is especially interesting for the "Reallocated Sectors Count". If it increases over time or is very high already, the hard drive may need to be replaced. More than 30 languages.
CrystalDiskMark is a small HDD benchmark utility for your hard drive that enable you to rapidly measure sequential and random read/write speeds.
UserBenchmark is a free all-in-one benchmarking application. Benchmark your CPU, GPU, SSD, HDD and USB Drives then compare results with other users and see which parts you can upgrade together with the expected performance improvements. CPU benchmarks bias toward Intel.
How it works
- Download and run UserBenchMark.
- CPU tests include: integer, floating and string.
- GPU tests include: six 3D game simulations.
- Drive tests include: read, write, sustained write and mixed IO.
- RAM tests include: single/multi core bandwidth and latency.
- SkillBench (space shooter) tests user input accuracy.
- Reports are generated and presented on userbenchmark.com
- Identify the strongest components in your PC.
- See speed test results from other users.
- Compare your components to the current market leaders.
- Explore your best upgrade options with a virtual PC build.
- Compare your in-game FPS to other users with your hardware.
Multiple monitors / screen splitting
DisplayFusion will make your dual monitor (or triple monitor or more) experience smooth and painless. With DisplayFusion you can add a taskbar to every monitor that works and looks just like the Windows Taskbar. Or take advantage of advanced multi-monitor wallpaper support, Flickr integration for image searching and fully customizable window management hotkeys. These are just a few of the many things that DisplayFusion can do.
- Multi-Monitor Taskbars
- Incredible Desktop Wallpaper
- Powerful Functions including Scripted Functions (Macros)
- Precise Monitor Controls
- Useful Windows 10 Tweaks including running of "Metro" apps in windows
- Window Snapping
- Window Management
- Window Location
- Windows Logon Background
- Multi-Monitor Screen Savers
- Remote Control
- Desktop Icon Profiles
- Easy Administration including silent installer for corporate environment
- Available in dozens of Languages
- Basic features are completely free with no time limit
Tasks management / Scheduling
Process Hacker is a feature-packed tool for manipulating processes and services on your computer. A free and open source process viewer with powerful process termination and memory searching/editing capabilities.
Key features of Process Hacker:
• A simple, customizable tree view with highlighting showing you the processes running on your computer. • Detailed system statistics with graphs. • Advanced features not found in other programs, such as detaching from debuggers, viewing GDI handles, viewing heaps, injecting and unloading DLLs, and more. • Powerful process termination that bypasses security software and rootkits. • View, edit and control services, including those not shown by the Services console. • View and close network connections. • Starts up almost instantly, unlike other programs.
With Z-Cron scheduler you can start and/or quit programs (*.exe, *.com, *.bat) under Windows. Freeware software for automation task service on your system. These tasks can be started automatically at the following points in time:
- Daily (every x days).
- Weekly (every x weeks at a weekday you can choose).
- Monthly (at the x calendar day or the x weekday of a month).
- After the system startup.
- In regular intervals (e.g. every 5 minutes, every hour, etc.)
Waking up / Sleeping
Don't Sleep is a small portable program to prevent system shutdown, Standby, Hibernate, Turn Off and Restart.
Collect active network systems, like a network ascanner, in the local network and send WOL packets to wake up them using their MAC address.
Create Sticky Notes - A simple and smart design that makes capturing your all your notes – small and big – easy, quick and fun.
One click access - Access your Sticky Notes with just a click of your Surface Pen to bring up the Windows 10 Ink Workspace.
Type or write, the choice is yours - Use your Surface Pen with Sticky Notes to capture your ideas in your very own handwriting or if you prefer to type, tap away.
Create Cortana Reminders - Never forget a note again with Cortana. Simply jot down a time or date with your note and it will be highlighted. You can then tap on it to create a Cortana reminder.
Added intelligence - Get to where you need to go with one click. Sticky Notes detects addresses, emails and cell numbers so all you have to do is tap the highlighted text to open Maps, Mail or Skype.
Track your flights & stocks - Keep an eye on an upcoming flight or stock option by typing a flight No. or stock ticker with '$' at the front. Bing then delivers the information you need to your note.
A simple yet powerful calculator that includes standard, scientific, and programmer modes, as well as a unit converter. It's the perfect tool to add up a bill, convert measurements in a recipe or other project, or complete complex math, algebra, or geometry problems. Calculator history makes it easy to confirm if you've entered numbers correctly.
You can use Snipping Tool to capture a screen shot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.
Simply use a mouse or tablet pen to capture any of the following types of snips:
Free-form Snip. Draw an irregular line, such as a circle or a triangle, around an object.
Rectangular Snip. Draw a precise line by dragging the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
Window Snip. Select a window, such as a browser window or dialog box, that you want to capture.
Full-screen Snip. Capture the entire screen when you select this type of snip.
Record video. Capture a portion or full screen video.
After you capture a snip, it's automatically copied to the mark-up window, where you can annotate, save, or share the snip.
If you have a scanner, this app makes it easy to scan documents and pictures and save them where you'd like. Whether you're scanning a photo from the flatbed or scanning multiple pages by using a document feeder, the Scan app is the perfect assistant.
Copy images and text from one PC to another with a cloud-based clipboard. Not only can you can paste from your clipboard history, but you can also pin the items you find yourself using all the time.
To get to your clipboard history at any time, press Windows logo key + V. You can also paste and pin frequently used items by choosing an individual item from your clipboard menu. To share your clipboard items across your Windows 10 devices, select Start > Settings > System > Clipboard. Choose Automatically sync text that I copy under Sync across devices. The sync feature is tied to your Microsoft account, or your work account, so remember to use the same login information on all your devices.
Record sounds, lectures, interviews, and other events. Mark key moments as you record, edit, or play them back.
A combination of alarm clock, world clock, timer, and stopwatch. Set alarms and reminders, check times around the world, and time your activities, including laps and splits.
- Alarm clock, stopwatch, world clock, and countdown timers, all in one app
- Set one-time or recurring alarms and reminders
- Snooze or dismiss alarms from the lock screen
- On phones and select PCs, alarms sound even when your device is on standby or muted
- Choose from lots of alarm sounds, including m4a files or vibrate-only on phones
- Keep track of current, past, and future times around the world, comparing times in multiple location
- Run several timers simultaneously
- Use the stopwatch for laps and splits
- Resize the app to use it alongside other apps on your PC
ScanDisk is a utility in MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows systems which checks and repairs file systems and bad clusters on the hard drive. It was introduced in MS-DOS version 6.2. Previous versions of MS-DOS supplied only the simpler, purely text-based program chkdsk .
In Windows 95 onwards, SCANDISK also had a graphical user interface, although the text interface continued to be available for use in single-tasking ("DOS") mode.
SCANDISK can't check NTFS disk drives and therefore isn't available for computers running NT based (including Windows 2000, Windows XP, etc.) versions of Windows: a newer CHKDSK is provided instead (not to be confused with the older MS-DOS CHKDSK).